Is Henderson doing anything to help us win I can't recall?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by VOwithwater, Apr 16, 2006.

1. VOwithwater

VOwithwater New Member

Oct 17, 2005
    What do you guys think?

2. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is the longest title ever and no, he was garbage yesterday

3. areyouserious

areyouserious New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Everything you heard about Henderson, before he came to the team was, "He's a great runner". well, he IS a great runner, hes just a bad soccer player. No quality crosses, no slashing diagonal runs, no finishing. good runner though.

4. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree, he runs well.

5. bert patenaude

Apr 16, 2001
    White Plains, NY
    I have seen no quality from him in three games.

6. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow Wow
    what did you guys expect? to go from a shlt team to a superclub overnight. RSL is gonna take 3 seasons lol...

8. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    I don't think anyone expected to start the season with 3 ties and giving away the lead in 2 of those games. You don't have to be a superclub to get at least one win in 3 games...

9. VOwithwater

VOwithwater New Member

Oct 17, 2005
    He has been a flank player for years and yet he hardly ever cuts inside the field from the flank how can that be?

10. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, I'll pay you to sit on the side of the pitch and wait for a ball to come to you so you can hoof it into the box about 30 yards from everybody.

RBNY would probably save a couple grand and have the same effect.

11. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    He looks like he potentially could be an ok player for us. Thus far though, nothing he has done panned out. I would like to see him for another 5 games.

12. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think half the problem is that Hendo is whipping crosses onto the box and we only have one person there to aim at (Buddle).

The attacking dynamic of this team does not play into the strenths we have. It does no good to have width if there is nothing in the middle to play to.

Start Buddle and Magee up top, move Amado towards the left side of the field where he is most dangerous, put Youri directly behind the forwards, start Lisi for O'Rourke once he is healthy.

Let Hendo and Canero have some room to work by forcing the defence to respect the forward presence and most importantly give them a target to play in to from the flanks.

13. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're talking in theory right? Because saying that he "aim"s is stretching.

14. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he is our Frankie Hedjuk of the midfield... same work rate....but sadly same everything else.. plus a lot older......umm..so far anyway... what did we give up for this dude, again?

15. VOwithwater

VOwithwater New Member

Oct 17, 2005
    He is not doing the job have to find someone who can do the job.

16. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Can you be the new GM?

17. tigerfan

tigerfan New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    His runs, like everyone else on the team, are strictly north and south

18. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In this case literally

19. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Henderson has always been "likeable" because of his work rate, but he has rarely been productive on any team. He isn't imaginative enough, and he's had plenty of time to develop the creativity. He might make a decent defender with his height and quickness. The league's trend is to convert older forwards (Albright, Rhine) and when it works, it can boost goal production with overlapping runs. You have to have a guy with incredible stamina to do it, and Henderson fits the bill. Just don't count on him to score.

I'm an outsider looking in, and I'm really pulling for you guys to have a great year. I just think Youri is too old to carry the team himself, and I'm wondering whether Magee is part of the answer. I've always doubted the guy, but it seems he produces under pressure and is a scrapper that has a nose for finishing. You have to respect that. What watching MLS for 11 seasons has taught me is that the most valuable thing in this league is a true finisher, because we have so very few. No matter what, you'll get 2 SI's pretty soon, and a new coach to boot, so things will begin looking rosey! Hang in there! (By the way, I'm drinking tons of Red Bull now!)

20. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Henderson was washed up when the Rapids traded him last year. The effort is still there but whatever skills he once had are gone. Time after time, he brings the ball up at a full run and then immediately loses it to an opponent. Once in a while, for variety, he gets off an ineffective cross. Heck, my dog can run a lot but that doesn't make him any kind of a soccer player.

21. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    [ (By the way, I'm drinking tons of Red Bull now!)[/QUOTE]

Too bad.