Inter Miami Dream Signings

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Sbey17, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sbey17

Sbey17 Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Australia
    Jan 20, 2020
    In an Ideal world which players would you like to see brought to the MLS by Inter Miami?

2. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Mbappe, Sancho, and Pulisic should cover it for the first season. :p

3. Sbey17

Sbey17 Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Australia
    Jan 20, 2020
    Haha very true. I am hoping the "Beckham effect" may encourage some players in their prime to join rather than the usual retirement brigade

4. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    True, but then again signing a European superstar in his prime could end up like a Giovinco situation where the player is dropped from their national team, thus you'd still risk the "retirement league" stuff. And if even if they weren't dropped people inclined to slam MLS will find a way to do so regardless (I noticed Iniesta going to Japan seemed to be much more accepted than similar transfers to MLS).

5. Sbey17

Sbey17 Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Australia
    Jan 20, 2020
    Yeah I guess its maybe just because Iniesta is so widely loved that nothing he does will ever be criticised. I think what would be really good is if some of the young Americans coming through in Europe decided to buy in to the Beckham project and develop in the MLS

6. Endless Skies

Endless Skies Member

Internacional Miami CF
    Oct 3, 2019
    Miami
    I floated the idea of Iniesta to people on Facebook and the response was that he was too old and way past it. I know he is playing great in Japan so I am not sure why he wouldn't work.

A realistic pick for me would be Falcao since we have so many Colombians living in Miami. Angel Di Maria would be good but IM already has enough attacking midfielders. They seem to need a striker and they are talking to Roger Martinez but I think Falcao or Cavani would be great.

If we are just talking dreams and discarding reality then I would love to see Neymar, Lewandowski and Sergio Ramos play here.