Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by ProfZodiac, Jul 8, 2012.

1. flusty

flusty New Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    fairly longtime reader of the forum; decided to sign up today!

2. DCUnitedGooner

DCUnitedGooner New Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Longtime reader of the board and thought I'd jump in. I'm an Arsenal and DC United supporter living in North Carolina.

3. matleblanc

matleblanc Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Hellow everyone
    I'm Matthew from Poland. I'm a big fan of Atletico Madrid. I hope I'll stay here for a while.

4. OneMilGeorge

OneMilGeorge New Member

Jun 9, 2014
  5. nolook

nolook New Member

Jun 9, 2014
    I'm looking for information here. Hope I'll learn from you guys. Thanks ^^

6. scoresguy

scoresguy New Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Maryland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New from Maryland, can't wait for Thursday. Love seeing all the Chelsea players on the national teams, Oscar, Willian, Luiz (now PSG), Ivanovic, Mata, Matic, even Courtois, Torres, and more. Watching for Hazard and Belgium to make some noise!

7. Phil in OKC

Phil in OKC New Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Club:
    Real Betis
    With post #1 I'm looking for a forum where knowledgeable soccer fans can have adult conversations about the only important sport in the world. I hope this is it and that there aren't a bunch of wet behind the ears Barney Fife admins to ruin it for the majority.

I'm a 61 year "Okie from Muskogee" who ended up at Marine Barracks Rota Spain, as a collegiate athlete in baseball and basketball, back when Johan Cruyff and Johan Neeskens were plying their trade at Barcelona, and Franz Beckenbauer and Gerd Mueller were leading Germany to the 1974 World cup championship against the Holland Orange.

It was at the formative years of my athletic development that I discovered the beautiful game, which is still waiting to make its appearance in the MSL.

Wiel Coerver published a set of videos back in the 70's that I used to coach my sons to championship youth soccer in Florida with FC Betis in Pensacola Florida and the Jacksonville FL U-12 Subway champions at the International Clearwater Florida tournament featuring Dez White, who ended up as an All American football receiver with Georgia Tech, (with an offer from Manchester United to sign and attend school in England), and cashed in with a six year career in the NFL. It is the Wiel Coerver coaching style for the U.S. youth program which U.S. coaches must focus upon. Look at our USMNT . . . we have few players with the personal skill of a Freddie Adu, to maintain possession under pressure, yet Freddie languishes on the pine. This quote from a U-14 Academy coach, currently employed by a losing proposition will tell you everything there is wrong with the philosophy of the leadership and strategist in U.S. Soccer. You don't win from playing out of the back line. U.S. Soccer puts their most ineffective, and less skillful players there, and forces the ball back to them to make plays. Disgusting. Watch Real Madrid, Barcelona, and the most skillful European teams. That skill starts at the U-whatever level with Wiel Coerver coaching. I am encouraged that Hugo Perez is leading the U-14 National team. He was one of the first USNT players with the skill to maintain possession under pressure.

Until we pay the big bucks and bring over the best European coaches (like Jürgen Klinsmann) to teach our youth how to play the beautiful game, we are doomed for mediocrity for the near future. We are 10 years away from success on the national stage, and it all depends on paying for and bring over the very best European coaches, lile a Wiel Coerver.

8. Vinnydabody

Vinnydabody Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hi all,

I'm here mainly because of the referee forum. I played a year as a youth many, MANY, years ago. That's about the extent of my soccer playing experience.

Now my son plays in AYSO (U-8) and I coach his team and it's a joy. I coach his baseball team too but it's so much easier to keep the kids engaged with soccer at this age; I find myself hoping that my son sticks with soccer (and I think he will; he's been practicing kicking a ball against the sofa since he could first walk).

Meanwhile, I got certified as an AYSO referee this spring and will be looking to get my USSF certification next spring. I love the game and working games makes for a good fitness plan for a guy in his mid-40s.

I haven't followed the professional game so much but am looking forward to the World Cup; I'll be following it mostly through online streaming since I'm too cheap to pay for cable or satellite. :D

Cheers
    Vinny

9. Zubizzaretta

Zubizzaretta New Member

Jun 12, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Hello, I am happy to join this Forum!
    Couldn't find a better day than World Cup Beginning ;)

May the show begin. :D

I also brought a little present to thank you for letting me join.
    Try this WC 2014 football players nickname quiz. I couldn't finish it by myself
    http://www.worldcupnicknames.com/

10. radar69

radar69 New Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Dallas Area
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi ya'll! From the Dallas Texas area. Coached and reff'd for 14 years in North Texas from late 70's to early 90's. Just a big fan of the beautiful GAME. So excited to see this World Cup. By the way, I picked the exact score today on the Brazil game today. Lucky Guess. Don't really have a favorite; just want to see good games. Looking forward to reading the experts opinions here. I still have lot's to learn about the the game.
    By the way I have 3 granddaughters playing youth soccer and they are the best on each team. Oldest is an excellent defender (15 yrs old) . The other two are the top scorers on city champ teams.

11. MikeSoCal

MikeSoCal New Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Whats up? I hail from San Diego and have World Cup fever and it needs more cowbell.

12. Lindsay75

Lindsay75 New Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hi everyone!

My name is Lindsay, I'm an independent game developer and football fan (England and Newcastle, ofc!). This looks like a great forum, clearly one for fans of football all around the world, unlike just some of the ones focussed only on the premier league.

I've just released my latest game Tap Star: World Soccer, and I'd love it if you guys wouldn't mind checking it out for me and providing a bit of feedback! It's completely free to download and play on both iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Please check out the trailer and find the links below:

iOS App Store Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/tap-star-world-soccer/id854488891
    Android Google Play Link: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamedigits.TappySoccer

It's an easy to play game aimed at fans of the World Cup! It allows you to choose your national side (as long as they qualified for the cup!) and play to earn points that help push your national team up the leaderboards! It's a global online multiplayer tournament. The competition ends on July the 13th, and the top placed side will win the cup - with their country's name and flag displayed in the forevermore!

PLEASE check it out and PLEASE let me know what you think! I'd really appreciate the feedback!

Thanks everyone, great looking forum - looking forward to participating!

13. vuvu-sam

vuvu-sam Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Hello! Have been a diehard Chicago Fire fan since '09, made an account to talk to other MLS fans and jersey collectors

14. FifaClips

FifaClips New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  15. Laird Harrison

Laird Harrison New Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hello. I am a health writer, personal trainer and soccer coach in Oakland, California. I have just started a newsletter about preventing sports injuries, and of course I am focusing on soccer this month. Please signup if you are interested in receiving it by email.
    Laird

16. Wayne Hazle

Wayne Hazle New Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Glad to be on board! Living in Los Angeles but Jamaican by birth and I love the graceful game

17. ViralShared.com

ViralShared.com New Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    L. Angeles Legends
    Hello this is ViralShared.com and I'm a USA Soccer Fan and we will win the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

18. Bonnie Boreanaz Rexeus

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Hi I am American and currently live in Sweden plan to return to the States next year. I am realitivly new with Soccer and watching it. I love NHL Hockey, can't really name one favorite NHL team but I follow the Philly Flyers and La Kings. I also like Football(American) There I like the Broncos, New York Giants and a few other teams.

My favorite soccer team at the moment is Barcelona, however I support the USA all the way in the World Cup Olympics and more.

I am of American Indian and Swedish decent whereas 3/4 is Indian. I am doing research to find out information on my Grandfather while in Sweden.

I plan on going to forensic school next year with the hopes of being a forensic anthropologist in the future. I am on Twitter,Google +, Facebook as well as other social networks but it is mainly those 3 I use.

my other interest include Nature, Music watching my tv shows spending time with my family, friends and other stuff but especially shopping [​IMG]

Well that is all for now

19. FabSkywalker

FabSkywalker New Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Marseille (FRA)
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi ! =)
    I'm a French boy who live in France ( and american too, my great-grandfather was a soldier during the Normandy landings ). I'm a fan of US soccer since the 98 World Cup, with McBride, Lalas, Jones & Wynalda ....

Happy to be here, keep smiling !

Fab =)

20. World Fan Cup

World Fan Cup New Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Brussels
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hey everybody,

I'm just another soccer fan, crazy (passionate) for the game and the culture. I'm also a digital marketer and interested in social networks and communities which is part of the reason I'm joining this forum!

I'm following the World Cup now - who isn't? - and I decided to make an app for fans like us to show support for our national teams on social media. It's called World Fan Cup and I'll launch it next week, so I hope people enjoy it.

This is my first time in a soccer forum so I'm looking forward to meet other fans :)

Diego from Brazil

21. OpenCupFan

OpenCupFan Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Been reading this forum for about a year, really enjoy it and find it informative.

Have a couple of teams I follow, but none more so than the Cosmos. Yep, another one - i even got me a scarf and a t-shirt and went to some games at Shuart - wtf? Yep, not a myth, we exist. Also like Arsenal and the LV Mobsters.

Love witty and informative posts, uhm and short. Not a big fan of long preachy posts or incivility (wishful thinking?), I'm just saying.

and, oh yeah, go Cosmos - we just win trophies!

22. Chris Phillips

Chris Phillips New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hiya. Really enjoying the board.

23. Robby_RE

Robby_RE New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hello to everyone!

I'm Roberto..i write from Italy!! I'm a supporter of AC Reggiana (my country's team) but also of Juventus!

I'm following all matches of this World Cup and i'm here to share with you the magic of this fantastic tournament!!

Thanks all and...come on ITALY!! :)

24. Tomazo

Tomazo Member

May 18, 2014
    Koper
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Hello, I am Tomaz and I love playing soccer. I also created a facebook page which is all about soccer. I would be glad if you would join, Bestsoccersite fan page.

25. ManGBr

ManGBr Red Card

Jun 20, 2014
    Rio/Newark
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Oi,

My name is Manuel, I come from Rio and am staying with my cousins family who told me about this place. I look forward to corresponding with many people about futbol and improving my English. I am a fan of Botafogo and Seedorf. I also love making rodizio, it's my job and why I come to America.