Irish League [R]

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by miko, Mar 20, 2004.

1. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    cheers. I'll be over there this summer and was thinking I might be able to catch a game. cheers again.

2. e_k1

e_k1 New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Germany
    Well Waterford Utd should be worth seeing as they are currently second in the premier division after 9 games.

3. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    About how far is it from Wexford and do you have a link to their web site? Cheers.

4. e_k1

e_k1 New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Germany
    I reckon no more than 1 hours drive depending on where exactly you'll be staying. Waterford's stadium (RSC) is close to Waterford Crystal as far as I can remember, which is in the south part of the city.

Here's their official site http://www.waterford-united.ie/

5. CelticBadger

CelticBadger New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    London
    BYTHEWAY

I believe you are talking bollix

6. anto eile

anto eile New Member

Mar 10, 2004
    dublin
    anyone in dublin should catch a Shamrock Rovers game,the league of ireland smost successful club.

re stadiums, most of the stadia in the league of ireland are crap, generally due to gevernmental and public lack of interest, compared to every other country on the planet.

a match worth seeing would be Rovers v Pats for color/atmosphere or Rovers v Bohemians, for bitter hatred. and Shelbourne v Rovers, for color/atmosphere minus bitter rivalry

7. badwolf

badwolf New Member

Mar 21, 2002
    This comment shows again what I've said in the past... this board needs to learn about it's football.

8. CelticBadger

CelticBadger New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    London

The comment BADWOLF is referring to was a reply to BYTHEWAYS suggestion that there was an all-Ireland soccer league in the 1950s.
    I think my reply was accurate.

9. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I went to see Shels beat Waterford last night. Not the best of matches, but entertaining nonetheless, and a well-taken goal by Jason Byrne. One Shelbourne player (I think it was Ollie Cahill) impressed me, in particular.

10. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Ollie Cahill was the number 7 on the left wing. The match wasn't too bad I thought, for a low scoring game there was enough chances. Great day for us Shels fans though, what with Bohs loseing to Home Farm too. Byrne took the hardest chance he had all night. If you're taking in matches than next friday Pats play Shels in inchicore, Dublin Derbies are always good to watch because even if the matches are poor the atmosphere is usually amazing.