Is Chivas USA going top draft any Mexican-American A-Leaguers and USL guys

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Beppe, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Beppe

Beppe BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 29, 2004
    Milano
    With the likes of Hugo Alcarez , Byron Alvarez, Memo Arzate, Isias Bardales, Hercules Giomez and Juan Nunez in the A-League and the USL. I wonder if Chivas USA is going to give them look.

2. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hugo Alcarez was probably the best midfielder in the A-league last year and would be a great pick up for Chivas USA.

3. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    The last I saw Bardales, he was having problems with PSL (3rd division) defenders.....

Herc Gomez was the best player on the field, though, when the Gauchos visited the Blitzz.

Orlando Perez used to play for the Orange County Zodiac (I might have seen his first professional game back in '97)

Francisco Gomez was once a California Jaguar.

4. galaxy1320

galaxy1320 New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    LA
    What about:

Rodrigo Hidalgo, F, South Florida*, 8/21/87
    Christian Jimenez, M, South Florida*, 11/30/86

Both are Bradenton alums, and US Youth Internationals. Not sure if they are of Mexican descent, but I believe Jimenez is atleast (He's from San Dimas).

Anyone know if they will declare for the Superdraft???

5. galaxy1320

galaxy1320 New Member

Jun 17, 2003
    LA
    Julian Valentin, a defender out of Lancaster would also be nice. He's on the US U17 team with the two guys above.

6. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004

I've seen the Gauchos play a few games, since one of my friends is on the team, and yeah Hercules Gomez is a good player. He was actually on the LA Galaxy for at least one of their championships and was (prior to freddy) the youngest player to ever win an MLS Cup. Is he good enough to play in MLS though? I doubt it.

7. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Gomez played in Mexico, in the second division there. He played like five minutes with the Galaxy in 02, or whenever. It'd be good to see him with Chivas USA.