Is Clint Mathis at long last done?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Celticbhoy14, Dec 20, 2005.

1. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Re: Bruce Almighty !

You won't have Clint to kick around anymore ... literally and figuratively.

2. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Dies?

3. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Re: King Mathis

USNT Fan Fiction.... is this what BigSoccer has come to? :(

4. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999

has anyone else noticed an inverse relationship between the number of Mathis threads and the number of goals he scores? Let's test this hypothesis by having no more Mathis threads until he scores 10 goals.

5. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Stop bumping the Mathis' threads to the top of the forum and they will eventually disappear, which is what you want.

6. Ambrecht311

Ambrecht311 New Member

Jan 11, 2006
    San Diego

Totally agree!

7. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.

Then Clint turns around. He’s got Bianca on one arm and Phyllis Arena on the other and he says “What’s everybody waiting for? Let’s PARTY!!” Everybody goes nuts and Mathis does an Elvis impersonation with the corner flag. There’s all these hot Brazilian girls in a hot tub and one supermodel in an Uncle Sam hat boogieing with a statue of liberty torch. She pulls Clint backward into the hot tub. George Bush is there, hello? wasted and he tries macking on Condi Rice who slaps him. “Get a hold of yourself sir!”

8. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.

They look up at a replay of Clint's bicycle kick and she's like "Oh sir, I've always loved you." She puts her tongue in his mouth and they fall back into the hot tub. And Bush and Clint give each other the thumbs up.

9. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK

Mathis needs to buy Arena a Rolex watch. :D

10. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK

You reminded me about the movie Bad News Bears. Mathis is like that rebellious kid that rides the motorcycle. The difference is, the coach (Walter Matheau) wanted him on the team no matter what he did, or was about. BA should do the same.

11. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK

You must be Doctor Dumb if you really believe that. :eek:

12. sregis

sregis Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Hoboken, USA

like not run, score or pass?

13. jbeall

jbeall New Member

Jan 18, 2002
    NJ by way of GA

Actually, this is the best post ever (okay, at least on this thread...). You can almost read the sighing despair as spidergoose realizes that USMNT fans have lost touch with reality, and begin attending Trekkie conventions. :(

14. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.

A guy in a kilt is dancing with a guy in lederhosen. No the other way around. The British announcers are like: "By Jove, this is bloody remarkable, whut" whut! Aherrrm. Yes remarkable I say."

"Remarkable it certainly is Sir Nigel. The Stadio Copenhagen is alight and even the Germans are on their feet saluting the US flag!"

P.S. The bloopers at the end of the telecast are hilarious!

15. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.

Oh yeah, after Clint scores his second goal he goes running toward the US bench clutching his balls and holding up a wall calendar.

Awesome.

16. Super White Boy

Super White Boy New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Gaithersburg, MD

Nixon used the "You won't have Nixon to kick around anymore." line saying that he was quiting politics, and then ran for president a little while later. I meant that if he metaphorically came back from the dead in performance, which I'm not sure that he has the character to do.

17. spike

spike Member

Feb 22, 2001
    Tejas

IMPEACH MATHIS!!!

18. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre

Its amazing how everyone can turn on a skilled player like Mathis but keep sucking up to sucky players like Reyna which continues to run unproductive circles in midfield for a decade. I bet you Anti-Mathis are the same that cheered for picks like David Regis. I dont care how bad Mathis has played over the last year or two, he has that magic that most US players dont have. At the very least he should be an off the bench option. Leaving him in the states is idiocy. Thats the problem with American soccer too much theory, formulas, clipboards and X's and O's and not enough trust in the magical skills one has with the soccer ball. Give Mathis the dam ball!

19. LuckyNat

LuckyNat New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Chicago, IL

Alas, if that were only still true....

20. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK

Sooooo Trueee! American coaches are not training to let the players use their instincts or imagination. It's always about get from point A to point B as fast as you can. Or lets compare it to Star Wars. We play like Han Solo which is good, but we need more players like Luke Skywalker. Use the force USA.

21. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All recent Mathis-related threads merged to here... and it's looking a lot like a dog's breakfast.

Keep it all here, folks...

22. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK

No, he does the latter two really well for the USMNT. Like not point to his imaginary watch (It's about time!). Like not practicing half-asS. Like not drinking & partying the day before game time. Like not sticking it to the man (man being the coach).

23. sregis

sregis Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Hoboken, USA

no- if he had consistantly scored and passed well he wouldn't have been dropped.

24. Dadinho

Dadinho Member

Feb 19, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, umm, I did see him drinking the night before the Poland friendly in Chicago. I don't know exactly how much he had, or what this conversation is about, but he was definately drinking.

25. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK

Your absolutely wrong!I gave you most of the reasons why he was dropped. I can name several players that don't pass & score more consistantly than Mathis, and they're still on the team. :confused: