Iran, India and Bangladesh offer to host 2011 Asian Cup

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Mani, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran, India and Bangladesh offer to host 2011 Asian Cup

2. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope Iran gets since it's not very far from where I live (eastern region) and I have some family there so maybe I can attend some matches. :)

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Basically, it's a two-horse race between Iran and India. Iran has the better infrastructural facilities while India has the better socio-political structure. It's too close to call a winner yet.

4. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    i do not care who hosts it but if anyone other than iran to host it then i don't want them to get qualified to the final round automatically. look what stupid afc did to afc07.... stupid afc. i hate it.

5. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    afc is soooooo gay

6. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Out of the 3, Iran is the best choice.

7. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    HAHAHA....good one...:D

8. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    but if you look at it, other than Malaysia rest of them usually qualify for the AC anyways... I might be wrong though?

9. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    but if Iran gets it, it would be pretty interesting to see Australia there... first appearance and they have to play in Azadi... and imagine if it happens to be the competitions first game against the host....

10. xabi_al0ns0

xabi_al0ns0 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Australia
    Does India and Bangladesh even have any top quality football stadiums? :confused:

11. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

only indonesia and thailand...malaysia and vietnam never qualify in the past 20 years

12. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I thought Australia will be in 2007 Asian Cup, no?

13. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    stupid afc don't care about the quality of the tournament whatsoever as long as they can do marketing. that's why they let those 4 weaklings in the sea region to host the cup

14. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    ahahaha i'm getting whole a lot of neg reps. too bad i can't see who's doing that. . whinners.

go to hell

15. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    I hope India will host it because first SAFF havent hosted before plus in India the interest in football is growing and there has been long history of football. India has good stadiums Salt Lake stadium in Kolkata can hold more than 120,000 plus many other stadiums. India is hosting 2010 Commonwealth games plus in the past the World cup Cricket was organised here so it shows our country can organise big event. Bangladesh should co-host with India otherwise India alone, because facilities in India more advanced plus more supporters. If Iran hosts its ok, but here women can come watch no problem

16. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    In Iran women can come watch it as well. India's best stadium is salt lake and it is an old, crappy stadium where evry1 has to stand up. If that is the quality then god help the spectators at the other stadiums. Iran is the best choice in my opinion since they hav stadiums and good hospitality.

I think the only problem will be transport and few people will also be reluctant to come to iran as these ignorant ppl call us terrorist...

17. baba

baba New Member

Jun 13, 2005
    have in mind Iran have great stadiums..!!

We have 2 new stadiums under construction in Tehran pretty biig

and iran also allowes women into the stadiums to please dont say they dont :cool:

18. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    AFC gave their last warning to the 2007 hosts and if they don't get it together till next week then they will loose their chance and competition will be held in one of the 2011 bidders!.... most likely India!

19. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    wait, I thought they only gave warning to Thailand?

20. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    yeah they said Thailand was the worst (with no progress at all) but they say that the rest of them are not pulling their weight and the progress is very slow and insufficient!

21. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    I can tell U Malaysia progress is quite good & in track with expectation as they have the stadium & the transport already so no problem there

It is most likely Thailand is dragging everybbody back as the rest cannot continue w/o consulting Thailand

But should have no problem though as the Thais do tend to leave everything to last minute

22. Caliguy

Caliguy New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    In your pc
    Iran will get it, because I said so. :mad:

23. Mike_Hallo

Mike_Hallo Red Card

Jul 1, 2005
    Out of the three choices it is a no brainer.
    i think Iran should host.
    it is a beautiful country with beautiful stadiums.
    india cannot compare to it and def not bangladesh.

24. murlikt

murlikt New Member

Apr 14, 2002
    India is also a beautiful country many tourists come i think even more than Iran. If youre talking about facilities then i believe you Iran maybe has better seats, etc but the stadiums are there in India they just need developing its not so hard if you can find money! India is diverse. Many different cultures and foreigners I can tell you there are many arabs, chinese, parsis, etc there will be support for any team. Plus if they give it to India they can develop the game here there is interest but not much money in football.

Abt the women I thought they cannot watch the games Im sorry I read it somewhere. Iran is good but in my opinion India is stable even if Pakistan plays here no problem they will be treated fine

25. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    oh well I don't know what you read but all those Japanese, Irish, etc... women spectators who came to Iran would disagree with you and the things you read! ;)