Iranian President a hostage taker?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Yankee_Blue, Jun 29, 2005.

1. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin

A simple yes would have sufficed.

2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The answer is yes if the US is committed to being a hegemonic, imperialistic, country. The answer is not if the US ever decides to let the people in the region decide their own fate. Ahmadinejad has no plans to export any revolution by force.

3. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It is highly unlikely he was one of the hostage takers.

The US government has information on names and identities of all those involved. It also has experts that can easily do a photo analysis and determine if the pictures claimed to be Ahmadinejad are really him or not? The official US position, despite its interest to find ways to isolate Iran, is that it is aware of the claims of some of the hostages and is "looking into the issue".

I am no expert in the area, but leaving aside the fact that Ahmadinejad appears to me a good 3-4 inches shorter than the fellow shown in the pictures, I have to believe that the US could quickly decide based on a photo analysis if the claims were true or not. The reaction by the US government so far itself suggest they are not, although I am sure they are looking for way to milk this issue to the fullest.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    and say that he is one of the hostage takers, what actions would you propose the US government takes? what does Ahmadinejad do?

5. Sine Pari

Sine Pari Member

Oct 10, 2000
    NUNYA, BIZ
    The third world never surprises me

6. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1055-1672868,00.html

Says some interesting things:

And

7. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That is the most stupid article and excerpts possible! Iran is not Iraq; it is an open society were literally hundreds of foreign reporters were covering Iran's elections from all over the world!

As for the numbers for Ahmadinejad, they make perfect sense. In every election in Iran, there have been at least 10 million who have voted for conservatives. Even in the first round, the conservative vote was split between 3 candidates: Ahmadinejad, Qalibaf and Larijani.

The battle for the rest of the votes was a battle about:

a) who wins the "Karrubi voters" (i.e. the 5 million, mostly provincial, voters who voted for Karrubi). Everyone expected Ahmadinejad would get the bulk of those voters even though Karrubi endorced Rafsanjani.
    b) Who can excite their base more? The answer was obvious and clear.

I am literally sick of these liars. Disgusting idiots who have lied about practically everything relating to Iran.

8. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Let me add an insight in how elections in Iran are held and monitored:

In this election there were over 42,000 polling station. Each station has a representatives from the (reformist government) Ministry of Interior as well as from the Guardians Council. Of course, each candidate will also want a supporter to be around each polling station, both to monitor things as well as to the informal exit polls.

There is an immediate "informal count" of each of the votes from each polling station (approximately on average 500-700 votes) done under the supervision of the representatives from the candidates and Ministry of Interior, with results from each of them quickly tabulated in each province and nationwide for the "informal results". Already, based on exist polls, it was obvious Ahmadinejad was winning, and within an hour, the informal count showed Ahmadinjead had scored a huge victory.

The formal results are based on counting of all the votes by both the Ministry of Interior (Khatami government) and the Guardians Council. That takes time. That count was finished just recently with the full official results released.

9. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    If I was you I would go back to your beloved Iran the "Home of the Free"

10. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin

This is of course based upon on-line research you've done since you didn't vote yourself, correct? When was the last time you were in Iran and voted in an election?

11. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    From Jihad TV's profile on the President-elect...

As a young student, Ahmadinejad joined an ultraconservative faction of the Office for Strengthening Unity, the radical student group spawned by the 1979 Islamic Revolution and staged the capture of the US Embassy.

According to reports, Ahmadinejad attended planning meetings for the US Embassy takeover and at these meetings lobbied for a simultaneous takeover of the Soviet Embassy.

Love that quote "We did not have a revolution in order to have democracy". If I wasn't such a cheap bastard I'd put it in my sig.[​IMG]

12. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
  13. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    They enjoy being lied to, it almost qualifies as a fetish.

14. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I believe he was referring to you.

15. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    rep

17. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    Such demands from the American government would hold more weight, if Iran actually had an interest in appeasing this administration's concerns. However, because Iran functions completely without reliance on the United States (in any capacity), and has nothing to gain or lose from providing the American government with answers, it should just fire off its own list of demands. For example, it should "demand" an inquiry as to why the American Secretary of Defense was meeting to extend illegal support to Saddam Hussein during the Iran-Iraq war.

18. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    Awww...isn't that cute.

19. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The undisputed fact is that these scumbags, oh, I meant "students" are now high up in the government, that they have never been tried, and that those that supported them from within the government of the day have never been held to account. We should blockade them until such time as they give an accounting and place these people under arrest and turn them over to at the very least an international tribunal for trial. I would prefer that they were tried in an American court. Carter let the entire system of international law down when he did nothing to stop or resolve the taking of the embassy in 1979. Any American old enough to remember those days knows why Ronald Reagan won the polling on the Greatest American, whether that person voted for him or not. On the day Reagan became President these dirty little cowards knew that their pathetic excuse of a civilization was about to change from a mere hellhole into a hellhole full of American high explosive. Iran today is a rogue state that supports terrorism and hides behind a pathetic excuse of an election to maintain that it is a democracy. It is a government that lives on censorship and repression.

I'll ask a couple of simple questions to those of you who think Iran is such a wonderful place-
    1. How many Iranians do you know?
    2. Given a choice, how many would move back?

I know about 15 that I have regular contact withand perhaps 20 more that I see infrequently- none of them would ever go back to live. Most of them are trying to get the relatives they have that are still there out, but because of government "travel restrictions" (read: if you have a useful skill you can't leave because they know you won't come back) they can't leave.

20. nekounam

nekounam New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    on your mom
    Good, just like the criminal scumbags in your government, that have spread nothing but misery, poverty, and violence on a global scale. The days of humanists like Mossadegh are over. Never again will your depraved, and money worshipping government and people, take advantage of the good intentions and trust others may choose to place in them.

First, bring past and present American officials to justice, on 100,000 charges of murder, by illegally providing Iraq with banned chemical weapons and sattelite information as to how to go about using those weapons. Seond, pay reparations to Iran for using the American embassy as a central intelligence hub for an undeclared war on the democratic government of 1953 Iran. Then, we might think of issuing an apology (on paper, and nothing more) for a student-led hostage situation, which ended with no lives lost.

Then again, to sickly peons like yourself, the "discomfort" of a few white males is of greater importance than the death of 100,000 Iranians, and the orchestrated destruction of democracy in Iran.

Yeah, good luck with that.

No, instead, Reagan represented a corrupt politician they could strike a deal with behind the scenes.

The US, today, represents "terror" itself, in its most crude and violent form.

21. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What proof do you have of any criminals in US Govt.? Who? Lets see some links to support your claims.
    Again lets see some proof of these alleged sales of chemical weapons and use of satelite information to Iraq. I highly doubt the chemical weapons, but if the US did sell some sat. info, well too bad for Iran, Iran made the choice to make the US an enemy that just comes with the terriotory. As for the embassy, that is US soverign territory, if the US chooses to use it as an intelligence hub then so be it. The Soviets did it, the Chinese still do. It is just a fact of life. Get over it. Convienant how that "student led" hostafe situation led to those "students" becoming the leaders of Iran.

False and false. You haven't proved that anything you posted is true. More hyperbole and rhetoric.
    No luck needed. The US, if we so decided, we have the capability to do a blockade, the thing is, why? What purpose would it serve?
    No, Reagan would have used force to get the hostages out. The cowards there in Iran knew this that is why they let the hostages go. They knew they would have lost their power if they hadn't.
    Hezbollah. Iran supports terror groups. Lets see some proof of the US and terror. Oh and if you decide to cite Abu Gharib or Gitmo, just remember the US has put its soilders on trial for breaking the law, too bad Iran cannot say the same about their criminals, instead they elect them to office in sham elections.

22. topcatcole

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me guess, he didn't respond to the question I asked, right? I didn't think so, although with his liberal interpretation of "truth" I'm sure he could answer any way he pleased.

23. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He will never answer that question.
    I wonder why if he is so patriotic about Iran, has he served in the Iranian Armed Forces? Has he decided to sign up if he ever goes back?

I served in the US Armed Forces so I feel pretty comfortable putting that challenge to others.

24. topcatcole

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldn't (bad knee from soccer), but I have worked with them most of my career.

As to Mr N- no way, no how he's been in. He's a child. He's probably wherever he is to AVOID the possibility of ever serving. He just sits back, drinking the kool-aid he's sent from "home".

25. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    "The Iranian people never forgave the Shah for the 1953 illegitimate and bloody coup d'état against the Iranian national hero, Dr. Mohammad Mossadegh and his nationalist cabinet. The Iranian people deeply suffered under the Shah's dictatorship, corruption, phony elections, heavy censorship on the public media, torture and execution of thousands of dissenters until the 1979 Revolution."

Are you likewise gonig to bring to account those responsible for this little CIA adventure and the subsequent support the US gave for the Shah to remain in power? Or does your wish to see "an accounting" conveniently start with the '79 revolution?