Is Darren Anderton actually a sloth??

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by Sir Martin Keown, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Sir Martin Keown

Sir Martin Keown New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can a human-being be as slow as Darren Anderton?, my theory is that he is actually a shaven sloth

2. Harry Ottis Guff

Harry Ottis Guff BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 2, 2003
    Im gonna slap you!
    Do you think Anderton cares? He will be retiring soon, and under no pressure to work ever again at the age of about 34, because he has made a lot of money from football. Yeah, a few Arsenal fans have given him abuse, like Mr Martin Keown here, but they themselves have actually contributed to his success by going to White Hart Lane for the Arsenal Tottenham derbies and paying his wages. Arsenal fans have supported Anderton as he played for England during the glory years of career. And all the time Anderton takes home his wages for merely playing a sport he loves, leaving the inbred fans from Highbury to abuse him not to his face, but on the internet. Sometimes they even attack him because they desperately want to hate Tottenham, to revive that old rivalry, and to make a derby that is no longer famous a little more exciting. Inevitably they fail. Arsenal are a side in financial disarray, who not only cant afford to buy new players but even have trouble getting ones they do have to sign new contracts. Even the year they won the title last, they actually lost money over-all. And yet still they criticise Tottenham players such as Anderton because they need a scape goat, and are too ignorant and self-obsessed to blame their own for their plight. Their manager refuses to rebuke players who persist in acting like children when they lose, or whenever they play a better side like United. Their players feel no shame in doing this because they know that their fans are too pathetic and weak to accuse them of doing anything wrong. And time and time again they prove their inability to compete in Europe, with the squad the size of a drag queens package, and a player too scared even to fly. Funny how flying means playing away fixtures in Europe, perhaps its not flying the Dennis Bergkamp is afraid of, but like the rest of the side, its playing in Europe. Afterall, they are hardly sucesses on the continant. So go ahead Keown, attack Tottenham redundently, in the wrong forum, like a fool, whilst the rest of us sit back and wtach Arsenal go down the drain, following Leeds to a special place called BANCRUPCY!

3. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Should have posted this in England Rivalries. You won't get much of a wind-up here about Darren Anderton.

4. Di7seconds

Di7seconds New Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Land of the Free!!!!
    A Darren Anderton thread huh? How dare you insult the beloved Darren Anderton! If I had a dueling glove on right now I would take it off and slap you across the face with it! Your blasphemy will not go unpunished.

5. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If I had Premium Membership, this would be my signature :D

6. WLU_Mike

WLU_Mike New Member

Aug 22, 2003
    Ontario
    Hate to say it, but Martin Keown looks like a monkey. He also kinda looks like Moe from the Simpsons.

[​IMG]

7. Sir Martin Keown

Sir Martin Keown New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You really are a complete loser!, so let me get this right, you think that I'm using Darren Anderton as a scapegoat!!, for what??, for Arsenal being top of the league and having a team that has taken 10 points from Man Yoo, Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle!....fool.

I have not disputed that Anderton was once a good player but for the last 3 years he has evolved into a sloth, and a sad excuse for a footballer.

What a sad sad man you are if you think The Arsenal will follow Leeds, have a look at the players that signed contracts in the summer, Pires, Vieira and Henri, now do you really think they would sign if they thought the club was going to get liquidated?

And to WLU_Mike, Keown does not look like a monkey, more like an ape.

8. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Darren Anderton is indeed a sloth, but Steven Gerrard actually looks like one. Darren has benn rubbish for a while now, as the 2001 Worthington Cup final had shown. He was marked out of the game by a 38 year old striker and part-time international manager playing out of position in central midfield !. Scientists have proven that his last good spell was in Euro '96.

9. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Anderton is looking a bit knackered now, and with Poyet in midfield too, they are as slow as (as someone else pointed out to me), council binmen working a bank holiday for overtime.

Why would anyone get pleasure from mocking a clapped out player?

Anderton has served his 'time'. Leave him alone.

On the other hand, Pascal Cygan.......