Interesting WMD Info

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by house18, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    First off - Washinton Times reported this "story" - nuff said

Second - I read this "story". Not one shred of concrete evidence is brought forth. Not one. This man "thinks" they are in Syria. He "theorizes" that the looting was actually "organized looting". Of course he was never IN Iraq but details, details.

And here is the coup de gras....
    Iraqi government officials "below the Saddam Hussein and the sons level saw what was coming and decided the best thing to do was to dispose, destroy and disperse," he said.

Wait a minute wasn't the party line before that Saddam was this iron-fisted dictator who closely held his WMD program so he could make quick use of it against the US?

Now it is people at lower levels spirited them all away?

If lower level people had them why on earth did they not use them to defend themselves?

What gain would these lower level guys have in spiriting WMD's out of Iraq? What would they care if the US found them?

And his evidence for this? Trucks going into Syria. *Snort*

House18 will you really drink any flavor of koolaid they give you?

2. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Thank you for proving that you and others like you don't care what was actually said, just what you want to believe. I simple posted it as interesting, never said it was right or that it proves anything. Then you jump in crisizing the paper it was in (of course you like to use liberal news sources, but that's not the point), immediately saying it is 100% false. This is just proof that there is no such thing as an open mind with you and a few others who post here. Thank you!

3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No. You posted it as "info" when it's nothing of the sort. It's some guy theorizing about unconfirmed data, which is pretty far from "information."

Serioiusly, the "spy chief" says we knew this stuff since March 19th, and we STILL haven't done anything yet. That's pretty bad.

4. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    First, If I posted something from Salon I would expect a similar response House18. The Washinton Times is a far-right paper partisan rag. C'mon stop being disingenious. If I am trying to be non-partisan I post a AP or CNN story.

Second, What are you talking about? You post an article for us to read. I take the time to read it. And I rip it to shreds because it was a giant piece of fluff. What do you want me to do? Not point that fact out? Sit quietly mum?

What was there to be open minded about? The man presented no evidence (or at least that was in the article) and had some ass-hat thoeries that were just that - theories. Hell you and I have theories.

How is that "no such thing with as an open-mind"?

Go get a AP story with actual evidence and we will have a discussion.

Until then stop trying to be all high and mighty like you don't have opinions or a political bias.

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At this stage, this is just a theory about what happened to the WMD's, as good as any other theory. Nothing more or nothing less.

But it is funny how liberals are willing to believe wild theories about lies and deception and inventions and a vast conspiracy of neo-conservatives, but they immediately dismiss stories like this one out of hand. They believe what they want to believe, and what fits with their ideology and their interest.

6. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    As a general note, good thing Conservatives never do this. Otherwise there would've been wild rumors about lesbain orgies in the White House, and Bill Clinton murdering Vince Foster, and stuff like that. Thank God that never happened.

More to the point, explain to us why, if this "info" has been known since March that this is the first we've heard about it, and nothing was done to stop it at the time?

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lesbian orgies? Can I watch?

8. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    Argie are you drunk in this all hollows eve?

9. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There are no theories about the lies. The Bush administration really did tell those lies. Time to wake up and smell the coffee, and it is cold and bitter.

10. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    There have been rumors for quite a while about something like this. I got the impression that the amount wasn't very much. I do remember the first information came out before the war. I'll try to find a link tomorrow.

Bill Gertz is the most respected military report in DC. If he has the info then that means it's prolly being leaked by the military. I would take what he says seriously.

11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like one soccer player is as good as any other, so can we trade Chine Alegria for Ricardo Clark?

12. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

still hangin' on to that one huh?