Is it me or is Brazil's women playing like the men?

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by charlieblanko, Sep 12, 2007.

1. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Right now, Brazil is playing with much more quickness than they ever have before. When they beat Argentina four years ago 7-0 at RFK, Brazil did not play this kind of football (Argentina were OTCs on the day) and only won because the Albicelestes were the little sisters of the poor.

Brazil now has a lot of quickness and technical ability and it will be difficult to beat them ... unless you have a Wombat at the other end.

2. AndrewP

AndrewP New Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Minnesota
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I have nothing to add. I just wanted to see this photo on page 2 of this thread. :)

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well then...enjoy!!! Here she is again!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    not playing the semi though... so all the 4 OL or ex-OL players will be on the bench.

5. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, but some of those Brazilian girls look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

6. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is hopelessly (pun intended) smitten.

7. "The Futsal Guy"

"The Futsal Guy" New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Ryan Greg did you wrong HOPE! SOLO TU!!!!
    Doesn't he know anything about female players?
    NO!

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    hope is a great keeper, the one player we took the longest to adequately replace, and i can't understand why or how greg doesn't start her today...

but i've seen talked to her in person and wasn't struck by any overpowering foxiness... aly wagner was rather pretty though.

9. Coach George

Coach George Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Elgin, Il
    Yes, the Brasilian women are playing like the men. They make me proud to be a Brasilian. They make this game that I live my life for, so beautiful.
    It was a complete massacre this morning. Brasil destroyed any conception of USA women advancement in international football, and Brasil has shown once again their dominance in international futebol, and now with the women. And these girls learned to play on the street and with their brothers..not at any fancy club.
    The plays of Martha remembered me of Pele. Martha is without any question, and without any doubt, the greatest woman ever to play the game, and there may never again be another like her.
    My God did you see her plays today??!!

10. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Team by team (going by the official photos on FIFA's site):

Argentina = Fabiana Vallejos
    Brazil = Michele
    U.S.A. = Hope Solo
    Canada = Kara Lang (bad picture on FIFA though, by those pics probably Tanya Dennis)
    Nigeria = Cynthia Uwak
    Ghana = Gladys Enti
    Germany = Fatmire Bajramaj (in a landslide. yowza...)
    England = Alex Scott or Eniola Aluko (from the live games Scott, from the pics Aluko)
    Denmark = Julie Rydahl Bukh
    Sweden = Hanna Marklund (tough call, lots of hot Swedes)
    Norway = Leni Larsen Kaurin (Norway's got some too, but Kaurin is clearly tops)
    China = Zhou Giaoping
    North Korea = Ri Un Gyong
    Japan = Tomomi Miyamoto
    Australia = Joanne Burgess (Burgess is the hottest of a very hot team)
    New Zealand = No Pics!!!

Final Four:

Fatmire Bajramaj - Germany
    Hope Solo - U.S.A.
    Joanne Burgess - Australia
    Leni Larsen Kaurin - Norway

The Finals:

Fatmire Bajramaj vs. Leni Larsen Kaurin

The Winner:

Fatmire Bajramaj. Bajramaj is official smokin' hot.

[​IMG]

11. kellybsblover

kellybsblover New Member

Sep 27, 2007
    lol. IF you ask me it's better to have a team that "play like men" and make it to the finals then a team of model wannabees who get sent home.... Did anyone watch the game of Brazil vs. the USA today??? What great sportmanship from the Americans: hitting the Brazilians so they can't score. I guess that din't work :confused:

12. Perugina

Perugina Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Grand Rapids MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope this transitions into more exposure and dollars for Brazil's women's programs!

...but in the machismo world, I doubt it.:rolleyes:

Come on NIKE!!!

13. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But like I said, Lira Bajmaraj has got them both covered!

14. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I hope you are talking about the WORLD, not about Brazil.

Never saw a popular Women´s NFL championship.

Btw, there is some women clubs championship going on in Brazil at this exact moment.

The women volleyball championship is popular. And many other women sports. I hate when people say brazilian are machists. There are more pro-gay laws here than in US.

15. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They play beautiful.. beautiful passes... great form.. and OMG Cristiane,Daniela, Marta were awesome these girls can play! ...

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the laconic match report said play was "haché" meaning the rhythm being broken by frequent fouls... i assumed that it was the brazilians doing that, because a) that's what they did in the recent friendly against the US b) it's a lot more logical to play like that when you're ahead than behind and c) as has been said, they grew up playing in the street with boys.

it can be maddening, whether men or women do it, but there's nothing illegal about it, and when you end up winning 4-0, there's nothing more to be said. if it had gone to penalties after 0-0 then you could have a gripe.

about point c, which was the original topic: topflight girls generally do grow up "playing like men"... even more then the boys do! ever seen U-13 girls against U-10 boys (which is what they need to do to find suitable local friendlies)? they're a head taller, 5-8kg heavier and they bulldoze.

17. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :cool:

What do you mean any conception of USA women advancement in international football?
    They have showed that for over a decade, and brazilian women "Internationaly" have just "NOW STARTED TO SHOW ADVANCEMENT, they still dont dominate cause germany outclassed them as well"

Thats shown to be even more truthful in reflection of this morning with the coach not pulling out marta when they where beating the US, and them suffering as a team condition wise because of it against Germany
    This is Brazils first yr showing any kind of powerhouse quality, doesnt the yrs and yrs we dominated still mean something?
    Look at the last wwc, and see if we have not dominated this "Futbol" for over a decade
    Dominance!
    Next wwc we will have younger girls that are better than what was on the field for us this wwc
    Besides their was something looming in our backdrop that didnt help us paint a pretty picture like we americans usually love doing
    ..controversy and distractions
    Now that brazil has "some" kind of lime light, we will see how they will handle it in the yrs to come as a "international team".
    Cause it will happen and they will face adversity as the sport progresses...
    I herd somewhere someone said....
    "Its not the mistake..but how you recover that matters"
    We will see if thats true.
    54 or something like that
    54-1 is not a bad record:D

18. Santeria

Santeria New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Brazilian women may play like men, but the U.S team plays like robots. (RoboCop Team) The term i've heard.

19. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If you ask me Santeria, "thats all they needed to win"
    Their is a new age of players that are "not" robots, and show skill,creativity,heart and class.
    Next world cup you will see, also during international matches in the meanwhile.
    I give the women far more respect than our men, and I also seriously respect and admire the Brazilian womens game, when I said
    "are they playing like the men" I was complimenting them, and was not trying to degrade them in any way, but rather illustrate the superiority over our women in that match, with ball skills and creativity.
    We have to give the young girls their chance or else we will continue to loose the creative aspect it takes to become great in football and remain without progress.