Is this a joke???

Discussion in 'China' started by xfactor857, Apr 19, 2006.

1. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Are these punks trying to nab a piece of China's booming economy and also redefine the history of Chinese football by leading the nation to a medal on home soil?

2. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Is this a fücking joke???

you're right! crappy coaches only for china!

3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003

Exactly, why would they even want to touch Chinese football.

I can only see Milu taking the job. Maybe he wants to complete the Double: qualify for the nation's only World Cup appearance and medal at the hyped 2008 Olympics. He would then become a footballing god in China.

4. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

I think I'm missing the point...

Troussier is a superb coach, Sven isn't to bad himself and I haven't heard of Van Hanagem. They'd all be better than who Frank Farina who australia used to have...

5. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-

no, Troussier is a cock, he cannot manage a team to save himself, He would be big trouble. Troussier is a bastard who cost us a place in the quarter finals in 2002 and screwed over Kashima Antlers and tried to destroy Koji Nakata's career

6. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006

I would rather have Hinddick or Ottmar Hitzfeld to be our coach. Hinddick knows how to make a team play organized football which is what we chinese need the most. Look how he makes Korea to become so good in 2002. Ottmar is also very good in terms of discipline and playing tactics. But of course, Ottmar would never coach china. On the other hand, I think it is possible for Hinddick to come and coach us. He is a very good coach. So far, all of our coach suck. We have a not bad squad I think if we combine the world youth tournamnt squad with some current national members. I think we are pretty good. But unforunately, so far no coach has been able to integrate our players and make them play like a team.

7. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

hinddick?

8. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006

yes, what's wrong with that guy? he is such a good coach. He has shown many times he is a world class coach.

9. Xevor

Xevor New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Holland

Its Hiddink and not Hinddick, but there is no way that Hiddink would coach this olypmic team of China as Hiddink just signed a contract with the Russian Football Federation for 2 years with an option of another 2 years.

10. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

No I think the reason why Hiddink will never coach China is...

1. too much comparision to korea - at best China will match it - and thats very unlikely

2. chinese players lack the drive as the koreans - i remember the cctv 5 special they saw the koreans pre wc practice and saw the 50 meter dash - every korean ran hard to win the spot - same reporter went to chinas practice saw their 50 m dash after 2 runs all the players were covered in sweat and just gave up... although 2008 may be a bit different but I doubt it

3. Hes not one of those coaches who lives in a foreign country - he likes to go back to holland so he will prob stay in europe to be close to home

We need another dutch coach... play attacking football!!!!!!!

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

I completely disagree with every single one of these points (1 and 2 are completely without basis and 3, if he's willing to coach Korea which is even farther than China, he'll have no problem with it)...Hiddink would be a perfect fit for China, but he's an MNT coach, I highly doubt he'll be willing to stoop to the Olympic level which is an utterly meaningless competition.

While I don't like the idea of some corporation having a role in picking our next head coach, Bora, Sven, and Troussier would all be excellent choices who I'd be very happy with. Getting Hitzefld back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either...

12. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003

They're all viable/excellent options. My question is why would they (except for Milu) want to coach the Olympics team?

13. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

Yeah, that's exactly the point...Hitzfeld and Milu would more than likely do it, but thats about it...As for the Dutch guy, I don't know anything about him...The Olympics are not a competition anybody takes seriously and its going to be hard convincing a world famous coach to do this job...

14. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

With all due respect to China and the olympics in 2008, olympic football is pretty meaningless. Who can remember who won the gold medal last time or the time before that? I can't. I think China is trying hard to save face and make sure it puts in a decent olympic performance on the football field, but in reality, it is the world cup and the continental championships that matter.

15. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

troussier wasn't that bad but he made bad choice and really important moment. for Koji Nakata is true he shouldn't have to come for play in france and especially to marseille the city where nothing is stable. Troussier is the kind of coach who want only the money, is what happen with morroco, Nigeria... i think this guy shouldn't be coach for NT anymore

16. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

If hiddink takes over china all of the chinese media will expect him to do a miracle job to china as he did to korea. Korea won games because they had a big heart and they were very fit - i dont see neither in any chinese team...

and point 2 - chinese players do lack the drive... anyone who kept an eye on the chinese NT for the last few years knows that... just think back to 2002 Milu dropped Li Ming who was pretty much a bench warmer and useless during qualification but was slammed by the media because li ming was a veteran and they believed he deserved to sit on the bench in korea japan just because he was on the NT for a long time... in china there is this unwritten senority rule - respect your elders and etc... older players feel they should be automatic selections instead of working hard and competing for a spot.

Point 3 - if you read any of the announcement of him joining russia you wouldve read hes going to live in amsterdam. That shows he has no intention to live in a foreign country for long extended periods of time the way milu did.

Why would you think Hiddink would be a good fit for China? He took over in 2001 and wasnt even that popular until korea got 4th place in the wc.

Hes done nothing outside of leading psv to glory... his reins in Real Madrid Valencia Real Betis and Fenerbahce were all short lived. His international successes came with a very talented dutch team finishing 4th, korea 2002 which had a lot of help from "outside" factors, and recording a 0-1 loss and a 1-0 win in the playoffs with Australia.

17. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan

i agree. coaches are like a goldminer. it's easy for anyone to coach a team like japan where so many golds are already mined. just look how bad troussier boy was doing for other teams. he was extremely lucky to work for the great japan national team. on the other hand i agree that anyone who conducts any asian teams but japan and takes them to the world cup really shows how great he is. whatever their name is i really respect the coaches of ksa, korea, and iran.

18. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

19. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Well I know for sure Ottmar won't; when Germany gets eliminated and Klinsmann gets the axe, guess who comes to the rescue! :D

20. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000

Isn't our ex-youth coach Krutzun (sp?) in the running as well? I don't think a big name coach is necessarily what we need. Judging from our youth team performance, I think Krutzun is a pretty good coach. At the very least, he had the foresight and judgement to bring in a gem in Gao Lin.

21. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000

Welcome aboard athena.

I love Hiddink's brand of football -- 3-4-3, attack-minded, high pressure defense, dutch-style total football. It's no fluke that PSV were dominating the Eredivisie and almost knocked off AC Milan in the CL in the Semis.

But Hiddink has signed with Russia, and Hitzfeld doesn't have a good reason to come to China.

We need a coach with good track record. No more bullshit coaches like Arie Haan.

22. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006

you see we have: Du wei, 冯潇霆, Dong Fongzou, Sun Jihai, Shao Jaiyi, Zhao Haobin and couple of other pretty good players. I think individually, those players are as good as the counterparts of korea or japan. But they never be able to play together and integrate together by a coach. We need a coach that can bring us to play organized football and play as a team just like what korea did. I actually don't really care about the olympic, but I just want to see us quality again in 2010. And still those world youth squad are pretty young so I hope a coach like Hiddick can come. If not, I hope Sammer comes. That german coach is also pretty good.

23. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006

this is our line up against germany back in 2005 october:

Leilei Li
    Wei Du, Weifeng Li, Mingyi Ji
    Jihai Sun (83. Liang Wang), Tie Li, Yan Li, Xiang Sun (90. Bin Zheng)
    Jiayi Shao (59. Yang Cao), Zhi Zheng (80. Liang Xu)
    Hui Xie (46. Fangzhuo Dong, 90. Jie Zhou)

we only lost 1-0 germany which I think is pretty good. Also, if we replace some of those unhighlighted idiot with some players from the world youth squad I think we have a pretty strong line up at least able to match korea and japan. All we need is just a good coach. But ******** that, so far we haven't had one yet.

24. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

First part...no, these CHinese players are not as good as their Japanese and Korean counterparts. The results speak for themselves IMHO.

Second part... ******** NO TO MATTIAS SAMMER. I HATE TO USE CAPLOCKS, BUT FOR THIS CASE I MAKE THE EXCEPTION. HE IS THE WORST POSSIBLE COACH YOU CAN POSSIBLY HAVE. ASK ANY STUTTGART OR DORTMUND FAN, HE IS THE WORST, YOU DON'T WANT ANY PART OF HIM.

Thanks.

25. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Thats an abberration. Germany smashes China 2-0 or more 9 out of 10 times IMHO.

In my opinion, I think China is the sixth best nation is Asia...

1. Japan
    1a. Iran
    1b. Korea
    4. Australia
    5. Saudi Arabia
    6. China

I think that the gulf between Saudi and China though is very big.