Iran

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by GringoTex, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Re: Iran bans Rock n' Roll!

LOL... scooter is considered low class in Iran, 4 yeasr ago when I came to New Zealand from Iran I brought my MP3 archive and believe me none of the Kiwis had a clue about artists like Scooter, Gigi da' Agostino, etc... you keep ignoring the fact that this ban is for state television that nobody watches it for its music anyways...

2. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK

Great post.

3. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK

If Iran is banning rock & roll, what does that have to do with techno?

Is techno even considered as music but anyone other than the criminally insane or very drunk/drugged up person? Actually strike the last two because the headache would probably be unbearable even for them!

4. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Re: Iran glued to TV comedy that tackles tough issues

Good post Mani. I'm gonna have to try to get a hold of the series.

As far some (Jews) are concerned, Iran is killing them in the millions already. Yep, it's not made public but there is a massacre going on...racial cleansing and all that. Haven't you heard? Iranians are Aryans!! :eek: Apparently, they're using Uranium Gas Chambers...an upgrade from the German gas chambers that didn't make you suffer as much before death.

I know this isn't the thread to be making such discussions (and often I am among the first to say so), but I do also find it interesting that I can say almost anything without fearing any adverse consequences in an open society due to freedoms of free speech.

I can say there is no god.
    I can say black men are white.
    I can say I saw your mum having sex with a donkey.
    I can say Jesus was gay/black/a giant nappy wearing baby (as some have done so)
    I can say Napolean never existed.

However, I can think of technically 3 things that I cannot say:

I cannot talk about plans to commit a crime (laws against conspiracy)
    I cannot say I have (or for that matter DO NOT have) a bomb - because I will either be arrested or shot!
    And I cannot say the holocaust didn't happen.

The first has obvious legal and social consequences. It simply allows for prosecution of those planning criminal activity.

The second is due to current sensitivities and imminent dangers as well panic which cannot be taken lightly and again makes sense.

However the final one, although some might consider me crazy or lacking in knowlege (as they would for making the statements prior to it) should not be followed by such condemnation as well as law suits for anti-semitic comments! It is a historical inaccuracy and I admit a comment that educated men should not make, however the reaction is not warranted either.

So far what I have said I do not cosider to even be controversial. However, although logic is commanding me to stop, I will make one further comment which will be disputed and in particular I am expecting Shurik to revert back to calling me Hitler while hgold or yassik or nicephoras or countless other "Israeli supporters" to jump at me with claims of anti-semitism.

I do not think that claming that the holocaust never happened is even anti-Jewish (I already have explained that due to historical inaccuraciest, I personally do not use the term anti-semitic). It is not because it is a claim that a historic even didn't happen. It does not reflect on Jews at the present. Again, true that it does deny a suffering that some Jews have endured (in particular refering to the survivors of the holocaust as wel as the deceased), however just because the ancestors of a group of people have suffered does not entail that the current generation should be treated any different. As humans, we have certain rights (unsurprisingly referred to as Human Rights and I will not discuss whether we do have such rights and what they may be). These apply equally whether the people have suffered in the past or not.

A simple formulation of my statement is as follows:

Jews have suffered through the holocaust.
    Person A denies the event and hence the suffering.
    However person A still maintains that the current Jews have the same rights, no more nor less as everyone else (Human Rights).
    Hence person A is not making a claim against current Jews other than denying a part of their history.

However, I am taking what many would consider a narrow interpretation of anti-Jewish comments and currently a much wider view is taken by "powers that be" which probably incorporates making statements as to the fashionability of the hats worn as anti-semitic as well!

As I said, I do agree that this would almost certainly not be accepted by the very pro-Jewish posters and perhaps many who even take the middle ground but it is my personal view.

Sorry that I've moved so far from the thread but it was a thought that just came to me and I couldn't resist!

5. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Re: Iran-EU hold Talks Amidst Indications the EU Might Agree to Enrichment in Iran

I am personally not optimistic and while I understand the outside view that Iran probably is attempting to produce nuclear weapons, there is nothing stating such and Iran is simply following her rights which cannot be stopped.

Basically, even if Iran is trying to make nuclear weapons, there is nothing there to do but to let them and then punish afterwards! However, from history we know those with nukes are left to their own devices while others who have not done as much but don't have such weapons are "taught a lesson".

I'm not holding my breath on whether a deal is reached or not.

6. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After all this talk of the illegal satellite dishes, I now understand why some channels in Israel have a segement saying: "If you are watching ________ channel in the _________ region, you are watching illegally and could be subject to..."

7. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You wasted an entire post on a false premise.

Congratulations, you've completed Stupid 101.

8. nowayjose

nowayjose New Member

Apr 24, 2005

Yes professor.

Sorry can't resist.

9. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005

so does Israel today!

10. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

and America has Britney Spears!! so that makes them even ;)

11. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    If you think about it, there should probably be an Iran subforum. This would satisfy both those who want to focus on Iran & those who wish to ignore it. It would also give Iran the opportunity to clearly establish its influence on & superior status to all other subforums!

12. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005

didn't he become moslem when or shortly after he moved to Iran?

based on that song and most likely he wrote it while living in Iran. His Iranian scholars thought him well and his understanding of Islam seems quite well.

peace,
    Rostam

13. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Re: Iran-EU hold Talks Amidst Indications the EU Might Agree to Enrichment in Iran

I would like to see Iran have a financial leg to its nuclear activities where soon it can issue bonds and eventually when the comercial activities come online, start issuing futures and other financial derivatives.

as far as the EU talks is concerned, Iran will have its nukes and that will be that.

nukes will be a huge source of energy that within the next half century will be turned into a commodity and will be traded in open markets. In some not very far distant, Iran's oil & gaswill also run out, and it has to answer its domestic energy needs, as well as being ableto export to neighboring countries. It would be good to help Iran become the future of hub of commerce and trade and mega nation-capital of the mideast, for transportatoin, trade & commerce, travel, technology& information hub,......

14. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was elected after over a 1000 other canadates were informed that they could not run for office, also in the previous election all the reformists were told they could not run, over 3000 total. Plus it is a mystery how the least popular and most unlikely person of the 3 was able to win. But then the Guardian Council or puppet masters determine that anyway.

As for Iran, they will be 3 and out in Germany, Mexico will have an easy win over them.

Also didn't a group recently try to kill armanas-shole? They killed a bodyguard instead. Yeah he is well liked there.

15. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Does this mean that Iranians literally have to fight for their right to party?

16. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if we will see a rise in hangings there now?

17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Or if Ahmedinedouchbeagjad's kids will have a party while he's out of town and invite some Zionists who'll spike the punch.

P.S. Iranians invented punch. It was originally Persian Punch, but Hawaiian Zionists totally ripped them off.

18. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    you couldn't possibly have ballots for 1000+ candidates on the final round???

here in the US we have basically a final between 2 candidates (one from each party) and a lonely independent that never has a chance.

19. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Iran invented Rock&Roll. :)

20. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were denied the chance to even run for office.

21. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    but of course, candidates need be qualified, that's very normal as long as qualification process is consistant and agreed upon. thefact that they initially participated supports the argument that they were given the initial chance to participate in the first step of many to come.

22. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    first ones denied, reformists.

23. SuperTrooper

SuperTrooper Red Card

Dec 16, 2005
    Oz
  24. | Mr. Universe |

| Mr. Universe | BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 29, 2005
    Pudding Island
    Next time think twice about robbing an Iranian

OK, I made this thread in free for all and they moved it to world rivalries for some reason, so Im going to post it here in the politics forum (the real FFA).

This is hilarious, the guy's accent kills me
    http://wm.gannett.speedera.net/wm.gannett/kxtv/December2005/121705/store-manager.wmv

some funny quotes from petrossi and abc.com regarding what happend:

Petrossi leaped back. "That's a really good knife!" he recalled thinking. "That's a knife that could kill me. My God, this is not a joke, I have to take this seriously."

"I said, 'Come on. You want the money? Come and get it,'" he said. "He dropped the beer and ran."

Petrossi gave chase, catching up to the man at the front door. "I thought, 'Oh, this is the best time to kick his a--.'"

After snapping the photo, Petrossi and a friend who had heard him shouting resumed the chase. At some point, Petrossi found a rock on the ground.

"I said, 'My God, that's a good looking rock! Let me grab it,'" he said.

he has my vote for Iranian of the year after Iranian Monitor for inventing the Iran invented everything sayings.

25. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

They ban all western music, don't they?