Is the 2006 Galaxy kit here yet?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Galactic_Nica, Jan 5, 2006.

1. gerth21

gerth21 New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Santa Ana, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personally like them I like that we are sticking to a theme with colors and design for a little while, It gives us a Identity. The thing I want to know is what is Hartman's keeper jersey going to look like? That would be the one I would want to buy.

2. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. But on the bright side, we get Landon et al. back sooner that way.

3. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Note the MLSnet article says these designs are locked on for two seasons.

4. kgzero

kgzero Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Los Angeles
    So do you guys suggest I buy from MLSgear or wait until LA store gets them?

I will be buying the white jerseys, but I would still like to know the differences between replica and authenic. I noticed that you can get a small for the authenic but medium is the smallest for the replicas.

What was the difference for the Nike ones?

5. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the store will get them the same day MLSnet gets them the store is a better shot. The site is notorious for messing up and delaying orders. Note its date for shipping these jerseys is "on or around..." Some posters on here have had years of problems with delays of six weeks to six months. I recently ordered some stuff and the Galaxy hooded sweatshirt was "backorder canceled," yet it's still up for sale on the site.

6. 100fuegos

100fuegos New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    The only reason I would buy from Mlsnet is to get it customise. But they do really suck. If you want to customise it it will take even longer for them to ship.

I had placed an order for las years jersey when it first came out and also order a hat and it took them 2 month just to send me the hat after I had cancelled the order. They told me that the jersey was on backorder and did not have a date of shipment.

I will buy them directly from the store. Another source could be Worldsoccershop.com. They are really good. But I do not see alot of MLS gear on that site.

Well I love the new pics of the jersey, I was worried when I saw the canary yellow on the superdraft pics.

7. The Manwich

The Manwich Member

Sep 28, 2004
    South Gate
    They do coustomise jerseys at the Home Depot Center too. Its the stadium store by the North East enterance. I got both of my jerseys done there.

8. LuvKeane

LuvKeane New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Section 138
    Same here. I bought the last away from there and paid for it when I actually entered the stadium and picked it up at HT.

9. 100fuegos

100fuegos New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Nice, thanx for the tip. How much extra did you pay?

10. The Manwich

The Manwich Member

Sep 28, 2004
    South Gate
    I believe it was 25 dollars, dont remember. It came with MLS 10 Season Patch, Name, Number, Bud Sponser Patches on Sleeve and back of jersey.

It done within 10 minutes.

11. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    $20 gets you a name on the back and a number

$25 gets a name, number, Bud patches, MLS 10 patch (which would be replaced this year with who knows what, maybe the scudetto)

12. kgzero

kgzero Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I guess I will wait until the store gets it. So anyone have an inside man working for the store. I would really like to buy it before our first game and avoid crowds. Oh, and thanks guys for the info!

13. kgzero

kgzero Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Esco, buddy, could you let us know when they are there. We could make it some kind of party with all of us there buying up the jerseys. ;)

14. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I most certainly will, I know the jerseys have arrived in Los Angeles. There have been reported sightings on the Channel 22 sports report [the sports broadcaster was holding one], and someone here on the boards has already won a new G's jersey.

I'm hoping some sports store out thier will be putting them on sale before the "relaease date", until then stay posted..........

15. kgzero

kgzero Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Thanks Esco, I, and everyone else here, appreciates it.

16. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So does anyone know what the hell these are? Being sold by Eurosport as our away kits. :confused:
    [​IMG]

17. UVA-United

UVA-United New Member

Apr 10, 2005
  18. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.

I kinda like that one.

Thread closed.

19. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who gave you the power of the gods? ...Oh yeah Supermods.

20. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That jersey looks like a fried egg. Yellow in the middle and white all round it.

21. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Or until adidas changes their minds.

For the first time since the league began, all adidas jerseys have been replaced. KC, Columbus, and DC - the three original adidas clubs - had been replacing one jersey per year since 1997.

My guess is that there will be at least one exception. As Colorado "rebrands" back to green with the opening of their stadium next year, I would expect that their home "inter" jersey to be replaced. It should be noted that their "away" jersey has already transitioned with green/black trim to the white jersey - no blue.

As to the fried egg, I'm guessing it's a pre-production version that accidently got sent to a retailer so they could start producing catalog images.

22. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

I didn't know that, good for them that they go back to green, I only wonder, weren't the seats for Colorado's stadium going to be blue?

23. kgzero

kgzero Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Did you guys noticed that the Jerseys worn by the players last night in the Korea game had two stars and the scudetto?! SWEET!!!!

24. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I liked it! The one star and scudetto was confusing. This is much better; guess I'll have to get one.

25. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    So this was the manufacturing error that was talked about for the superdraft jersey unveilings. I had heard there was a problem with the galaxy away jersey (from Andy Mead I believe) and that there would constitute quite an error.