Israel in Major Crisis:

Discussion in 'International News' started by Rostam, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    There is a great article in Mondays WSJ about the Labenon side-effect, and more imporantly about some ethical issues facing some of the leaders including the President Moshe Katzav. Here is a brief list of major issues;for further detail refer to WSJ Opinion page to the article by Fania Oz-Salzberger (Haifa Uni.Prof.):

1) 8 civil servents who worked for the President filing charges of sexual harassement including RAPE.:eek:

2) Opinion poll conducted by Haaretz on Sep. 21 gave Mr. Olmert only 22% approval rating, 68% unsatisfied.

3) The defense minister, Amir Peretz got 14% approval rating

4) Social injustice, economic gap is at its all time high

It's fair to assume major changes are the order of the day for them.

2. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Vote for Liberman!
    Olmert and Peretz suck - too soft, too stupid.
    However, the economy is doing well, from all the articles that I read...

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    yes, let's wipe it off the face of this planet. Oh, wait a minute, someone in Iran already came up with that plan. Shoot.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how Israel would fare if an earthquake hit there? Hey are they hanging gays from cranes in Israel? How many Rabbi's are getting arrested for suggesting a seperation of Church and State?

I think some should worry more about their homeland then about Israel.

5. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some good news for Bush and Rumsfeld. They actually are not the most unpopular head of state and head of the military in a democracy. I guess we'll have to stop the press run of "The Guiness Book of World Records".

6. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Its about time , Israelis need to stand up against this Zionist government which is currently in power , they have no respect for human life and other countries sovereignties .

7. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you say "Zionist government", what do you mean? What makes them "Zionist"?

8. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Israel is a real democracy. Its going to have major crises when wars go badly. Duh.
    Of course, its not really a major crisis, its a political crisis for the party in power.

9. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Joe Lieberman? And he's running for office in Israel?

10. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Avigador Liberman - that other Moldovan Jew...

11. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    Israel in Crisis?

HA!

Israeli's aren't happy with the Government, big deal. See...in Israel, the people can REPLACE the Government, although I understand that is a hard concept for some people to grasp...

It's really more like the Arabs are in crisis.....they drove a center Government out which will be replaced by a Lieberman/Netenyahu Government. Good luck with that one!

12. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    That they believe Jews should have a state, which apparently offends Aryan supremacist sensibilities.

13. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    there is nothing sensible about aryans

14. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Only 1 single red nipple for this guy?

15. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    This is a good quote from a writer named Neuburger :
    “If one is a good Jew, one cannot be a Zionist; if one is a Zionist, one cannot be a good Jew.”
    Zionism and Islamic extremism are both the cancer of the ME , most Israelis are not Zionist and the majority of them are good people but it’s the handful that control the government who are Zionist , their actions are parallel to the definition of Zionism, they keep building settlements and expanding Israel behind everyone’s back and then when they leave a settlement they tell the world so that the world wouldn’t recognize their Zionist nature.

16. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So to clarify, the current Israeli government is "Zionist" because they are buliding additional settlements in the so-called occupied territories?

You say they have no respect for other countries' sovreignty? How so? And if you answer "Lebanon", how would any other country react if a milita group / terrorist organization ran into their territory and kidnapped their soldiers, then fired rockets into the country?

How does Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza Strip fit into their "Zionist" approach?

17. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Its not the “so called” occupied territories , it is the occupied territories . And yes that’s why they are Zionist because they are expanding the Jewish state on lands which don’t belong to them.

They don’t have respect for any countries sovereignty . How many times have the Israelis crossed into Lebanon and capture Lebanese people? wouldn’t that be the same as Hezbullah going to Israel and kidnapping Israeli troops? There is a better way to respond to a few rocket attacks , it was Israel’s massive disproportionate response which lead to the escalation of rockets being fired into Israel. In 1998 , the Taliban in Afghanistan murdered Iranian diplomats at its embassy in Afghanistan , did Iran start dropping bombs the hell out of Afghanistan? My point is , these kind of things happen , you just need to come up with a better strategy , you shouldn’t rely on using force all the time
    Like I said when they leave a land we hear about it all over the news , but why don’t we ever hear about Israel building new settlements. Israel leaves one settlement and then builds 10 more but the world praises Israel because they left a settlement . Plus the Gaza strip was no use for Israel anymore , it was Israel’s ghetto .

18. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Sheer Lunacy and ignorance. Source please? Yes, once again we are asking you for a source for your ridiculous comments.

19. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Zionism - creation of the state of Israel in the ME, where it was started originally. What is wrong with that?

20. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    There are many Jews who don't subscribe to political Zionist mythology. There are anti-Zionist Jews who are secular, as well as anti-Zionist Jews who are religious. Whatever the correct percentages, the notion that political Zionism is accepted nearly universally by all Israeli Jews, much less by all Jews, is false.

21. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While you continue to talk out your ass, there seem to be even more iranians who are in favor of a seperation of church and state and those people are being arrested there.

22. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens

Your knowledge of history is part distorted and part made up.

23. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honest question. What are Israel's borders

24. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I love Iranian Monitor telling us about the Orthodox. As someone who went to ultra-Orthodox schools, I think I understand their mentalitiy a little better than IM and his quote-mining. Most of the ultra-Orthodox who "do not acknowledge the legitimacy of the modern Zionist state" want a theocratic state.

25. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Can you be more specific or are you just trying to be a smart ass like most of your posts .