is MLSnet TV schedule worth having?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Dr. Foosball™, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Direct Kick does me not a bit of good. I have to have the MLStv package.

right, they don't show the ESPN2 games, but I'd still pay a lot more than 20 dollars. it's my only hope to watch MLS.

2. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From my count there would be 13 games not nationally televised. That's only $1.54 a game at $20 for the season by my math (but I'm a history major ;) ) Not to shabby for the best show on turf....in MLS.

3. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey, I majored in history too.

4. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know if there is any chance they'll increase the bandwidth this year? That would make for a much better production with a much sharper image. Even USL teams have higher bandwidth than MLSlivetv.:cool:

5. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard it is up to the Colorado FO to release the MLSlive info, so we should be getting a new clue every other day and know something by september :)

6. jyafink

jyafink New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    I called MLS.tv and they will have the same package this year (they weren’t sure if the price would be the same). It was $19.99 last year. I was disappointed last year because only about two out of three games were available. They said it was because a lot of games were not being broadcast by any source. Since all games are being shown this year, they said to expect at least 90% of them to be available. The bad news is the streaming rate will be the same as last year (350k). It’s a good picture if you like watching a small square. If you have a good computer monitor it’s still tolerable if you expand to the whole screen (mine is 17”), especially after a few beers. The only reason I subscribed is because someone erroneously told me Direct Kick was not available through Time Warner and I never pursued it further. Unless you are really poor, paying for Direct Kick is a much better deal. I only called MLS.tv this year because I too was hoping the bitrate would be better. I’ve seen 700k streams which are really good. If MLS.tv offered 700k for $19.99 then that’s the only way it would be a better deal then Direct Kick.

7. fennsk

fennsk New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    With the expanded national TV coverage, that would really suck. And I'm sure the price will go up, too.

8. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, i will probably get it reguardless because i'm a broke college student and dont even have regular cable (and it is hard to find a bar in arkansas that is willing to turn on a soccer match :mad: ), but i think they will put out a mlstv schedule when the season starts, right?

9. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would pay twice is much for a better feed (eg 700k).

10. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not too bad when you expand it to full screen and then sit on a couch across the room. :p

The bitrate really should be higher, it used to be higher when it was offered for free.

11. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why can't they increase the streaming rate? They've had quite a while to work on it!

Oh, boy!

:mad:

12. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    well keep in mind that I think it's actually MLB running the service, not MLS.

also, ugh... I'd never get the streams to work if they upped the bandwidth... my campus network has enough trouble playing 350k.

13. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel your pain about campus networks, but I still think it is way past time they up the quality.

14. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is that why when you tune in early it's always showing like some obscure college baseball game?

15. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is this going to exist this season?

17. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Ah, those were the good ole days. I actually bought a daybed for my computer room for just that reason. Direct Kick is still a great deal, though. And FSC is now picking up HDNet's HD slack, thank God.