Is MISL doomed due to the expansion of USL and MLS?

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by REALfootballRulez, Aug 28, 2007.

1. CougarsMartin

CougarsMartin New Member

May 18, 2007
    Stockton, CA
    If any type of soccer has a chance to make it in the US it has to be Indoor.

2 simple reasons.
    First: One main reasons anti-soccer guys bring up is how slow and low scoring it is. Now that's true for outdoors but by far NOT for indoors. It's like hockey on turf. Just more exciting and more skills involved, while in hockey 90% of the scores are pure luck.

Why boring a%% baseball and golf have such a following, beats me though.

Secondly: It is much easier to create a financially successful indoor team than an outdoors team. It is much cheaper overall and with some good local marketing and branding a lot of teams will be able to sustain themselves.

The success of the MISL ultimately lies in the hands of the individual owners. They are the ones who ultimately make or break a team with their actions and activities.

JMHO
    Martin

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as there is a MLS and the best players play outdoors you are not going to get the general public to support indoor. Yes us die hard fans will be there but there isn't enough of us.

3. olderandwiser

olderandwiser New Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Milwaukee tried to do that a couple of years ago. There are a couple of problems. One was the overlap of training and game schedules and off-the-field responsibilities. Another was that there seem to be a limited number of players capable of making the transition successfully - Greg Howes and Chad Dombrowski come to mind in the successful category. I'm sure there are a handful of others, but not a necessary plethora. Adjusting to the year-round schedule and being successful on both fields is a difficult task. (Different games, different training.) I think that's already been documented. For summer camps to be successful (and summer camps are how the Milwaukee Wave stay afloat financially), you need a high-profile group of pro players. It's a big attraction to the kids and parents. You run 50-60 camps a summer, you need a big piece of your roster. I don't think anyone would have the numbers necessary to do everything successfully.

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Law of physics . Two bodies cann't occupy the same space at the same time, and one body cann't be in two different spaces at the same time. :)

5. Title Wave

Title Wave New Member

Nov 20, 2004
    No Not really for it is too diferent games and there really isn't much cross over in fans.

6. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    The USL-1 is barely holding on. They are losing teams and many of their teams are poorly operated. I think MISL can a better chance of making it now, Hell the AISL has a better chance than the USL-1.