Israel Sesay Joining MLS

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Bonji, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    No word yet?

I would guess if RSL won, they'd keep him, as they're already thinking about next year. If LA won, they'd probably trade him quickly for something that can help them right now. (Dallas apparently needs to dump an SI to sign Denilson, maybe LA trades for one instead, and Dallas can keep him off the roster just like they did with Ibrahim.) Colorado's probably the most ambiguous. I think they're dead, but they probably wouldn't admit that yet.

2. notpele

notpele New Member

May 29, 2004
    Just found out, the Galaxy are the big winners. Let the conspiracy theories begin.

3. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Especially when they trade him and a pick for Carlos Ruiz.

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    As injured as the Gals are right now, Sesay could start the SuperLiga final at right back.

Wonder how much of the million bucks he'll get if they win and he doesn't play? ;)

5. AeroNaught

AeroNaught Member+

Atlanta United
    Feb 14, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So that means MLS will have to give each team 2 more DP slots next year?:rolleyes:

6. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hate to say I told you so BUT did anyone NOT see this coming?

7. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone did. Even before seeing your post (which i have read), i said on the RSL boards (where they were discussing the possibility of getting him) that they need not bother making plans for Sesay as it was obvious that the Galaxy were going to win the lottery. What a shocker.

8. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Nope, just the Galaxy! :)

9. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know there is a general feeling that the Galaxy have special rules and I'm trying to remember all the reasons why that is... can people help me out?

1) Donovan deal from san jose
    2) Caliguri from Columbus
    3) Luis Hernandez (losing Mathis in process right?)

Others?

10. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm enjoying all of the hate you guys are bringing, but I'm not sure what the big deal is. This guy fills absolutely zero of our needs right now, even if he was ready to play at MLS-level.

If Lalas and Yallop are really on their way out, I would look for them to trade Sesay to RSL for Eddie Pope for the rest of the season.

11. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, we supposedly got the league to embrace the DP rule so we could get Beckham (I'm sure the Red Bulls are really pissed about that - not only did they get two DP's, but they were able to draw 66,000 to see ours).

Everyone bitches about league rules being bent for everyone else.

- The league bends over for DC, that's how they got Adu
    - The league bends over for LA, that' how we got Beckham/Donovan
    - The league bends over for Chivas, that how they got all the extra SI's
    - The league bends over for New York because of . . . I forget, but everyone always says it.

12. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Israel won't get to experience the right half.

13. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The league supposedly bent over for us to get Stoichkov and Beasley. So that's almost half the league that they bend over to help.

14. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Still think it's criminal that MLS didn't cook those books to let the kid play for a team less than 3 miles from his house, but, on the other hand, it did provide some of the best unintentional comedy in the history of ESPNews, hands down.

The only thing left for Szetela to do that could have been more insulting to the Crew after making that "what just happened?" face, was to puke on the shirt as they handed it to him.

While watching that live I swore I could hear...somewhere...somehow....Keith Olberman going "....guh!....."

15. ccb1212

ccb1212 Member

Sep 5, 2006
    West Jordan,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now if the league would just bend over to help out RSL. That is the team that needs it the most.

16. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love all the post-lottery "conspiracy" talk when no one can provide a shred of evidence that anything shady is going on.

Well, except for a team with the second-best chance of winning getting their number picked. Wow. Call Ripley's!

17. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    I don't really think that RSL's problem is their players. RSL's problem starts from their idiot owner on down. It comes from the top and filters down with their stupid decisions. Kindo like "trickle down stupidity"..