Is Reyes suffering from cold feet...

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by martymarts, Nov 29, 2004.

1. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    ...literally! What's the weather like back in blightey boys? I wonder if JAR's current form might be affected by an English winter, compared to the temperate bliss of Seville?

Interestingly enough a few years back we consistantly seemed to have a drop in form between Mid-October and Mid-February and I always wondered if this was because of the number of players on the team who were from warmer Climes, or used to plying their trade in them! Over the last couple of seasons this dip hasn't been so obvious and I figured that they'd all just gotten used to the weather! Perhaps we won't see the best of Reyes again until the Dafodils are in bloom?

2. W26 D12 L0

W26 D12 L0 New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Miami
    Reyes needs rest (along with about half of our team). Reyes is still adapting to the premiership and it doesn't help picking up knocks in the past few games and still having to play all the time.

Wenger needs to rest some players...i'm suprised he didn't rest people during the games against bottom of th table teams.

I do think the cold does effect some players though

Is anyone else alarmed by the fact that half the team is already wearing gloves during the matches!

3. JCGooner

JCGooner New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    i hate to admit it but Ryes has'nt been the same since Neville kicked the **** out of him at OT. It seems like he has been intimidated ever since, he needs to know that physical play is part and parcel of the Premiership. I agree with you on the golves, it's not Lambeau Field, it rarley gets below 40-45 degrees in a UK winter!!!!!!

4. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But....as someone already mentioned.....wasn't Reyes the most fouled player in the Spanish league? It seems like he would be used to getting kicked all match.

5. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    In London maybe, but, up north the 30's and 40's are common. Not that either is much consolation if your used to wintering in the 50's, 60's and low 70's?

If you look at how quick he hits the deck, it would appear that Spanish refs must permanently have a whistles in their mouths!