Interesting Landon Comments

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by usasoccer4ever, Nov 3, 2004.

1. usasoccer4ever

usasoccer4ever New Member

May 7, 2003
    Bay Area
    On the US version of espnsoccernet.com under the "Headlines" section, there is an interesting article regarding Landon, entitled "Donovan down on Quakes situation". I tried to paste the link to no avail. Maybe somebody more computer literate can do so for the group. I can't really tell if he's mad at just MLS or if he's disgusted with Tony A. as well. Combined with the the new Mercury News article today really makes it seem like the club is going to suck next year. One can only hope for the best but.....

2. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
  3. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    Landon has the right to be upset. He is a player of a high caliber & talent. He has the ability & the exposure to have people pay attention. And look at the way he is treated. If Landon gets treated this way, I can only imagine the rest of the players.

European countries must be wondering what the hell the MLS is really doing for soccer in the USA!

I mean come on, we have a highly visible, well marketed, good looking California born talented soccer player and no one from the Quakes even asked him to stay. THAT BLOWS!

Its obvious things have run amoke in MLS. No clear consistent message or more importantly execution. Case in point:

#1. Quakes win a steller season resulting in MLS champions for 2nd time in 3 years. Outcome: unpredictable future

#2. Star player of Quakes and the Marketing POSTER CHILD for USA soccer. Outcome: unpredictable future in MLS

This is ridiculous and unacceptable.
    And Alexi tries to use unacceptable in his repetoire.?! Alexi Lalas needs to get his head screwed on straight and stare at himself in the mirror. I see him as the Manager to ensure the success of both Quakes & Donovan. But instead, this entire soap opera drama is a disaster.

A HUGE BLACK EYE ON MLS and the way they run their business.