Irani Player in Saudi League

Discussion in 'Iran' started by SAUDI, Nov 7, 2004.

1. SAUDI

SAUDI New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Iranian Player in Saudi League

Why wouldn’t Iranian players join the Saudi League. I mean I have heard many blocked deals with Iranian players by other GCC League. Maybe the paychecks are higher in UAE or Qatar. However, I vision optimizing the mutual benefit by recruiting Iranian players in Saudi League. Imagine if two Iranian stars pick up a low ranked Saudi Team to win the Saudi league. ;) :cool: :)

2. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    u mean someone like karimi right
    i heard golmohammadi went there?
    dont nkow why but it seems qatar is the one who is picking up ALL the nationalities these days

3. SAUDI

SAUDI New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    No player from iran in the saudi league. :)

4. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Re: Iranian Player in Saudi League

I guess the Iranian Players don't like to play there when they can play in Europe. Golmohmadi though was suppose to transfer to Al-Hilal a few weeks ago.

5. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Re: Iranian Player in Saudi League

Deal didnt go through.

6. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Never heard of Golmohammadi transfering to Hilal, anyways is he a goalkeeper or defender?

7. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He's the one who took Iran's last penalty kick against China in the Asian Cup 2004 semi-final match ( the magic chip shot :rolleyes: )

[​IMG]

8. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    He should have shot the ball with all his power on either sides, not that magic chip shot. What is his position?

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He plays halfback and sweeper...

10. SAUDI

SAUDI New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Do you guys think it’s possible? A lot of Irani culture and documentaries are being broadcasted on Saudi TV lately.

11. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    that pic of him crying is vs. ireland btw

12. Well, there's an Iraqi player in the Saudi League. His name is Nasha'at Akram, I think he's 20 years old now. He played for Al-Nasr last season, and this season, he plays for Al-Shabab. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    nashat akram is amazing
    and theres a iraqi in the Iranian league i blieve asw ell

14. Yes, his name is Bassim Abbas, he's a defender and he plays for Esteghlal Ahvaz. He should be given more playing time, after all, he was the one who stopped Chrisiano Ronaldo during the Iraq vs. Portugal match in the Olympics. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Hi,

Esteghlal Ahvaz has 6-7 non-Iranian players ( 4 of whom are Iraqi players ) and according to the IFF rules they can only play with 3 non-Iranian players at a time so that's why he doesn't get a lot of playing time.

16. Actually, there were 4 Iraqis linked with Esteghlal Ahvaz...but 3 of them left. They all went to Iran, but then it didn't work out for 3 of them.

Haider Abdul Razzaq left and went back to Al-Talaba (Iraq)

Ahmed Manajid left and went to Al-Rifaa (Bahrain)

Abdul Wahab Abul Heil left and went to Al-Wehda (Saudi Arabia)

Bassim Abbas stayed! :)

17. SockersFC

SockersFC New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    USA
    Nobody can stop Ronaldo, the iraqis were suppose to get far in the olympics, politics. Ronaldo can't be stopped by anyone right now.

18. Politics? Get real bro. We owned Portugal, and that's a fact!...and Ronaldo was covered completely by our defenders, mainly Bassim Abbas!!

...and why did Ronaldo cry after the match?? Politics!?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. SockersFC

SockersFC New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    USA
    Nice pic, to bad Iraq wont make it into WC2006, politics have takin control of the sport. Iraq can't stop Ronaldo, they wont bc they wont be ever good enough to play Portugal again. I liked it when Iraq got far, but in the bronze medal match that was the true Iraqi team, who lost. It was time to have a real soccer game not one that was played out.

20. We had more possession in the Italy match!!...but our problem, and the downfall of Iraqi soccer has always been not being able to finish! We won our matches fair in square, and you're just making up a bunch of sh!t. Politics!? The fu***** U.S. government hasn't done anything for us!! The team doesn't even have a place to practice! We don't have decent training facilities. Games are postponed or cancelled half the time in Iraq because of security reasons. All in all, there's no politics in this! Bush started using Iraq in his campaign ads and all the players spoke out criticizing Bush and saying how he's done nothing for them. Iraq have gotten where they are now solely on individual talent.

21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This is Esteghlal Ahavs' latest picture. Which one is the Iraqi player?

[​IMG]

22. He's the guy standing 2nd on the right.

[​IMG]

23. SockersFC

SockersFC New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    USA
    Beating portugal in the olympics, would mean you should have been first in your group. Portugal is eight in the world, Uzbekistan is no where near that. Don't some of your players play for iranian leagues, and other asian leagues. So you are getting your training, but Iraq hasn't been impressive in the world cup qualifications. Luck not talent.

24. 1. Our players don't get training, 90% of our players played in the Iraqi league...they just recently started moving abroad after they got recognition in the Olympics.

2. FIFA Rankings are crap and not accurate...ignore those stupid rankings.

3. Iraq hasn't been impressive in the WC Qualifiers? True, due to the fact we had several changes during the WC Qualifiers. Our former coach Bernd Stange resigned because of security reasons, and when Adnan took over the NT, he changed the NT players. Also, this is football...anything can happen. It's very possible to lose to Uzbekistan. The day we lost to them, luck was just not on our side, and we failed due to our strikers not being able to finish.

...and if you saw the Iraq v Portugal match, you would of known it was no fluke!!

We won 4-2, by the way, Portugal scored a goal that was scarred with criticism...all the players on the field stopped because they heard a whistle, and a Portugese player scored from a long shot, and it took them a while before they realized the goal counted and started celebrating. Also, Portugal's first goal was an own goal off of Haider Jabbar tripping and the ball deflected off of him and went in. :)

Iraq controlled that match, and won fair and square.

25. [​IMG]

He's the guy standing 2nd on the right, his name is Abdul Wahab Abul Heil, he's a midfielder. He's been playing for Esteghlal Ahvaz for quite a while, and recently I heard he left to play in Saudi Arabia. As far as I know, there's only one Iraqi player in Esteghlal Ahvas now, and it's defender Bassim Abbas who just recently signed.

By the way, do you know the exact date of that photo?