Is Saragosa leaving?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Beppe, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Beppe

Beppe BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 29, 2004
    Milano
    Somebody mentioned Sampson is looking to replace Saragosa? Why would he do that? Somebody please explain.

2. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    source please?

3. Evo3racer

Evo3racer New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Long Beach

SARAGOSA is already gone he went to Chivas USA where have u been? :confused:

4. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    living in the real world :) torres went to chivas. saragosa is still with the galaxy.

5. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

He is looking for a replacement for Saragosa because Saragosa is only on loan from Galaxy's partner team Sao Paulo of Brazil.

And at anytime SP can recall him and the Galaxy would be left without a great defensive midfielder.
    Simply put he is acting now rather than later.

The interesting thing is this might mean Sampson has no interest in keeping Vagenas, who isn't an offensive midfielder but rather a defensive midfielder who ended up losing that role to Saragosa.

Just hope if he goes (although I wouldn't prefer it) Victorine goes with him.

6. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Solution to this is to bite the bullet and buy the contract for the 1.5 million Sao Paulo wants. I think he is worth it. He is young, he is talented, and he is a proven on the field success for the Galaxy. If we could cough up the 4 million it cost to get El Blondo then we could find this somewhere if we wanted to badly enough.

7. churchill2000

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I would argue that LA management has not done what you suggested, for the same reason, so far, Sao Paulo hasn't recalled him, he has only one good season under his belt.

However if he stays next season, and has another great performance, I am pretty sure we will see some movement.

8. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    When you're gonna correct someone...at least do it right...

9. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I hope Saragosa doesn't leave. He was one of the few constants for the team last year. Everybody seemed to agree about that, and now he's going to get the shaft? If it's a money issue and the G's would rather spend that on somebody else, fine, but if it's a question of whether Saragosa belongs on the team, well, that shouldn't be an issue.

10. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your point is very well taken. Now to open this up a little further in support of my earlier statement, one of two things could happen if LA management waits (assuming we get him back next season and his performance is consistant with the level of play we saw this year).

1. Sao Paulo recalls him and decides not to sell.

or

2. The asking price increases.......and you can be sure it will if he does well again next season.

You know as well as I do that with younger players, the transfer market is all about taking risks. The heart of the issue is whether or not he is considered a worth while risk to take at the price they are asking.

11. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    again, can someone provide a source for this news regarding Saragoza being replaced?

12. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    The source was his brain.

13. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Someone in the “rumors” thread reported hearing Sampson on the radio saying that he was looking for a replacement for Saragosa. While I think that Saragosa is a great player (for MLS) this makes a lot of sense. As far as I know, we don’t have an allocation to pay the $1.5 million asking price (if that is indeed the price). We would have to trade someone pretty good to get that allocation. Even if we did have an allocation, I would rather we use it to get a good attacking midfielder or even better an attacking left wing mid.

Ideally, we can extend the negotations and keep Saragosa here another year on loan.

14. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    My Christmas wish [R]

Are you there God? It's me, Carlos.

I don't believe in Santa, hence the [R] in my title. (I don't want to get yellow-carded by the mods for having offended the children in this forum.) But for Christmas I really, really want the LA Galaxy to return their Official Chat Boards. Even more than I want Hamilton out as GM. Even more than I want Peter Wilt brought in. Even more than I want David Beckham to bend one in (for the LAG, of course) during the MLS Cup in Dallas next year. Even more than I want a new pony for El Pescadito, so that he can be happy.

Please?! Pretty Please!!

Hearts,
    carlos of the ucla kind

15. Boricua

Boricua New Member

Jul 5, 2001
    Reseda, CA
    Why pay $1.5m for one guy when we you get 4 or 5 guys down south for that price!

Maybe from does 4 or 5, one can be a good replaecement for Saragoza.

16. Snapshotgalaxian

Snapshotgalaxian New Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Orange, CA
    I asked Saragosa if he's staying and all he could do is shrug his shoulders. I don't want him to leave either. Its just up in air depending on Steve's trip, negotiations, etc. Hope he stays.

UCLA Carlos I agree with you on the Galaxy boards. I miss them and "talking" to some of our regulars. But expecting coal in my stockings instead.

17. subsnerd

subsnerd New Member

Sep 21, 2003
    honolulu
    Why not give Grabavoy a shot?

18. churchill2000

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    First off Ned is an offensive midfielder, and Marcelo is a defensive midfielder.

Sampson is shopping for players that will contribute to his formation, and maybe Grabavoy, to him, can't do that.

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word is, SJ Quakes want Ned.

20. SoulflyTribeFC

Mar 24, 2002
    Wouldn't that be something? Watching Grabavoy feed Ching for a GW goal against the Galaxy. A couple of ex-Gs coming back to haunt us.

21. fillmorejive

fillmorejive New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    LA

Oh, you mean...Waibel stops an attack, passes to Mullan who takes it up the flank, centers to Grabby, who slips a through ball to Ching? ;)

22. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was right with you there up until you said, "Waibel stops an attack"...

23. fillmorejive

fillmorejive New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    LA
    I know, sorry...."think before I post, think before I post...."

24. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    if that's even remotely true, the only thing that will turn me around on sampson being anything other than a complete hack, is an mls cup, supporters shield and open cup. that'll get him a clean slate for 06.

i just can't believe we're talkin about losing two of our best players from last season (not to mention youngsters). even if it is just speculation it's crap. ned and gallo are the types of players you build teams around. screw carlos, ned is so damn good he got vagneas to score!

25. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Uh... the level of discourse was beyond juvenile over there and it's creeping in here at BS. I was being sarcastic.