Is Forlan the worst finisher of all times???

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by johno, Oct 18, 2003.

1. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    forlan is the worst finisher of all times. lets hope his form continues. :D

2. Panzo

Panzo Member

Oct 3, 2003
    I think Ruud said after the Rangers match how during a goal drought a striker just needs to keep at his normal game. And aside from a couple of nice flicks, Forlan remains consistent with the usual poor passing, ball control, and loss of possession. But it seems all is always forgiven if the player manages to score. Though I still kind of like the guy in a comedy relief sort of way, the only difference I see in his overall performance is the goal tally.

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You are absolutely correct, I said about the same at halftime during the game. His passes though, were not as bad as usual but his first touch, my god. He can flick but not control, and it makes no sense.
    Hey if he walked on his hands and scored in four straight matches he would play, cuz goals win games, no matter what.

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Forlan looked pretty good out there, comparitably speaking. (even better than Giggs at times)

The thing about Forlan is, it's that he's improved in every game he's been back in the lineup. He's not going to come out tomorrow and be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in disguise, but I think we are starting to see Forlan come into his own a bit here. If anything, it's very encouraging. And if he can keep scoring while improving these other aspects of his game, then all the better.

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good point, Giggs did have a rough game he did not get many meaningfull touches and the only time I remember him getting the ball was he was bearing down on goal and missed, didn't he also play the ball back for one of Forlan's volleys?

Its funny, I think if we play two strikers and they are both a threat, and Giggs and Ronaldo also play it would be hard for teams to attack in great numbers cuz Giggs and Ronaldo require the speed of a wingback (of a very fast wingback) to stay with them. We could use attack as a form of defence, sort of how we did in the second half... sort of how it used to be not too long ago.