Inter in the Coppa [R]

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by SueB, Nov 21, 2004.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    First leg of the round of 16 vs Bologna took place today, with Inter coming from behind to win 3-1. Goals by Vieri, Recoba and Cruz. Here is the tabellino:

INTER (4-4-2): Fontana, Ze Maria, Burdisso, Mihajlovic, Coco, Van der Meyde (29' st Recoba), C.Zanetti, Davids, Karagounis, Cruz, Vieri (45' st Marino). (15 Carini, 23 Materazzi, 24 Gamarra, 26 Pasquale, 19 Cambiasso). All.: Mancini.

2. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    inter really needed that.

here are some things i liked about the game
    - Vieri comes back and scores a beatiful header
    - We finally won a game
    - we had 2 late goals to avoid a draw
    - won without ADRIANO
    - there is still a chance at winning a cup this season
    - inter nows has some confidence

3. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    COPPA ITALIA-INTER v BOLOGNA [R]

Goalkeepers: 12 Alberto Fontana, 15 Fabian Carini

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 13 Zé Maria , 23 Marco Materazzi, 24 Carlos Gamarra, 26 Giovanni Pasquale, 77 Francesco Coco

Midfielders: 5 Emre Belozoglu, 6 Cristiano Zanetti, 7 Andy van der Meyde, 8 Edgar Davids, 14 Juan Sebastian Veron, 17 Nicola Beati, 21 Georgos Karagounis, 25 Dejan Stankovic

Strikers: 20 Alvaro Recoba, 30 Obafemi Martins

interesing no vieri, adriano, or toldo.
    Another sign big clubs don't really care for the Coppa Italia.
    But a cup is a cup, you should always try to win. What harm will it do you?

4. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Re: COPPA ITALIA-INTER v BOLOGNA [R]

God no Adriano or Vieri. Hopefully Recoba and Martins play like they did against Sampdoria.

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Re: COPPA ITALIA-INTER v BOLOGNA [R]

Well, Inter already has a comfy 3-1 lead from the first leg, so I imagine they don't figure to need those guys and might as well rest them for Saturday's game at Reggina. Most big squads use a second team at this stage in the competition.

BTW, I had started a thread for "Inter in the Coppa" back in November after the first leg, but it's disappeared from the front page, not surprisingly. I think I'll go back and find it and merge them.

6. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    A tripletta for Martins and Inter wins the second leg 3-1 as well. Easy passage to the quarterfinals where they'll face the winner of Atalanta vs Juventus.

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Now we can see why Martins should start every game from now on....

8. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    :)

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Indeed. I'm happy to have found out (and seen the goals on Inter.it) that we won. Hopefully, we don't pull off a typical Inter post-winning streak habit, of losing to a beatable team on paper.
    Now my general thoughts, specially on the game vs Samp: any team that comes from a 2-0 deficit with less than 10 min to get 3 points should in theory have enough to win the competition. However we are still a few games behind due to the trillion ties we've collected. But you can't discredit a team that wins like that.
    I still think that we could do a much better job defensively, though. :)

10. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Martins told us that he should partner Adriano.

11. Inter2004

Inter2004 New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    USA
    My goodness, Martins has a cannon and a very accurate shot as well. His 3rd goal was really something.

It's great to see Inter finally coming together in a big way. The Scudetto is no longer out of reach and Inter are looking unstoppable in the UCL and Coppa Italia.

12. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Inter will face ATALANTA in the quarter-finals.

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Did any1 see the Juve-Atl. game?
    My question is was it a normal Atl. side against a 3rd string Juve team? Or did they really play a good game against juve?
    inter seems to struggle (not as of very late tho :) ) against small opposition that's really inspired.

14. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    For the most part, Atalanta did not field their starters because the home game vs Siena on Sunday is much more important to them. Lazzari is suspended for that game, so he (crucially, it turned out) was one of their few regulars. Juve also played their second team, except for Trezeguet, who was in his first game back. Atalanta was able to breech Juve's defense because Juventus was stretched by needing to throw everybody into the attack - especially once Atalanta got the first away goal, meaning Juve needed to score three more goals to win the tie.

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ah very interesting indeed. So Inter theoretically could go through by defeating Atalanta??

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Martins is Mr. ENGERY! I think his attitude along with Adriano's are contagious among the Internazionale side.

I think the Nerazzuri can feel confident that FCIM have a chance at Lo Scudetto and the Coppa Italia and possibly the CL.

17. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Inter is certainly a big favorite to beat Atalanta. The winner meets the winner of Cagliari vs Sampdoria in the semifinals, and - if it's Inter - they'd be favored there as well. In fact, if I can get way ahead of myself, it's looking distinctly possible that there could be a Milan derby in the final.

18. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=17376&L=en

19 NERAZZURRI CALLED UP

Goalkeepers: 12 Alberto Fontana, 15 Fabian Carini

Defenders: 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 4 Javier Zanetti, 11 Sinisa Mihajlovic, 13 Zé Maria , 24 Carlos Alberto Gamarra, 77 Francesco Coco

Midfielders: 5 Emre Belozoglu, 6 Cristiano Zanetti, 7 Andy van der Meyde, 8 Edgar Davids, 14 Juan Sebastian Veron, 17 Nicola Beati, 18 Cristian Kily González, 21 Giorgos Karagounis

Strikers: 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 20 Alvaro Recoba, 30 Obafemi Martins

No vieri, toldo, adriano.

I see Inter winning 3-1 With 2 from Martins and 1 from Recoba

19. Argentina Girl

Argentina Girl New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    I hope we'll finally get to see Kily on the pitch again!

20. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Martins again calling for a first team place. What a Coppa he has had!

21. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    FT: ATALANTA 0-1 INTER
    Martins 72

22. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    The return leg vs Atalanta is Wednesday at the San Siro. The game is being shown live in the US on RAI International (live, 11:30 am EST) and delayed (3:30 pm EST) on RAI Sport Satellite, available at http://www.fastweb.it/streaming/raisport.asx .

Inter will likely play mostly subs with Adriano and Recoba paired up front. The probably lineup:

Carini; Ze Maria, Gamarra, Materazzi, Burdisso; Van der Meyde, Karagounis, Davids, Kily Gonzalez; Adriano, Recoba.

23. neroazzurri

neroazzurri New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    LOS ANGELES, CA

Nice to see Gamarra back in there. I wonder how fit he is, we could use another good defender!

FORZA INTER █

24. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Yes, I'm surprised Gamarra hasn't found a spot this year because he did well last season. But Mancini obvioulsy prefers Mija.

BTW, RAI Sport has changed their schedule and will be showing the game at 2:30 pm EST.

25. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Here is the actual starting lineup:

Carini; Ze Maria, Gamarra, Materazzi, Burdisso; Van der Meyde, Davids, Emre, Stankovic; Cruz, Recoba.