Is Reyes 100%?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by krause9, Dec 2, 2004.

1. krause9

krause9 New Member

Mar 6, 2003
    I watched the Liverpool game last night and he does not look like anything like he did at the beginning of the season.

2. JCGooner

JCGooner New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    He has'nt been the same since the united game - hate to admit but he's looked intimidated ever since, certainly does'nt look like a 17 mil. player - he and Pires (and maybe Vieira) are shockingly out of form. I don't think it's an injury though.

3. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    They said he was still recovering from some injury. Also, when he and Pires are out together they seemed lost. It just seems like the two of them don't play well together.

4. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
  5. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Zani, thank you for once again coming to the Arsenal forum and contributing absolutly nothing, we know we're "sore losers" because that's what everyone else tells us, you don't have to keep reminding us. :)

6. mis-e-one

mis-e-one New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Bedfordshire

Players come in and out of form; that's life. He's not Superman! :)

Since he's out of form, maybe Bergkamp should play behind Henry and Pires should play on the left wing.

7. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Hey! it isn't about sore losers. The league is still young. This is about Wenger making excuses and baby sitting players.
    How can he talk about fatigue in December? How many more months left in the season? And it is only gonna get harder.

Actually this was the point:
    http://www.itv-football.co.uk/Featu...ry_135727.shtml
    "Credit to Freddie Ljungberg who told it as it is, and that is, his teammates woefully lacked fight. But no such candour nor grace from the likes of Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira and Arsene Wenger I'm afraid."

8. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    why would a plastic fan like yerself care??? enough so to post here.. oh thats right, cuz once again, you get a free pass from mods...
    i'm amazed your allowed to post on the chavski forum~

9. krause9

krause9 New Member

Mar 6, 2003
    I think we have seen the best from Bobby - time to ship him up to WHL

10. krause9

krause9 New Member

Mar 6, 2003
    He is a plastic Chelsea fan - ask him who Roy Wegerle is.

11. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Phishy they allow me to post here because I don't have a foul mouth like yours.
    Your mouth is the reason why you have more cards than Vieira.
    You need to rinse that mouth with a pure clorox with bleach every night before Arsenal game.

12. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    thats a hardcore 3rd grade diss man

13. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC

Yeah, Triple-dog-dare him, Zani!!!

Take that back to the playground, jabroni.

Long live the phoul mouth of phishy.

GP

14. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What I want to know is how on Earth does Zani have 2 green squares for reputation? That means I'm on the same level as him......please lord give me strength not to poison myself!!! What gives?

15. Arsenal_pwns_all

Arsenal_pwns_all New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Anyway, back to the topic the fire Reyes had at the start of the season is gone and he seems unmotivated and lost. His passing has been very sloopy, his goalscoring threat has gone to virtually zero and he doesn't seem like a player I will be proud to have in Arsenal. I don't know what's the problem with him: whether he is injured, mentally burnt out after the Man U match or has simply lost his motivation to play for Arsenal, but this has to stop.
    And another issue: I really don't understand why Wenger insist on playing him as a striker, because from what I see he is not like Henry and he is most effective as a midfield. I think we perform the worst when he's playing as a striker; he lacks the shooting skills and power to be a really good striker. Maybe it's time for Van Persie to step in and start a few games?

16. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    To be fair, Reyes looked ridiculously good as a striker during pre-season. Incidentally when not paired with Henry.

But i agree, Reyes has played his best football this season out on the wing. I think he should moved back there to get more involved in play. He's been a passenger far too often of late. I must say i'm a becoming a big fan of van Persie, everything i've seen of him says to me that he should be playing up-front with Henry. In the last match against Liverpool he linked up better in his 20min spell than Reyes and Henry have done in recent memory. He's the perfect foil, his passing, the vision & the aggression to be a great partner for Henry. It is blindingly obvious to me what our forward line should be.

17. tmaker

tmaker Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Seattle
    And he can head the f$#@ing ball goalwards, at least.

18. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm-seems to me that Henry is getting better at heading the ball (wow that sounds nasty) lately-at least 2 goals (maybe 3? 2 in the Prem and 1 in CL?) this season are from headers. And to quote Henry quoting Reyes-"the head is for thinking"....
    Not that I agree but this is Reyes' philosophy.

19. Trigger

Trigger New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    al'right dave ?
    I think Arse is moving him around too much, Reyes would benefit more from being in one set position. I prefer he set one position for him and then rest him when he has to and if Pires has a miss more games then that's okay, he's not really been himself so far, Bergy ? well lets let him float behind the two, both Herny and Reyes will drift but changing from game to game is clearly affecting Jose's performances.