InterLiga[R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by El CHarro_NEgro...., Jan 4, 2004.

1. Willington_Ortiz_86

Willington_Ortiz_86 New Member

Jan 5, 2004
    Brooklyn
    2-0 america at the half, im going to bed... congrats santos, congrats america...

i actually enjoyed this interliga thing a lot more than i thought. i was 'hooked' after watching the first game... anyway, g'nite!

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    hate to say it.. but i think Fox, SUM, and the FMF were right with having America-Morelia game as the last match... the stadium looks packed... that means more money for the FMF and the clubs..

there are some things i would have changed, but overall it has been good. I give the organization a B-

3. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    next year, the mexican league will have 3 teams in the CL..

i think for next year.. the winners of each group should go directly...

and the 2nd place clubs should play for the 3rd spot.

i was kind of hesitant about the interliga... but two thing i liked about it... its great for preseason, the clubs took it serious, and it internationalizes the league more...

to make it even... this is how i would set up the groups...

considering the champ cant participate

group 1
    League leader (current Ape.)
    3rd place in table (current Ape)
    5th place (Cla/Ape)
    7th place (Cla/Ape)

group 2
    Runner up (current Ape.)
    4th place in table (current Ape.)
    6th place percentage (Cla/Ape)
    8th place (Cla/Ape)

that way you have the teams that are currently the best and the best teams wont be in the same group. An you also ensure that the team that was good throught a year is participating

4. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    get real

In that case, they should of let Pachuca and Tigres be in the CL. Inferior? Atlas has about 5 players in the Mexican Olympic squad and still got to the final. I wouldn't call that inferior.

LOL, no.
    America barely tied Atlas in their group game, Atlas has had a solid interliga. Atlas won its group, with no losses.

5. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    They should have gone directly this time around.
    Now the games for the 2nd ticket to the CL will interfere with the league games.

True.

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    3-1 America

America moves on to face Atlas.

7. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    ok...what team gets ida and what team gets vuelta..and do they play in their own stadiums...

listo para PUMAS.SENORES.!

8. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what sh!tty refs...they caused atlas the game...
    both foreigners missed pks for atlas...all mexie pibes scored their pks :)... anyways...congrats to santos...im not sure how they will do...they have a small stadium with no lights, are they gonna play there or elsewhere? the thing im worried about is their away games...brazil will be hella tough and borgetti cant be doing everything.

special congrats to Yayo!(IDIOT CHIVAS/VERGARA :D).

9. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    THE PRESIDENT..OF SANTOS SAID..THEY WILL INSTALL LIGHTS...but another thing is..if they make it pass the first round. are they still going play in el estadio Corona.cap of 20k?

10. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    now we can only hope jaguares gets to the Copa so they install lights. It is so hot in some places in Mexico that most games should be played at night (Santos is one so is Jaguares)

11. tico 12

tico 12 New Member

Mar 19, 2003
    chicago
    One question I want to get it off my chest. Why is the tournament called Interliga? Shouldn't it be called Intraliga because the teams playing are from one league only?
    Anyway, congratulations to Santos.

12. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    congrats to Santos!

Do you think they will make their stadium a tough place to play in la Copa as well?

A FEW OTHER OTHERS

After having watched Atlas I have to say how come some people say there is no young talent in Mexico? they have great players there and the amazing thing is they have like 5 away at the sub 23!

1. watching those 2 brazilians play from Atlas (not pinheiro) I think it was a waste of money to bring them in, they didnt impress me. This is one of the things that I don't like about the MFL. They have good young players but they still decide to bring in a foreigner that is nothing special. The blame is placed on the people that get the reinforcements and sadly they are Mexicans. Seems to me that a lot of the people responsible for contrataciones in mexican teams don't have a clue about the concept of developing players, knowing good talent, and knowing when you don't need reinforcements. They keep on buying and buying.

2. America showed some of that great soccer that Leo was brought to Mexico for. I think America is one to be a great team. I like the style of play of America. Morelia is the opposite which is lots and lots of passing and most of the time nothing comes of it (very few shots on goal considering their possession). That style is typical south american style. Europeans seem to do more with less. Hopefully that European style of Benhakker gets imitated by other coaches in Mexico later on.

13. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    partidos

El partido de ida será el día 21 en el estadio Azteca, mientras que la vuelta será el 28 en el estadio Jalisco, en horarios por definir, pero que bien podrían ser las 20:30 horas y 20:45, de manera respectiva.

14. LA Aztecs OG

LA Aztecs OG New Member

May 28, 2003
    BEATING THE QUAKES
  15. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    'He certainly can claim ownership to being one of the best players in CONCACAF"hitchhiker guide

CURSED THAT T&T PLAYER...BTW CAN SOMEBODY POST THAT IN THE CONCACAF BOARD.WHO SEEM TO BE FUZZING ABOUT WHOS BEST IN CONCA

16. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    America saved the best for last. I really liked what I saw this game. What awesome play that lead to the give and go goal! Navia is really freaking awesome. I love the tandem of Blanco and Navia. This is what America lack the last couple of season and its been a true forward who can score at will.

17. futbol571

futbol571 New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Excellent tournament!!! Loved the style of play and thought it was hosted well (- Stagg Stadium) for a beginning. Would LOVE to see MLS clubs compete in this tournament and in other places like Chicago, NYC, Miami, etc.

18. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Do you have any idea how cold it was in New York last week?

19. futbol571

futbol571 New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Good point!

So what are the options for Interliga?
    San Jose/SF Bay
    LA
    San Diego/Tijuana
    Dallas
    Houston!!!
    El Paso
    San Antonio
    Albuquerque
    Phoenix
    Miami
    Atlanta

20. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    well, they can play in madison square garden.

21. El Guero Naco

El Guero Naco New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Yeah, I wish. We have absolutely nothing close to a good stadium. That's the problem with the Georgia Dome. I remember when it was built, my dad, who's covered American football for newspapers before, could only say, "How can they build a domed stadium in the South?"

I never thought it would come back to haunt us about soccer. I wish so bad that we had a good outdoor stadium here. There is a large Hispanic population here, so if they built it in the right part of town, they could get a lot of people out.

22. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    RDL, you make too much sense.

All I would ask for is a common set of rules for selecting the participants and have it not vary from year to year in order to suit the needs of whatever group has sway in the FMF.

By the way, I'll be pulling for America to be Mexico 2. I just think America would do a much better job than Atlas.

23. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't forget Atlas vs. America
    10 PM ET / 9 PM CT / 7 PM PT

Live from Mexico City