Is This A Sign Of Things To Come?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by RHSOCCER23, Sep 18, 2006.

1. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    I wish Herc would have played more reserve games. He is a player that relies heavily on his own confidence. Another superb reserve year would have had him ready to produce for the big team...

3. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did so well last season. I don't know why he went downhill this season. He was fun to watch, lots of determination. Now, he is afraid to go forward and he falls a lot.

4. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish there was a highlight reel to watch.

I could use a little encouragement right now.

Topper

:D :D :D

5. Galaxysgirl

Galaxysgirl New Member

Apr 15, 2005
    Norwalk, CA
    Los Angeles - GK Steve Cronin, D Aaron Lopez, D Kyle Veris, D Andy O'Shay (Trevor Persons 72), D Mike Randolph (Lawrence Smalls 75), M Quavas Kirk (Dan Paladini 46), M Stefani Miglioranzi, M Michael Enfield (Emmanuel Bentil 75), M Josh Gardner (Jason Boyce 57), F Josh Hansen, F Herculez Gomez

Who are these players? Didn't we get rid of Paladini? So why's he playing on the reserves? Anyway, good job on the goals. Too bad it wasn't Sat. nite's score.

6. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA
    Teams figured out how to mark him ... he is extremely fast and has a cannon for a shot but he doesnt like contact. Fullbacks put a body on him and it throws him off his game. Herc's best asset is when he is able to run on to a through ball from the midfield, that is how he scores the majority of his goals. He is not a one v one type of forward and rarely if ever will beat a man with a move. He is a long ball/through ball type of player. But again, our service out of the midfield this season has been sub par at best all season.

7. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know that Lawrence Smalls played for UCI and now plays for Chivas and Galaxy Reserves and Aaron Lopez played for UCLA and was drafted by Chivas

8. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know that you could bring anybody to play in the reserves. It doesn't make any sense. Aren't reserves supposed to be team reserves?.

9. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What "reserves" do we have?

Our roster is decimated by injuries. Or ... was decimated.

THAT's why our reserves were able to play well yesterday: b/c we had real reserves instead of guest players. We had guys that can play in the A game and not skip a beat.

I agree w/ CSUFstewie: our midfield was so bad for so long that it really screwed up Herc.