International Champions Cup?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by iride_mybike, Apr 15, 2013.

1. OC Galaxy Fans

Jul 30, 2009
    Placentia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got a Grupon offer today for the Dodger Stadium games. I guess my dreams of cashing-in by selling the bonus game tickets won't work. Have we run out of Euro-snob footie fans that they can't sell-out for a double-header? Tickets too expensive? Seems like there's been plenty of advertising. I hope we send our reserve team and get the pounding we deserve. We need to die a quick death in this "tournament" so we can get focussed on the remaining 1/3 of the season.

2. Steagles

Steagles New Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Greenfield, Indiana
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was stoked when I heard that Galaxy would be playing in this. I heard that Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy was hosting a match, and was hoping Galaxy would play here. We got Chelsea and Inter, so I cannot complain.

3. Estiv-0

Estiv-0 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Ronaldo is apparently (according to Twitter) going to throw out the first pitch at tomorrow's Dodger's game.
    Don't they play us in PHX on Thursday?
    Do RM just plan on not showing up? Or better yet, play right after landing?

4. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck, the Open Cup is more important than this Dog and Pony show. Too bad the RailHawks aren't invited to this.

The Cadaver repped this.
  5. pastor

pastor Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If I can buy a couple of Dodger dogs' and a beer then I will be happy.

6. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since they are trying to cut rate these tickets with Groupon, I would guess that people are not signing up in droves to head out to these dogs. Hope the stadium is half empty and maybe these things would go away. If the promoters take a bath is the only way to kill them off.

dashiel repped this.
  7. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    will there be shuttles from Union station to dodger stadium ?

8. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Anyone going to the training session on Friday?

9. BlueMagic

BlueMagic Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Avalon
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it's possible for me to be less interested in this game... Everton or Juve at the Hub would have been fun... Going to a venue not designed for soccer, where you can't Tailgate, and where you have to deal with annoying Madrid fans?? Ugh

Nothing against dodger stadium btw (I'm a dodger fan), it's just not where I'd want to watch soccer...

7E23, FlapJack and WarGalaxy repped this.
  10. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Why are they promoting playing at Dodgers Stadium as a good thing? It wasn’t all that long ago RFK was converted to a baseball stadium for a couple of seasons; it was awful.

11. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Any television or Internet stream for these games?

12. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found tonight's game listed on ESPN Deportes....

13. esco300

esco300 Member+

May 8, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also FSC 619 direct tv

14. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Hello everyone...long time-ish(two years) lurker, first time poster. Firstly, thanks to all of you who contribute here. This is my primary source for news of everything Galaxy.

When I heard about this tourney I had mixed feelings. No doubt we could use more rest for our boys(which is why I was silently hoping no Gs would make the All-Star roster) but, I really wanted to see a match at Dodgers Stadium...not to mention seeing Ronaldo play there too. I was disappointed when we lost the chance to see Messi at the Coliseum and this makes up for it a little, I guess. I was also sad to see CR7 got booed by some when he was announces before throwing out the first pitch yesterday. Don't those people realize we should make him feel welcome here if we want him playing for our city in two years!? Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the boys in a legendary stadium win, lose or...well, I look forward to a win only...

Also, these games will be broadcast on Fox Soccer.

Geneva and TrickHog repped this.
  15. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we are playing two friendlies in 42 hours?

WTF?

I just noticed this schedule. What a crock of ...

16. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm waiting by the phone for Bruce to call me up for the second game....

generaladmissision18 repped this.
  17. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With no real game until the 11th, I think tonight we'll see just our starters (minus LD, Keane, and Omar) for only the first 45 minutes (if at all), then our bench and reserves for the remaining game. It's in front of a Phoenix crowd, no need to show any loyalty to that crowd and try to win in front of them. I think we'll probably lose 6-1 tonight.

However, on Saturday I expect a full effort in front of an LA audience. It wouldn't surprised if Keane is back for that match, and that all the starters play for most of the match; hoping we can pull-off a surprise victory so we're not playing in the last place match in Miami. Plus the game Saturday is a perfect time for the team to be reunited to rebuild cohesion for an important game against Dallas.

For the game in Miami, I expect to see the same type of effort from Bruce as I expect to see in tonight's match. I think we'll see the starters in for the first half, then a complete sub-out for the second half knowing we have a league match on Sunday in the Dallas heat.

18. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on. Don't be a baby. you won't be saying that when RM is putting up double hockey sticks on our shitty overmatched ass.

This will be a beat down of ungodly proportions. so bad that bruce will be having the post game press conference 2 hours before the game apologizing and making up tried and true excuses from years past.

I'll be looking to see how many Phoenix Cardinal Cheeleaders CR7 will get pregnant during the game. Cobi says this CR7 paternity tests> than the G's scoring a goal tonight.

and I agree.

19. Grillinnap

Grillinnap Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Downtown Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's that time of the year again! To get embarrassed by European powerhouses.

Sigh

20. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When is it and what channel?

21. Grillinnap

Grillinnap Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Downtown Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the goals I got to record last year:

22. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    6:30PM and Fox Soccer. Will also be on Fox Soccer2Go and the spanish broadcast will be on ESPN3. Not that I'm going to watch or anything.

23. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Not sure where you see our lone goal coming from. Our goal scorers the last two years (Cristman in 2011 in a 4-1 loss and Lopes last year in a 5-1 loss) are no longer on the roster. Who will be Mr. Irrelevant this year? My bet is on Chandler Hoffman in the second half, but if I had to identify a similar type of player to Cristman and Lopes on this year's roster, then I would have to go with Leonardo.

24. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is either Leonardo (as well) or Colin Clark.

25. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Ahh yes. Clark is a possibility too. We're looking for a fringe player -- not very young, but not a retiree yet (at least not voluntarily) who fans don't like all that much and won't be on the team for very long.