Inter Milan v Bologna [R]

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by Catfish, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Inter Milan are going to DESTROY Bologna as they regain their poise and form in the table. My prediction is 3-0.

2. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Inter are messing about too much with formation. Mainly because of thelack of defensive wingbacks and full backs. Only Javier Zanetti can defend.

Toldo

Zanetti--Cordoba--Materazzi--Gio/Favalli

Ze Maria--Veron--Zanetti--Stankovic

Adriano--Martins​

For me Davids just hasn't done it. Make Veron and Zanetti the partnership. Go four at the back and keep it solid. The LB postion is the key, mainly becuase Favalli would play there, although I would love to see Gio Pasquale playing as an gret attacking full back, like Ashley Cole. Bring Dejan inside and allow Favalli or Gio to protect this area of the field.

Unless it goes wrong on the right, take off Ze Maria and put on Van der Meyde or Dejan on the right, with Emre on the left inside. OR - we can do an Anderlecht (see below.)

Despite his cockup at Florence, Martins is best with Adriano.

Now if you take one of Inter's best performances (against Anderlecht in the CL - IMO.)

Toldo

Ze Maria--Burdisso--Cordoba--Favalli

Cambiasso--------Veron

Emre-Stankovic

Martins---------Adriano​

Bar Burdisso (injured at the mo.) we played a very creative midfield, sending everything through the centre and dominanting the presence in the centre. This negates the presence of out and out wingers (playing to our squads strength.)

Hence Mancini should and could play:

Toldo

Zanetti--Materazzi--Cordoba--Gio/Favalli

Zanetti-------Veron

Stankovic--Emre/Recoba

Martins--Adriano​

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Stankovic is suspended for this match. Here is the probable lineup as reported by RAI Televideo:

Toldo
    J.Zanetti
    Burdisso
    Mihajlovic
    Pasquale
    Cambiasso
    Davids
    Veron
    Emre
    Martins
    Adriano

4. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Inter: 2
    Bologna: 2

5. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Wow, a draw. That's pretty rare these days. :rolleyes:

6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    ANOTHER draw!

I think Mancini is walking a tightrope - his job is on the line, big time.

87th minute goal....for Bologna..... :mad:

As a said before Inter need a new defender....quick!

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Sue, when did Burdisso come back? I thought they said he was out till xmas.

Oh well..... :rolleyes:

Still need a world class CB to support him.

8. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    2 wins that all we have for this season.
    Juve 9, wins
    Milan 6,
    Udinese 5
    Chievo 4
    Lecce 4
    Inter 2, that is horrible. 9 draws, that is unbelivable. you should end with less than 9 draws for the season not BY THE 11th GAME. throw in the towel, they're done.

My predition: inter finishes in 5th this season, with mancini being fired half way thru.

9. Inter2004

Inter2004 New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    USA
    Yah, it's sad to be this early in the season and already feel like the run at a Scudetto is over. I'd like to think Inter could accomplish something in the CL, but with this defense that seems unlikely as well.

10. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Ok World Class Football in CL then below average Football in the League. Inter need to finish at least 3rd or 4th to get to the CL.They arent getting the job done and with this kind of class squad they should be much higher in the League.The defense does have problems and this is whats wrong with Inter. They need to sign 2 or 3 big name defenders in January. They can score goals whenever but, the problem is the defense allows like 2 goals a match.