Is it time for this yet?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Z010 Union, Aug 27, 2002.

1. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Those who say that Bags on Heads is terribly unfashionable, gauche, passee...well you are correct. You obviously have struck the vainglorious chord in me. I WILL be original. If we as spectators of DC United are nothing, we are clever.

So, how about a huge sign: PAPER or PLASTIC?

Tim

2. detter7

detter7 New Member

Jun 14, 2000
    PA
    Oh, I like that.

Da plane! Da plane! Ah, the memories.

3. dcuinvermont

dcuinvermont Member

Sep 8, 2000
    Burlington VT
    I don't want to be a patient for another year! I want to be well again! Ugh, I'm so sick of these performances.

4. Soccer-Six-Shooter

Soccer-Six-Shooter New Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    Lets all do it. Place paper bags over our heads. It would be funny. You can still be a fan and mock your team. Whats the big deal? People over analyzed too much. The DCU staff should have a paper bag night and pass out 5, 000 bags to the first 5,000 fans. So what if its in bad taste.

5. BroonAleMagpie

BroonAleMagpie New Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    I don't think this year is bagworthy. *Last* year, last year and the one before it were bagworthy.

And as far as fairweather fans go... if you put a bag over your head and stay at home to watch baseball when United is playing, *then* your determination is questionable. People who know the performance will be awful (Revs fans for the last how many years? DC fans in 2001?) but who still show up and cheer, are genyooine fans, whether they have bags on their heads or not.

And if it comes to bags at some point in the future and we want to be more original, why not adopt the style used by the antiShah demonstrators in the 70s, nice stiff card, big enough to cover the face, with a few holes for eyes, nose, mouth. They could even be decorated :) A preschool project for all the little preEagles...

6. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great job thinking of the youngins.

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    All this made me think, what would happen if one were to wear a bag at La Bonbonera in Buenos Aires, or El Maracana in Rio or Old Trafford in Manchester? [shudder]......:eek:

8. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Again, it's not about whether the team is "bagworthy," it is about creativity! Any old fan can run out an put a bag on their head and claim disappointment. What about wearing mock bark-a-loungers to simulate the lazy play on the pitch? Or perhaps bringing in a large sign painted like a barn with the slogan - Do you think you could hit this? Maybe wearing mini-goals on our heads to suggest that "all we are saying is give us a goal"? I'll leave the bags to other teams...

9. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How aout the simple "Will Cheer For Goal"?

10. saroccer

saroccer New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Atl/Kabul
    aaah, my very favorite.

11. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about a promotion with some of the ladies THamlin encountered on his ramble the wrong way around RFK. We could bring those ladies in wearing bikini tops and chastity belts carrying signs that say "Even the fistful of fifties has stopped working"