Inter CL group

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by Blitzwing, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Well the CL group stage has been drawn:

Group B
    Inter Milan
    Bayern Munich
    Sporting Lisbon
    Spartak Moscow

That's a pretty tough group Bayern are our obvious main competitors for top spot but Sporting Lisbon and Moscow are no push overs either. Still with the quality of our squad and Bayern losing Ballack and Ze Roberto, I would expect us to finish top of the group.

Here are the fixtures:

Matchday 1, Tuesday 12 September
    Sporting Lisbon v FC Internazionale

Matchday 2, Wednesday 27 September
    FC Internazionale v Bayern Munich

Matchday 3, Wednesday 18 October
    FC Internazionale v Spartak Moscow

Matchday 4, Tuesday 31 October
    Spartak Moscow v FC Internazionale

Matchday 5, Wednesday 22 November
    FC Internazionale v Sporting Lisbon

Matchday 6, Tuesday 5 December
    Bayern Munich v FC Internazionale

2. edgarr

edgarr BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 31, 2005
    one thing that makes me mad is mancini that he is scared and making excuses already he always talks about fitness we need a coach with confidence not a coach that always wants the easy way to win we need to beat the best to be the best.
    i bet anything that mancini is thinking right now if we dont win the scudetto this season the team that ends up winning it better cheat so we win again
    who agrees with me

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug24o.html

with this attitude with need another coach

3. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    He's the Murinho of Italy, always an exuse. The group that Inter have drawn in the CL is probablly not the easiest, but definetly not the hardest, i mean look at Chelsea's group.

And yes your right, you need to beat the best to be the best, if you are truely the best team in the contest, the ones most likely of lifting the CL Trophy, then the group you have now should be a push over.

4. edgarr

Aug 31, 2005
    we better win the scudetto and at least make the cl final with the team we have we have to do good

5. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Easy now, Mancini is the best person for the job at the moment. And I believe we have enough depth to succeed in both the league and CL.

But I can't believe how easy AC's group is compared to ours!! considering they weren't even supposed to be in the CL in the 1st place.

6. edgarr

Aug 31, 2005
    i dont think he is the best for inter he is always making excuses about fitness and stuff. 1 when we were losing to villareal he puts mijalovic in when we needed to score 2 he prefers to put adriano even when he is not doing good remember milan 1 inter 0 3 he brought pizarro and solari for nothing he didnt let them play 2 very good players especially solari 4 he brings cesar a player who wont even make it to the z team of brazil 5 he sells martins and this moratis fault and gives recoba the 100000000000000000 chance
    6 and finally he prefers julio cesar over toldo

the only good thing is the 2 cups

7. Nojatuoli@tleetti

Nojatuoli@tleetti New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    it is a tough group, but i think inter has the quality to win it. at least it definitely should win the group.

Bayern Munich, still a hard team to beat, even without Ballack. They have a lot of experience on playing important games in Europe.
    idk much about Sporting, so i will keep my mouth shut about it.
    Moscow may not be a match for Inter, but playing in Moscow in October sucks.

Sporting Lisbon v FC Internazionale 1-3 points

FC Internazionale v Bayern Munich 1-3 points

FC Internazionale v Spartak Moscow 3 points

Spartak Moscow v FC Internazionale 1-3 points

FC Internazionale v Sporting Lisbon 3 points

Bayern Munich v FC Internazionale 0-3 points

8. Bianconeri29

Bianconeri29 New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    California
    Bayern don't have a very good team this season, after Ballack left they are struggling bad, other day Barca beat them by four goals. Inter will qualify, they have the easier group.

9. Nojatuoli@tleetti

Nojatuoli@tleetti New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Easier than...?

Bayern have played two games (Dortmund and Bochum) in the Bundesliiga and won both of them. The team has been weakened by Ballack's departure but it is still a solid team.

10. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Too be honest I wouldn't be surprized to see Lisbon cause a upset and qualify 2nd in place of Bayern, they are a very underrated team.

11. Andross

Andross New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    England
    Tricky group if you ask me.

Bayern will be difficult even without Ballack and Ze Roberto.

Spoting could potentially pull off an upset but im fairly sure Inter can beat them home and away.

Also having to travel all the way over to Russia will be a bit of a drag especially because Inter will be challenging for the Scuddetto this year. ;)

P.S AC Milan got off pretty easy didnt they? Hardest team in their group is Lille, they dont have to do any nasty travelling either. :(

12. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We got this! No need to sweat. Stankovic will come up big for us and Crespo will score the important goals off the bench. Bayern are nto rnearly the team they used to be but they are still a solid team. Don't know about SL never seen them. 1st place is obviously our goal and we got what it takes.