is Portugal better off woth a portugeuse coach or a coach from a dofferent country/

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Fender playa, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    I think portugal needs a coach that establishes disipline nows how to utalise players and gets on the players good side. hence.............Somebody note like Antonio Oliveira! Damn it, just saying his name makes me F***EN mad :mad:

2. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    The coach should also no about tactics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course :d

3. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    The nationality of the coach matters little, unless you believe than any coach with a Portuguese heritage is somehow to close to the "system" that he will not be able to get as much out of the team as possible. I don't believe this is the case. Just because you bring in a foreign coach does not guarantee success.

If by foreign, you mean foreign in tactics, motivation and player selection, then I am all for it. For now, though, it looks like Agostinho Oliveira is going to have every opporuntity to win this job. On paper, I don't think this makes a lot of people happy, but let's see what the guy does. He has promsied to make changes. Will they be the right ones, though?

4. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I think it should be a foreign coach, or atleast someone who knows what their doing.

5. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    Welcome to Bigsoccer :). The more Benfica the better!!!!!!!!

I agree with you whole heartidly!!

6. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    I would take Jaime Pacheco in a heartbeat. I think he has proven "that he knows what he is doing", and he seems to do things his way.