Is Chivas '07 better than Chivas '06

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by MLS Detroit, Jun 17, 2007.

1. MLS Detroit

MLS Detroit Member

Jan 20, 2001
    Melvindale, MI, USA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think so. Last year's team had more flash with Paco and Loco, but this year's team seems to be more sound defensively and they have a unique weapon in Cuban Maykel Galindo, perhaps the fastest player in the league. Galindo is a player who can steal games, which is something Chivas has never had before. Looked very impressive in tonight's shutout win over Colorado. In addition to Galindo, young guns Guzan, Mendoza, Bornstein, and Klejstan continue to improve.

2. Warlocklord

Warlocklord New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    USA
    I would have to disagree. Last year's team was very technically sounds, they knew how to pass, how to work together and defend. This years team is disjointed and very weak. That first half was pathetic. The second half was a little better.

In my opinion the team has regressed every game since preki took over.

3. LoLnow

LoLnow New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Yea considering after playing 10 games, Chivas USA has given up only 8 goals which is the fewest in the league. They are also tied for first in the number of shutouts with 5. Note: all of their 5 wins were shutouts (4 at home, 1 away). And they have the most points per game in the western conf. Third of the way done with the season. They have won three in a row (all shutouts) against good teams. Just keep the pace Chivas USA. This team is pretty good.

4. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    I enjoy the games much more now. I think Preki and Bradley were very much on the same page (tactically) but Preki seems to be more concerned with the defensive side of the game than the offensive side of the game. Which is good for our team because we really needed an improvement on that side which begins at the top as he stated in a recent article on mlsnet.com

I really do prefer this year's team though. I fight every second of each game and bust their azz to get that win. Also, Guzan has grown up and come up huge this year making the necessary stops when he's needed to. Very good outing so far

5. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    I also think this year is better but if last years team had Galindo, we could have easily gone to the final.