Israel vs. France [R], FIFA World Cup Qualifying Round, 30.03.2005

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by MHaifa1913, Feb 13, 2005.

1. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yakin

I hate Yakin, because of him I have a PSG shirt with his name and number on the back and he didn't end up joining the club.

2. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Re: Yakin

lol. :D What a waste. You would have been better off getting Ronaldinho's name or Heinze's or Dehu's or Fiorese's or..............:eek:

Meh. Funny thing is, the move worked out well for both clubs. We finished second, won the cup - Basel broke the unbeaten games Swiss record and had a perfect start to a league campaign.

3. yarok-ole!

yarok-ole! New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Israel really should have beaten France. I remember Grant said that he wanted to finish these 2 games with atleast 3 or 4 points and here we are with 2. We lost our chance to win our home games, now we really need to step it up. And like i read, someone else said that the Israeli players celebrated their equaliser like they won and the truth is they shouldn't have been that happy, they should have stayed focused and kept going to another one. Nimni sucks! i've always hated him and after the goal he missed i really despise him. Benayoun i was really disappointed in but i guess it is because of his injury. its too bad we didn't win. we really need to pray now....

4. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    I mentioned this in the French board:

How can France feel as if they're playing a man down when it was TREZEGUET who was red carded? We don't hear or see him unless he scores or if the ball is in the penalty area.

Sans defending set-pieces where his height and heading is used, Trezeguet being off the field should not affect our defense. Especially with THREE d-mids!

WTF?

My sister, the going to grad school psychologist, said it must have been: Psychological.

Also, Ben Haim who tackled Trez from behind. Let's also point out he tackled TREZEGUET, in the FRENCH HALF, from BEHIND.

WTF? again.

He doesn't dribble, his passes are sometimes wayward. What was Trezeguet's big threat? What was he doing? He was passing it even FURTHER BACK the French half!

*Then added today:

Oh look, Trez really is injured from the tackle, he's missing Juve's match v Fiorentina this weekend:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com...&channel=France

"It is upsetting, there is blood everywhere in my ankle," said Trezeguet. "It is hugely swollen.

"The defender just came to destroy me.

5. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    May I just say well done Israel to scrape a draw from the clutches of defeat twice, your team must have something about it. :)

6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Are you saying some french actually whine?