Is uksoccershop legit?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by rnoori, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnoori

rnoori New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    I'm looking to buy an old Chelsea jersey with Gudjohnsen's name and number on the back, and the only major shop that I can find which has it is uksoccershop.com. Problem is, I remember reading something before on the BigSoccer forum about problems with the shop. Has anyone here eve bought anything from them? Have you had any troubles with them? Let me know, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow
    Yeah that was me who posted about a month ago.

They are legit alright, but really poor communications. I got one of my orders at the end. The other order didn't appear after a total of 6 weeks so I chased them, and they admitted the shirt never arrived from their supplier. They sent me a refund right away though.

The shop obviously realised that they had pissed off a lot of people. The changed their website layout. They also offered discounts to those who leave feedback for their products, but this never happened when I left them with a good feedback for my first order.

If you are prepared to wait for your item, and if uksoccershop is your last choice, then give it a try. They are not scammers, but they may hold on to your money until you chase them.

3. rnoori

rnoori New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Thanks AHCL20. I have encountered online retailers like what you're describing before. They are my last resort though, so I'm gonna have to bite the bullet. Thanks again for the detailed response!

4. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow
    No worries. If you need anymore info just PM me.

There used to be a website called reviewcentre which is a big website for reviews of all sorts. I had put up a link in my original post. Well, the site still exists, but uksoccershop has forced reviewcentre to remove all the negative posts, so now it has a 100% positive record (from <20% positive before). You just can't trust any of these review websites.

5. StangChang

StangChang New Member

Sep 29, 2006
    do you guys think the fevernova balls that they are selling are a good deal? iv been lookin for a good ball for a good price for awhile and these seem reasonable

6. gina dickason

gina dickason New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Hi, unfortunately I paid for a shirt for my ill Son who was in Canada undergoing investigations, I made payment 2nd November, so he would get his only present from Uk in time for xmas, guess what it never arrived and guess what again it still hasnt arrived now into March, I have emailed them asking where it is, asked for proof of sending, even asked for refund, yes you guessed it nothing, despite having three other children to take care of I am now seeking legal advice and taking legal action, it is the principal, if they can cheat a sick child they can certainly cheat you! Would completely avoid, give your money to charity rather than throw it down the drain, or allow someone to build up a nice amount of interest on your hard earned money.
    Not happy! you bet Im not

7. wxcblue

wxcblue Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Cardiff, Wales
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    have a look on subsidesports.com they're pretty good

InterFan76 repped this.
  8. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Glasgow
    Subside has a decent selection of shirts, but uksoccershop claims to have shirt printing for every item. I think that is what attracts a lot of customers.

The last time I ran into trouble, I got uksoccershop's attention by writing my problems on this forum and also on soccerpulse. It was the latter which got the owner's attention.

I am sorry to hear that they still have shambolic customer services. From my 'extensive' dealings with them, they are quite rude and very unreliable. I have basically unregistered myself from their mailing lists and will never again buy from them.

9. oconnor16

oconnor16 New Member

Mar 2, 2007
    Canada
    In January, I was looking for a LS Man United away shirt with Larsson 17 CL printing and patches. As you can probably figure out, there's ZERO places to buy this shirt (The Man United shop offered the LS away shirt with Premierleague printing, but they didn't have my size). I was reading through the back of my latest 442 and saw an ad for UKsoccershop. I checked it out and found they had the shirt I was looking for with CL printing and patch. I went ahead and ordered the shirt. I was on Soccerpulse later that night and found a thread blasting the site. I read horror stories about order problems, etc. As you can guess, I was extremely worried I had just wasted $150 Canadian (BTW they charge WAY TOO MUCH!). I received my shirt quite quickly, but what I got was not acceptable for the price I paid. The shirt itself was authentic, but the printing was very fake and the CL patch was not included. I inquired to them and they told me the printing was 100% authentic (a complete lie) and that they would send out another a couple CL patches by mail. I received the patches, but as I knew they would be, they were not the official Lextra patches, but poor-quality fakes. I will never buy from UKsoccershop again, and I suggest you do the same.

10. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i've ordered from this retailer as well.

yes, they are legit. but i would never buy from them again.

i ordered a beckham away shirt (2004 model), and it took over a month and a half to to receive the item.

granted i live in the U.S., but that was not acceptable.

when i emailed them to see what the status was, i wouldn't get a response until a week later. for a period of 3 weeks, the response was that the delay was due to the printing of the name and numbering.

even if it takes a week to ship from the uk to texas, it should not have taken 3 weeks to print the name and number.

anyways, i would not recommend this site.