Interpretation of the election result

Discussion in 'Elections' started by verybdog, Nov 3, 2004.

1. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    I saw that the number one issue for Bush supporters is not Iraq issue. It is the 'Moral values' issue made people voted for Bush.

From this I conclude - the Massachasetts Supreme Court costs Kerry the presidency - people in the red states simply hate this gay marriage thing. And Kerry is from Massachasetts unfortunately!

Which is ironic because G W Bush is the number one immoral man in the whole world.

What's you interpretation?

2. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    When you think about this so called 'moral values' that sends Bush to second term, something is worthy of contemplating.

Could it be that the voters in red states are more intelligent than the voters in blue states for following reason:

"Yes, Iraq war is immoral and killing people left and right, but is only temporary; yet if you compare Iraq war to the bigger implication of gay-marriage concerning the destruction of the human race, it's relatively insignificant."

Could this be their thought when they were about to vote?

If this was true, what lesson should democratic party have learned and do in the future?

3. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I almost turned green and ripped my shirt off as the cynic inside me just ran wild. Back in control.

4. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You still railing on gays? You know, gayness isn't a deadly virus that needs to be extinguished.

5. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to kill these people, or atleast deport them all to Texas and kick them out of the Union.

6. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    That issue costs Kerry the election. Are you happpy now?

Democrats should think about their political priority. The gay issue should definitely be put into the back burner, a long long time ago.

7. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy that our country's full of a bunch of bigots and mo-phobes?

I guess we should just force them all back into the closet because I think you could use the company.

8. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Democrative party should only focus on these important things in the next election: economy, taxation, deficits, education, health care, housing and homeland security. Anything else is wasting time.

They should stay focus!

9. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tell that to all the people in the Red States.

ore the people who voted for Amendment One in Ohio

There are far too many people in this country who actually believe that.

10. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Not necessarily. I am saying that homosexuality should not be an election issue for the democrats. Why? because that has nothing to do with the governing of this country.

11. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Hey we don't want them. We have too much of them already.

12. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms

Clinton had the same thought as I do. I think this further confirms it...

"Looking for a way to pick up swing voters in the red states, former president Bill Clinton, in a phone call with Kerry, urged the senator to back local bans on gay marriage. Kerry respectfully listened, then told his aides, 'I'm not going to ever do that.'"

http://www.advocate.com/new_news.asp?ID=14285&sd=11/05/04

13. JPhurst

JPhurst New Member

Jul 30, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    And bravo to Kerry. For all the talk of him being a flip-flopper, he refused to compromise on a basic issue of civil rights.

It does remind me why I didn't like Clinton.

14. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
  15. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What, health care (for domestic partners), property issues, parental/school issues, retirement issues (think Social Security) are NOT government business?

That's news to me. :rolleyes:

16. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that is why Republicans will continue to control Washington. The whole gay issue is a loser for the Dems. They should simply say it's a state issue and not talk about it.

17. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    In order to regain power in Washington, democrats have to be taking baby steps from now on. You can't blame people's rejection when you are too radical for change. Most people change gradually, democrats should not stay too ahead of them.

Hollywood certainly didn't help democrats with all these gay shows on TV in recent years, neither did Massachusetts Supreme Court and the SF mayor, with their recent radical actions.

18. marylandred

marylandred New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    I sincerely question the intelligence of anyone claiming that homosexuality will cause the destruction of the human race.

19. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    I can't prove it but my intuition tells me that once homosexuality becomes a social norm (in one hundred years from now maybe), survival of human race goes downhill from there. So, it's a slippery slope at this juncture. People in the Red states might have made a correct decision regarding this particular matter. As you know it's a duty for human race to preserve itself - that maxim tramps any equal right arguments derived from the US Constitution, IMO.

20. Tmax

Tmax Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Vermont
    So, essentially, you believe that there is a snowball effect around the acceptance of homosexuality?
    Sweet-effing christ.
    According to your assumption, based on the time of Roman rule, (or was it the Greeks?) we should just about be done as a race by now.
    Oh, wait.. the population keeps going up you say??

Have fun with that theory and all.

21. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me thinkin' maybe you shouldn'ta posted these thoughts. Not your finest hour.

22. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You started this thread just for kicks, right? I'm mean c'mon, you're yankin' our chains, eh?

Didn't ya?

Aren't ya?

Dear lord, VBD, dear lord

23. StingRay37

StingRay37 Member

Dec 4, 2000
    North Carolina
    Hey, can you remind me what happened to the Romans?

24. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Oh you are just so democratic and peaceful!!! You truly are a beacon of hope and goodness in this chaotic American wasteland.

25. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    That you are wrong big time.

First every day Kerry would say how bad things are going in iraq. We are in the middle of a war and all he did each day was bitch about it and bring down troop moral. That was unamerican to me and a lot of other people.

All the celebs bitching about the war was another thing. That turned me off and I stopped watching anyone that did it.

Hate the news people especially when they tried to explain to me what I just saw in the debates. I don't need them to do that for me.

Bush ran against a bad opponent with a weak history on defense. I am going to change leaders with this kind of guy in the middle of a war? No better dem with a better history he wins. Kerry was a bad choice. He picked a bad choice for VP. The man with a plan for everything Kerry. The plans were not much different from the bush plans that Bush actually did and not just talk about.

Kerry said everyday when something in the news came out agasinst the war that all these things everything is Bushes Fault I am supposed to believe that?

If kerry were elected then I and everyone else should believe everything that goes wrong during kerrys presidency was Kerrys fault?

This us middle class against the Rich was tried in Bush v Gore and did not work. Then the demos tried it again like dummies and it did not work again.

who cared about gays getting married. But by putting it on the swing states ballots it did get voters out because they did not want to see the states ok it. If they did not vote against it it would be the law of the states so they had to come out and vote against. That was a brilliant idea to get middle of the road dem and republicans to come out. While they were out they voted for Bush. That was a brilliant move and the demos know it was a brilliant move.

So it was a lot of things the rep did right. I still say dem if dems put out a better canadate a middle of the road guy they win.