International Duty

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Independence' started by unionchris, Aug 21, 2010.

1. unionchris

unionchris Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So this week the Cheesesteaks are without Larsson and Seger due to national team duty with Sweden and Frida with Iceland team duty.

Sweden beat the Czech Republic 1-0 behind a goal from Caroline Seger. Larsson started and played a full 90.

Iceland lost 1-0 to France. Frida played a full 90 and picked up a yellow card.

2. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Frida, a yellow card? How surprising!

3. unionchris

unionchris Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently it's not just WPS officials that are out for her.

4. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great players both... they are greatly missed

5. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    I don't know that I'd say officials are out to 'get' her. She's always on that borderline between physical and overly aggressive. It's great, though, because your speedy right wingers have one eye on the ball and the other watching out for the beast. Even though Estelle Johnson played well in NJ, You know that she didn't intimidate Heather O'Reilly nearly as much as Frida would. It will be good to have her and the Swedish players back for the home finale (regular season).

6. unionchris

unionchris Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree she is an aggressive player, and there's nothing wrong with that. The red card she got a few weeks ago late in the game was a joke. Wasn't even a yellow card offense and ref showed her straight red. They might be looking at her reputation of being a "rough" player every time she goes in for a challenge. Just hope she doesn't pick up two yellows before the end of the season or we'll be missing her for another game.