Is regular FoxSportsWorld showing any Man Utd games live?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by xfactor857, Oct 27, 2004.

1. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    It seems most, if not all, of games this year has been on FSW PPV or Close-circuited TV.

2. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FSW will show any 7:30 or 12:00 (Eastern) Saturday kickoff live, and most likely any midweek Man U game live as well.

Games at 10:00 Saturday or 11:00 Sunday are on PPV and closed circuit.

3. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Oh yeah? On what authority do you have that info? I know I've paid the $19.95 for a Saturday 7:30AM Man Utd match because it wasn't on FSW...

4. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, yeah. Exactly. On what authority do I have that info? Check the FSW schedule for every EPL Saturday this season starting in August up to however long they go out. Tell me how many 7:30 games have aired on FSW, and how many have aired on PPV. If you want to save time the answers are all and none respectively.

Maybe this happened in past years, but not this year.

5. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the match two weeks ago vs Birmingham at 7:30 am et/6:30am ct was on FSW. There have been a couple this season that have been on FSW.

6. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think United have been televised more than last year, just less than two years ago...when...err...the 6:30am game might as well be called "The Manchester United show." Part of that was the incredible run that allowed United to catch up with Arsenal, but they were televising United every week before that happened.

*shrug* - not really in FSW's control.

7. king_saladin

king_saladin New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    MI, USA
    According to my cable guide, this weekend's Manchester United game will be on FSW Saturday

How is that? I don't understand, since the rest of the world gets to watch the games without payperview.

8. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Your cable guide really says that? Because FoxSportsWorld has the match listed under "Soccer on PPV/CCTV."

9. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I was under the impression that FSW has a limited package. They always get certain game "slots," but don't actually get to pick which teams play. I would guess Sky would determine that.

You could always email them...

10. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes and no. Yes, they (well their parent company) made the decision to give the 10:00 Saturday and 11:00 Sunday to PPV. So in that sense it was. Given that, they don't control scheduling. I'm not sure how much choice they have in showing the delayed Saturday game, if they can choose whichever game they want or if they have to take what's given to them.

11. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Interesting decision they made - it certainly paid off for the MU:Arse PPV. Oh well, I suppose Arse and Chelsea fans can look forward to the same as their bandwagons grow.

If FSW keeps showing me the bottom and mid-table teams matchups only, forget it... I don't care how soccer-starved I get, watching Norwich:Citeh will never be attractive.

12. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
  13. gooner_913

gooner_913 New Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Atlanta, Georgia
    fsw shows the live sky games during the 10am/11am time slot on sat/sun. that is part of the contract they have w/ the epl to show games in the us. arsenal, chelsea, manu are going to feature in that time slot, therefore a lot of the games will be ppv or sattelite in the pubs.
    that has to do w/ fsw putting up a lot of money for the fa cup and england internationals. to recoup this money they farmed out the live main sky matches on sat/sun to...Setanta who are a ppv company, thus the fee at the pubs for the matches.
    plenty of games have been shown in the 7:30 slot-arsenal v bolton, chelsea v. villa (?) are a couple I can remember from this season. Unless Arsenal are playing, I don't get out of bed for them, my choice.
    the live 12.00pm match is a new one this season, I think.

14. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Looks like we are again screwed by FSW's programming decisions for the wonderful destruction of Siddy this weekend...

Haven - I think we're seeing less of United this season than we have since before FSW came around lol. We just can't get a game on the TV!

15. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    If I am not mistaken, the Manchester United - Fulham match is gonna be on FSW on Monday, Dec 13th. I would assume there is at least one more on FSW before then, but I know the Fulham match is on TV that day for free.

16. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I just got the soccertv update and the Manchester United - Charlton game on the 20th of November is on at 6:30AM CST Live on FSW.

17. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Our one game per six weeks, I guess...

18. krause9

krause9 New Member

Mar 6, 2003
    Wait till after FEB 1
    ARS vs MAN U
    This game will be on FSW

19. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Good to know - thanks :)

20. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    hip hip hooray...hip hip hooray...

21. soccerphan

soccerphan New Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Philadelphia, USA
    How does one go about ordering the PPV games? I was unaware of them until I read this thread. I looked on FSW's website and sure enough, there are two games each weekend listed as PPV/CCT (in addition to the usual 2 or 3 on Sat).

Any COmcast subscribers out there? If so, can we get the games? Do I just call Comcast when the game starts and order it? any info would be appreciated. If not, I'll call Comcast this weekend and see what the deal is