Is the squad list out yet for the Andorra game?

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by nve2k, Nov 9, 2004.

1. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if van persie pans out, he will be a huge asset to the orange, although i am seeing him a lil more centralized than a winger and wider than a 2nd forward.

robben..............9
    .............................vpersie

.......................9...................robben
    ..........vpersie

could be awesome

edit:
    oh ya, welcome to the boards jimmy

2. nve2k

nve2k Member

Jun 19, 2004
    I'm dissappointed Melchiot and van Hooijdonk got the call but I guess they won't be starting. Unfortunately, both van der Meyde and Castelen do not deserve a call for Oranje at the moment. Van der Meyde hasn't been starting a lot fo games for Inter and hasn't improved a lot to be honest from last year.

Heard a guy scored a record breaking 60 yards + goal in the spanish league anyone got any footage :)

3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Isn't van Persie left footed? Won't that make it awkward for him to play on the right? He's always seen himself as a "10" type player, so I bet he wants to be centralized. Hasn't Kuijt been playing on the left? Isn't he right footed? (Hurts my above post about van Perise). So wouldn't he be more comfortable on the right anyway?

4. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    My revised Line-up

van der Sar

Mathijsen - - - Ooijer - - - van Bronckhorst

Cocu

Sneijder - - - Van Bommel - - - Landzaat

Kuyt - - - RVN - - - Robben

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Why doesn't Castelen deserve a call for Oranje? Considering that Van Basten has committed to the 4-3-3 we need right wingers, and Castelen definitely is one of the top right wingers we've got at the moment. More importantly he's the only decent right winger we've got that gets regular first team football.

I also think Melchiot can be very, very useful especially against sides that actually dare to come out and play attacking football against us. Against sides like Andorra we're better off with faster defenders who make more runs forward.

6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I think it'll be:

---------------Sar-------------

Melchiot---Ooijer-----Cocu-----Van Bronckhorst

Sneijder------Van Bommel------Davids or Van der Vaart

----Kuijt----------RvN--------Robben

7. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    That will be Davids for sure, since van der Vaart is injured

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Oh, I forgot about that you're right.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Goal: Edwin van der Sar, Maarten Stekelenburg.

Defence: Khalid Boulahrouz, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Phillip Cocu, Nigel de Jong, Joris Mathijsen, Mario Melchiot.

Midfield: Mark van Bommel, Edgar Davids, Denny Landzaat, Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Vaart.

Attack: Romeo Castelen, Pierre van Hooijdonk, Dirk Kuyt, Roy Makaay, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Arjen Robben

i want to see:

..................van der sar
    melchiot...boularhouz..mathijsen..vanB
    ......sneijder...van bommel...van galen
    ......kuijt..........ruud........robben

10. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I thought Davids was hurt as well.

11. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    No he recovered soon enough to be able to play tonight

edit: sorry then that 'no' should have been 'yes, but' :)

12. nve2k

nve2k Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Well, I didn't want Castelen included based on his horrible performance for the Dutch NT in the Finland game. I know he's been playing well for his club. Oh well, it seems Kuijt is gonna get the nod on the right tonight and I think it's well deserved.

Melchiot is a good player comming forward, but to me he is not a solid defender. De Jong or an in-form Heitinga should get the preference IMO.

13. nve2k

nve2k Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Sorry for the double post. If anyone outside of Holland wants to see the game, there's a free live stream of it on oranje.nl.

14. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    2-0 after 31

Cocu on 21, Robben (who else) on 31

15. ripmstr

ripmstr New Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Orlando Fl
    SoccerNet is saying RVN was subbed out at the 35minute for Makaay. I assume this is injury related, so does anybody know wtf is up?

16. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

looked like a nothing serious, maybe tweaked a thigh or groin

17. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    3-0 Final

OK result, not great. Still in 1st place with a game in hand on Romania. Too bad Macedonia gave up 2 late goals to the Czechs to lsoe 2-0. Would have been nice for them to take 2 pts from the CR.

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Re: 3-0 Final

You mean in 1st place for the first time!

It's an OK result, I agree. Would have been nice to get the goal difference up a bit more. Then again, it's difficult to score against a team with 11 men in the penalty box. I thought Melchiot played pretty well, as did Cocu. Robben was brilliant but also a bit selfish. And I don't think Landzaat and Van Galen were up for it.

To the Dutch posters: was I the only one who couldn't STAND the commentator on Nickelodeon last night? Did he say a single, positive thing? Good God, what a miserable git.

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

he was a bit crabby, wasn't he?

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

He couldn't even get excited about Robben's goal (which was great). Said something like 'oh well, if we're playing badly we've got to rely on moments of individual excellence'. He also kept going on an on about Andorra's disallowed goal while completely ignoring that hand ball which should have got us a penalty.

I never thought I'd say this but I prefer SBS6 commentators.

21. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden

Wow, I sure hope you don't really mean that.

22. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

They don't annoy me as much as that Nickelodeon bloke last night! I also hate the negativity of Wim Kieft. I always feel like smacking him in the face when I see him.

24. Jimmy32

Jimmy32 New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Amsterdam

To be honest, there wasn't much to be positive about last night, besides the fact they won. Oranje at the moment are not playing at the highest level, and it was a pretty bad game last night. You are right in that Wim Kieft sucks though. :D

25. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden

That's okay if you think that, I always just laugh about it and get back to watching the game but I can certainly understand he can be very annoying. But to say you prefer sbs commentators, I just hate they like to hear themself talk so much. I don't need to know some guy in Russia just started his car when I'm watching a soccermatch.