Is bayern on its way to become another Real Madrid?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by yota -- redded, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Six of Bayern's professional players came from the youth system. While they are not all starters, I doubt many top European clubs can claim that 25% of their professional squad is home-grown.

- Rensing
    - Lahm
    - Hargreaves
    - Schweinsteiger
    - Ottl
    - Guerrero

And a few more who came from Bayern's youth over the past few years are playing at other BL clubs (I'm probably missing a few).

- Piotr Trochowski
    - David Jarolim
    - Stefan Wessels
    - Christian Lell
    - Markus Feulner
    - Antonio di Salvo (now BL2)
    - Zvjezdan Misimovic (now BL2)

I'd say that's a pretty phenomenal rate for any club anywhere. Given this "evidence" I do not have a problem with Bayern wishing to buy the best players they can get--particularly when considering that Bayern are completely aware of the top talent they can't (or won't) buy, especially when other top clubs are bidding as well.

Yes, Bayern are the Real Madrid of the Bundesliga, but the management is entirely aware of what it can and cannot accomplish on the transfer market. Smart businss, if you ask me.

2. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    :confused:
    I've never seen a Bayern fan on this board deny this.

3. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Bayern will never become Real Madrid unless die Bundesliga becomes the LFP.

4. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When I first started posting here, there were some who basically called me a liar when I said that Bayern buys most of it's players from their closest competition.

I even had to go as far as to list the players Bayern "poached" from other Bundesliga clubs, highlighting those who were Bayern's closest competition at the time.

Then they went from there to saying "Bayern didn't realize they were weaking their closest competition" by poaching their players....

Before Real started with their "Galacticos" policy, that's what they did too. The only ones able to largely hold them off were Barcelona. Just like in Germany, the only ones who were able to largely hold Bayern off were Dortmund before Dortmund's idiotic former club management ran the club into the ground.

5. iKnan

iKnan Member

Apr 19, 2005
    With all due respect...i don't know why there is already so many attacks towards karimi and so many critisizing...i'm only saying don't judge a player if you never seen him play yet and plus he needs time to adapt! If Karimi can pull his best form then he can be alot of help to bayern, he is capable of dribbling and getting useful fouls that Ballack could finish off...just give him time...

6. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

I don't think people are criticising. I actually think a lot of people are excited by it. People are/were bewildered by the acquisition becasue it is not really a top priority for the team. However, we got him free...so why not?? Cool.

Ok ..an untested player(in the Bundesliga/Europe) at a position that for all of purposes was already filled. Well. Lets's see what happens. I think people don't want him to sit on the bench, but understand that it make take him a bit to adjust to German game. Not a problem... Karimi is a good player who will probably do just that.
    Just remember, most posters have not seen him play before and he has never played in an European league. They are bound to be cautiously cynical. Most posters don't take anything on faith. They are also more worried about our defense, which lot a lot from last season, than whether Ali gets playing time. Not that they don't care...just not top priority. and they probably don't like it when somebody, whose interests is only in a player and not the team, tells them what to think about him. Get excited...but let Karimi do the talking. People have and will be asking about him.. I guarantee it. What are his weaknesses?, what formations does he play best in? Can he play here or there? etc....
    Here's hoping he and Bayern have a great year.

7. NeoK

NeoK Member

Oct 11, 2004
    heres the scenario ,we qualify from the group stages of the cl we're playing say liverpool in the second round Lucio is injured and Ismael is suspended ,who will play beside demichelis in central defence ,better yet Micho gets sent off in that game who'll come in for him ,beckenbaur??

big mistake going into this season with only three centrebacks one which will in all probability play in defensive midfield, i thought hoeness was smarter than that ,or is he depending on someone from the junior team !!?

8. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Oh. Well, those people are ignorant.

9. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by footyfan1
    When I first started posting here, there were some who basically called me a liar when I said that Bayern buys most of it's players from their closest competition.

Some are ignorant. Some are just in denial about some, not all, of the transfer tactics Bayern uses to keep itself on top.

They don't want to believe "their club" resorts to that kind of thinking to stay ahead.

They do. Without a doubt they do and Uli Hoeness admitted it long ago.

Believe me, you will only hear me complain about it when they bend or break rules or protocol to do so. They don't do it all the time and they do it a lot less now than they did say, five or six years ago. If you look at the Bundesliga now, I'd say it won't be long before Schalke are utilizing those tactics. Many say they are doing it now with Soren Larsen's club to pry him away from them.

I believe Bayern knows most fans outside of their own were completely disgusted with them when the DFB retroactivally removed the tampering rules in German football specifically so they wouldn't have to punish Bayern for all their illegal acts which "Bild" and others proved and Bayern admitted to. When the DFB blatantly showed their favoritism toward Bayern, proving the accusations many made over the years to be true.

Many love to turn a blind eye to those facts. I don't have enough hours in the day to convince anyone who can ignore facts. If I could, I'd be a billionaire trial lawyer.

I don't have enough hours in the day to go digging out all these reports. If someone's curiosity is aroused, they should be able to find what they want on the net if they can read German.

Other than that, I'll try to stick to my "vow" to only "speak" of these things when they are relevant to the conversation. I was there reporting. I know what happened.