Israel vs. Eesti Vabariik (Estonia) [R], UEFA Euro 2008, Qualifying Round, 02.09.2006

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by keller4president, Apr 18, 2006.

1. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    [​IMG]

Katan and Colautti (above) will be key parts to the game. The talented ex-boca juniors Argentine/Israeli Colautti and the former West Ham player Yaniv Katan will lead Israel's attack along with West Ham United star and Israel captain Yossi Benayoun.

2. YossiFan

YossiFan New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    London
    I only got to see the second match between Haifa and Liverpool. But did anyone think Katan was awesome? It could be quite a partnership up front, especially with Yossi just behind!!

3. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Estonia vs Israel
    Where to watch the game?

Israel

Arutz 1 (Channel 11)

World

The Israeli Network (Check Cable/Sattelite Listings)

Internet

www.seeisrael.tv (recommended)
    www.watch-il.com

21:30 (09:30 pm) Israel Time
    14:30 (02:39 pm) New York Time (EST)
    11:30 (11:30 am) Los Angeles Time (PST)

4. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    England 0-0 Andorra
    1st minute

England open there Euro 2008 Campaign, lets hope andorra can pull up the greatest upset ever in football, the odds are 80 to 1.

5. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    England 1 Andorra 0
    7th minute

Peter Crouch........boy I'm excited for the game on wed, though i think andorra completed 2 passes in the first 7 minutes

6. YossiFan

YossiFan New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    London
    I've just finished watching the game. England won 5-0. I'm pleased, just hope Israel qualify along with England. Andorra were absolutely shockingly bad. Israel have NOTHING to fear. I mean, nothing. Andorra had one single passing movement in England's half, no chance of a shot, and didn't get within 45 yards of the England goal. England, to be fair, didn't even play their best - they were good - but Andorra never stood a chance. They like to foul and dive though. Crouch scored twice, Defoe scored twice and Gerrard netted once. I'm now going to try and get a website to work in England for the Israel vs. Estonia game.

Yay! I got a free trial for seeisrael.tv Now what channel is it on, please help me with the Hebrew, I'm only a very beginner.

7. BorzUSA

BorzUSA New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    New York
    Colautti goal 1-0 israel! 1H

Benayoun breakaway and roberto puts away the rebound in about the 6th

8. yonistar

yonistar New Member

Jan 31, 2006
    hey where i can see the match please???

9. BorzUSA

BorzUSA New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    New York
    Great sprawling save by Awate in the 21st minute keeps Israel up by a goal. Both teams with chances, decent end to end action.

10. BorzUSA

BorzUSA New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    New York
    I downloaded that seeisrael program thats on the game information post one page back... ill post pbp during the game for anyone that doesnt have it

11. BorzUSA

BorzUSA New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    New York
    24th minute Yellow Card on Badir in the midfield

Awate gives up a terrible rebound , and an Estonia player misses a wide open net, should be tied at 1

12. BorzUSA

BorzUSA New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    New York
    HT 1-0 Israel -
    Israel's midfield and defense have looked out of position all half and sloppy. Estonia has looked dangerous at time, they should have scored but for Awate on one play, and were unlucky on another. Benayoun looks dangerous but not seeing enough of the ball by any means.

13. HapoelFanNYC

HapoelFanNYC New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    israel
    our team isnt playing good at all so far. except for benayoun's shot and collauti's rebound there have been no real threats on the estonian goal while our defense let them get plenty so far...
    badir is terrible so far imo and he needs to be subbed at half time. yoav ziv shouldnt start and he showed that with many inaccurate weak passes and one terrible clearance which left an estonian player alone in front of awat who saved it for a corner kick... zandberg and idan tal need to wake up and so does katan - fast.

14. BorzUSA

BorzUSA New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    New York
    2nd half injury time, estonia throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Israel, couple nice saves by Awate

and Thats it - Israel win 1-0 FT. It was by no means a convincing win but 3 points on the road is nice. Andorra should be another 3, but if we want to play with the big boys of this group, our midfield and defense will have to find better form than this.

15. YossiFan

YossiFan New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    London
    First time I've seen Israel live. Excellent result, away in Estonia, performance was not quite so impressive, but I thought Benayoun showed moments of magic and Aouate was out of this world. I'm so relieved! Well done to Benayoun, Ben Haim, Aouate and Colautti who I was impressed with.

16. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    YEAH WE WON!!!

Ok where in the future can I be able to watch the Israeli games and the rest of the Euro Qualifiers?

17. rct2009

rct2009 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    NY/Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Israel vs. Eesti Vabariik (Estonia) [R], UEFA Euro 2008, Qualifying Round, 02.09.

oh yea it was a great game. Go israel!!!!!!!!!!. i think we can get 6 points now out of this week. way to start off.

18. Benayoun15

Benayoun15 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Boston, MA
    A miserable game but a positive result.....that's the only way to put this match into words from the Israeli perspective. The defense looked awful at times with Ziv and Afek playing like 10 year olds in the first half....they settled down some in the second half, limiting the Estonian opportunities. The midfield looked pretty awful at times, although Katan had some nice touches in the second half. Benayoun looked his usual dangerous self but simply did not get enough of the ball, but he at least had enough time to make the Estonians pay in the 7th minute. Colautti and Awat (apart from the missed catch that should've tied the game) were the only positive notes on the Israeli end, Colautti displaying fine form and Awat coming up with big saves. In the end, Israel should still walk away happy with the result but they have to know that in order to compete with the European powerhouses they need to display finer form.

19. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Estonia 0-1 Israel
    full-time

in these tricky away games, all im concerned about is the 3 points

our defence needs to play much better and idan tal, michael zandberg, and shimon gershon were terrible, walid badir and omri afek might be a canidates for this list as well

player ratings

aouate - 8
    afek - 4.5
    ben-haim - 6
    gershon - 4
    ziv - 5
    zandberg - 2.5
    tal - 4
    badir - 5
    benayoun - 6.5
    katan - 5.5
    colautti - 7

subs

ben shoshan - 5
    alberman - 5.5

i think alberman should replace badir..as a holding midfielder and tuam is a suitable replacement for zandberg if he keeps up his horrible play

hope everyone enjoyed the game;)

20. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Re: Israel vs. Eesti Vabariik (Estonia) [R], UEFA Euro 2008, Qualifying Round, 02.09.

tuama are u kidding me?? i say get dego or at least put afek there and put keinan in the right back!

21. Berkovic

Berkovic New Member

May 28, 2006
    Kfar-Saba, Israel
    We looked like sh*t, Zandberg still doesn't do anything positive in the NT, Idan Tal was horrible, and I still don't understand what made Kashtan think that Afek can play at right back. Saban should've played there, he proved himself in the World Cup Qualifiers and he plays at club that reached the final rounds of the UEFA cup last year.
    At least we finally have a decent striker, and our Eurpoean-based players (except for Idan Tal) were good. Benayoun was creative as usual, but he was marked very tight. Ben-Haim was solid at the back, and Aouate... well he proved he deserves his place ahead of Davidovitch.
    Hopefully it'll go better against Andorra.

22. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    what a odd game. I thought Dror was brought in to replace the defensive style of play that Grant had and turn it into a more offensive style. I saw hardly any attacks by our boys. after Benayoun made his usual stride into the box and took that quick shot which collautti completed into a goal, we just stopped. More control in the second but we still hardly had any attacks, Estonia attacked much more throughout the whole game. Awat did good, but we needed to push up the ball quicker and even though our passing was ok,,,,,our players played poorly. Happy to have the 3pts, next game will be tough against andorra since I heard it's in Netherlands(for our home game).

23. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada

how much israeli soccer do you watch?

tuama is much better than dego (a bench player on hapoel tel aviv)

and for the last time keinan doesnt play right back
    saban is the only replacement

24. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    Well I have to say that we're lucky to get away with 3 points. Estonia didn't look like a threatening team, but we gave them far too many chances and didn't create enough on our end.

Benayoun should've created more chances - it seemed to me that he was trying too hard to do it all himself.

Katan didn't play to his full potential.

Collautti, for a first game with the national team did great.

Our defense wasn't up to par either. We left too many Estonian defenders open too often.

Lets take the 3 pts. and hope they'll wake up against Andorra - I still think this Israel NT is the best NT we've had in a while.

By the way, I saw some fans in the stands who had Israeli flags and signs saying "Israel, you are in our hearts". I'd assume Israeli fans would hold the Israeli flags but those signs don't seem typical of Israeli fans - were those Estonian or other foreign fans holding those signs? If so - Lots of respect to those people - During these times I'd expect Palestinian or Lebanese flags, not those kind of signs.

25. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel so detached since the last football match in Israel that I was able to watch was the Liverpool match. Is Colautti not doing the cross on his body anymore? He used to do that at Maccabi Haifa and I was wondering if he still did that. From what everyone is saying it didn´t sound like a great match. I am just very happy to have three points from the first match. I hope the lads do not get complacent though before the Andorrans.