Is Asamoah Going To The Wm?

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Wotan, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Similarly, I don't get why Basturk is in this conversation? What does he have to do with Asamoah. Basturk is about 20 cms and 15 kgs smaller than Asamoah, has already been capped for Turkey and never plays striker. I am more confused to be honest.

Basturk does play OM...Marcelinho plays in front of him as a supporting striker and Pantelic is the out-and-out striker. He is an OM...most OMs have BIG Os and small Ms...Aimar and Riquelme last time I checked had BIG Os and small Ms, but do you call them anything different than OMs?

Thats why I used Smolarek; he can play Forward positions and the Right Wing, like Asamoah.

Yea, except Huth is an idiot; Asamoah has already played several years, he's more experienced. Huth is also slow as the dickens; Asamoah has more pace than even Klose and definitely Kuranyi, which is a definite plus for a forward.

If this is about the whole BVB-Schalke thing, Zwanzigoetzel (and I don't think it is), take off your glasses and try to look at it objectively. I don't like Schalke either, but I see how some of their players have uses that will contribute well to the German NT. Not that I think that they are playing for the right club. :D

2. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA
    :confused:
    Hahahaha......man, you officially confused the crap out of me! All I'm seeing is Os and Ms now.....arrrrrgggg......

3. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Okay...I'm saying Basturk plays OFFENSIVE MIDFIELD

Asamoah does NOT PLAY OFFENSIVE MIDFIELD. He plays RIGHT WING and STRIKER...Basturk does not play these positions.

And OFFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS are expected to play offensive positions, yes. But their position and attitude is much different than those who play STRIKER AND RIGHT WING. If you asked Basturk to play these positions, he would be completely wasted and useless.

Not that I wouldn't mind having Basturk on the German NT anyways, he is a quality player as you say. :cool: