ISSS for Storm?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by lammygeek, Nov 8, 2004.

1. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    i hope this doesn't hurt the potential concert business for the Bridgeview Stadium.

2. lammygeek

lammygeek New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    minneapolis mn
    Sounds like the capacity will be lower, and it will be indoors. Coupled with it being out in the NW burbs, it will hopefully find its own market.

3. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    very risky idea

can't think of what that would pay for that would work for pro sports

arena football? minor league hockey and basketball

don't see indoor soccer being enough

"If village trustees approve the deal"

ask Metrostars how quick that might happen

4. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it will only seat 11,000 for concerts I doubt that it will be able to compete for the better drawing acts. Plus AEG has several acts under contract and they would only perform at Bridgeview.
    I wonder if the Storm would consider moving there if they don't draw at the Pavillion.

5. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    hmm..interesting. Don't think they are counting on the storm though. I'd heard the storm might end up somewhere else entirely. Could change some things though I guess.
    Interesting.

6. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    The "shed" business is a thing unto itself. I don't see it being a problem. I'd be curious to see if they become exclusive to a promoter, though. If I'm AEG/ConcertsWest, I'd try like crazy to lock up a deal with them in conjunction with JAM. Then they go from no venues to two in a short amount of time.

Ultimately, if that were to happen, it would be a GOOD thing for the concert business for the Bridgeview Stadium.

Later,
    COZ

7. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where might the Storm wind up? What's the rumor?

8. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town
    IN regards to drawing fans this would be a better move for the Storm no question about it!

There was an attemp to build a 15,000 seat arena in the subrubs a couple of years back and it failed on numerous occasions. They specifically touted an MISL team to be put there.

I think it was Prospect heights that tried to get it done but it never happened probably for financial reasons.

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    That sounds closer.

10. Wolves1935

Wolves1935 New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Prospect Heights
    The Prospect Heights thing just got shot down again in the recent elections. They were looking to get $25 million in bonds issued to help pay for it and were also looking to some guy from Phoenix who owns some defunct ECHL hockey teams.

11. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire