Israel/Palestine in the News

Discussion in 'International News' started by yasik19, Apr 2, 2009.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Might as well have one thread that deal with all current news in that region.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090402/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

Lovely.

2. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    If you don't combine all the other threads into this one, then all you've done is add another.

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I can't do it myself, since I'm not a mod here. But hopefully those other threads have died off and we will use this one going forward.

4. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    This is the "another man's freedom fighter" all of the moral equivalence idiots refer to. What mental disorder causes people to take such a position?

Aside from Islam, of course.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no proof, but if I were to guess I would say this was a planned attack by hamas to further complicate any hope of a peace process from taking place. The masters of hamas from another country in the region are dead set against the 2 state solution and this is there way of working to prevent it from happening.

With the current Israeli govt. and with attacks like these, I predict that we are closer to an all out war in the region then we are to peace now. And sadly it may take an all out war for each side to realize the futility of it all and find a peace. I hope it doesn't come down to that, but maybe it will take the horrors of war to finally open eyes there all around that war isn't the answer. :(:(

6. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    maybe they shouldn't have been living in an illegal settlement.

7. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, because that justifies axing a 13 year old to death.

8. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    maybe they shouldn't have been living...

9. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    People snap. You oppress people, treat them like second-class citizens in their land, bomb their children to pieces, demean them, make them feel worthless, subject them to poverty and unlivable conditions. people facken snap, not justifying it, but this is bound to happen.

10. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    the father of the child who survived the attack is in prison for attempting to blow up an arab girls school. He belongs to a fanatical jewish group who make up a large portion of the illegal settlement. Other than the fact that the victims were kids, I do not feel sorry for these kind of people.

11. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Goes both ways, so don't cry me a river when IDF does what it does. Not justifying it, but it is bound to happen

Difference is that Jewish man is in prison, while this Palestinan will be treated as a hero and a freedom fighter in Gaza and WB, although he is a worhtless piece of crap.

And I definitely will not feel sorry one bit when IDF blows his brains out or those who praise and hail him as a hero.

12. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Palestinians just need to call anyone doing their dirty work the "IDF" as well, and that would take care of all the moral outrage!:rolleyes:

Kids should be left out of the fighting by both sides. Shame on both of them for not doing so, although more shame on Israel which has killed a lot more kids than the Palestinians.

13. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I guess Palestinian kids shouldn't be doing Hamas' dirty work by serving as human shields.

More shame on Arabs for hating Jews more than they love their children.

But you know what would fix all of this? A greater ME confederation under a watchful eye of the almighty Iran.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I'm so glad I started this thread. Now everyone knows how low some posters get in order to justify this murder. Those posters all beat around the bush and come up with excuses for this, yet not one condemned this act. Bunch of low-lives.

15. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    Same as people who justify what israel has done and is still doing. Gotta kill those terrorists right, no matter how many innocent lives go along with them.

16. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Let's examine the above statement, shall we:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1238562897736&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

now compare it to what A member of Hamas said:

Kind of sounds the same, no?

And I love the part about every mean to defend ourselves, like hacking to death a 13-year old girl with an axe.

Nah, let them throw the Jews into the sea, that would be a sensible solution.

17. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    This is good too: PA: Death penalty for those who sell land to Jews

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1238562884554&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

They are Jews after all, pigs and apes.

Not much of a history or religion buff...

Normal, of course.

18. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    Wow interesting way of calling me a terrorist, terrorist sympathizer, or something along those lines. I know this might make me more of a terrosrist in your eyes but the above statement by the Hamas member is correct. Israel is it's own worst enemy in that regard, fanatical settlers and the continued opression of Palestinians is going to lead to more incidents like these, and there will never be a two state solution.

19. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Never called you anything, but just interesting to see the thought process of some. Palestinians are the worst enemies of Palestinians when it comes to getting their own country. And no matter how much you want to justify it, one does not fight oppression by murdering a 13-yr old girl with an axe.

20. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    I never justified or attempted to justify this, what he did was barbaric. He should have gone after an Israeli soldier or politician if he was set on doing something like this. All I am saying is that these things are bound to happen given Israel's actions, and even more now with the election of that right-wing cook.

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    1. Two wrongs don't make it right. I'm glad though it makes you feel better about yourself to reason this act b/c some others justify Israel's actions. Way to take the moral high ground. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Who exactly are you talking about?

22. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Unlike with the election of Hamas...

23. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    I think that qualifies you as an optimist, trying to have a socratic dialog with the pieguy.

24. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1238562897298&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull
    "planted an explosives-packed cart in the eastern Jerusalem neighborhood of A-Tur in 2002, between Mokassed Hospital and an Arab girls elementary school across the street. ... The bomb was made up of two slabs of explosive material, two gas canisters, 100 liters of fuel and a large number of screws"
    There are terrorists on both sides, even, apparently, organic ones.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_Ayin
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/israel/etc/setton.html
    How did you come to meet the men who attempted the bombing?
    I visited them in prison. ... here comes a group of Jews, and wants to do to them the exact same thing, hurting innocents. I went on to say, "You're just like Hamas…" Finally, when Shlomi told me the story of planning to bomb the girls school, I said, "It's just like they do." And he said, "Yes. Just like them."

25. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Terrorist loving broadsheet the guardian on how Israeli troops targetted ambulance men/hospitals etc

The footage of the hospital shelled with white phosphorus really is shocking.

(sorry if repost)