Inter 2016-2017 season

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by Samora, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    t
    this is a serious question lol

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Serie A 17.a giornata Pagelle: Gazzetta dello Sport
    INTER-MILAN - Migliori per la Gazzetta dello Sport: Palacio (7.5) e Bonera (7). Bene anche: Guarin (7), Jonathan, Nagatomo (6.5), Handanovic, Campagnaro, Rolando, Juan Jesus, Kovacic, Kuzmanovic (6); Abbiati, De Jong, Muntari, Saponara (6). Peggiori in campo: Zanetti (5), Taider, Cambiasso (5.5); Zapata, Constant, Poli, Matri (5), Balotelli, Kakà, Emanuelson (5.5).

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goalkeepers: 1 Samir Handanovic, 30 Juan Pablo Carrizo, 12 Luca Castellazzi;

Defenders: 2 Jonathan, 4 Javier Zanetti, 5 Juan Jesus, 6 Marco Andreolli, 18 Wallace, 23 Andrea Ranocchia, 25 Walter Samuel, 31 Alvaro Pereira, 35 Rolando, 55 Yuto Nagatomo;

Midfielders: 10 Mateo Kovacic, 11 Ricky Alvarez, 13 Fredy Guarin, 16 Gaby Mudingayi, 17 Zdravko Kuzmanovic, 19 Esteban Cambiasso;

Forwards: 7 Ishak Belfodil, 8 Rodrigo Palacio, 9 Mauro Icardi*, 22 Diego Milito.

haven't that name in a while, his contract is up this summer so we might see the last of milito in an inter jersey.

lazio have been on the downside even though they didn't really change much over the summer. New coach and perhaps new expectations might make this more difficult for us but at least we have an almost 100% squad available.

4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very crappy first half. No one played well besides maybe guarin. Handanovic has been caught napping, defense creating major errors and long balling everything, no midfield what so ever.
    mazz is going to have to change things, bring in kovacic or someone who can keep possession in midfield. Klose is getting in between our defense and cucho which pretty halters any progress.
    lazio the better team so far but mainly do to our own ineptitude.

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    keeping possession is not mazzarri's style.

6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    didn't we have like 60 -40 possession vs you guys lol?
    us playing on the counter hasn't been working all that well, even in the milan game we struggled with palacio all alone and guarin trying to run everything. At least mazz subbed in the right folk to try and get an outcome so he's not incompetent.

7. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Inter: Handanovic; Campagnaro, Rolando, Juan Jesus; Jonathan, Kuzmanovic, Cambiasso, Alvarez, Nagatomo; Kovacic; Palacio.
    Subs: 
Carrizo, Castellazzi, Zanetti, Andreolli, Mudingayi, Botta, Taider, Milito, Ranocchia, Samuel.
    Coach: Walter Mazzarri.

Chievo: 
Puggioni; Dainelli, Radovanovic, Bentivoglio, Cesar, Sardo, Frey, Paloschi, Hetemaj, Thereau, Dramé.
    Subs: Squizzi, Silvestri, Bernardini, Claiton, Kupisz, Lazarevic, Sestu, Pamic, Estigarribia, Acosty, Mbaye, Pellissier.
    Coach: Eugenio Corini

Very interested in seeing how this team will cope without guarin, kuz is in his place with kovacic in the AM/SS role.
    Perhaps if things aren't going our way(chievo anchoring and us not penetrating) we might see milito and botta come on and possibly create a trident...

8. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    chievo scored a nice goal due to some miscommunication from our defense. responded well and should have been up 2-1 but the ref incorrectly labeled nagatomo offside for his second goal.
    for the first 25 minutes we played well: passing, combining, creating. kuz is having his best game and i honestly don't miss guarin though i wish one of cucho/kuz would make more forward runs.
    after the 30th minute tempo dropped and chievo started to pressure us forcing some long balls.
    1-1 halftime.

9. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chievo with good defending but not acceptable imo. 1-1 and no urgency to get the winning goal, often we would just pass back or slow down play for absolutely no reason...
    mazz went for it but really didn't change much with palacio dropping in midfield and kovacic replacing cucho, milito was lonely. hope mazz learns from this.

10. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Saw the game and thought that Internazionale lack a genuine creative midfielder in the centre of the midfield. In these types of matches you need someone that can look up and thread a pass to split the opposition. Chievo were defending deep and trying to hit Internazionale on the counter attack. I would not be suprised if more teams will start to do this against Internaizonale.

11. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well kovacic is trying to fill that role but he generally does better at dribbling the ball and spreading play, he did have 2-3 penetrating passes but not nearly enough.
    There have been plenty of teams who have been doing this namely Roma who raped us pretty hard earlier in the season and with the quality of our defenders its a no brainer.

12. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I do not think Kovacic is the answer. He was going deep and and receiving the ball too deep in midfield. Palacio was too isolated. He did not have much to finish although he did miss a golden opportunity. Palacio needed better service and it never happenned. Kuzmanovic was annonymous. He does not offer anything going forward and defensively Cambiasso is better.

13. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree besides the kuz part, if you look back at the goal it was kuz who got the ball and instead of playing it back he spun and spread it wide to ricky, he also won the ball and helped out in defense. Cambiasso is the better player but he's slowing down and he can't handle being the sole anchor anymore.

14. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cambiasso usually has Guarin and Alvarez next to him and they both defend and attack better then Kuzmanovic. So far players like Taidar and Kuzmanovic this season have not impressed me. They are not up to the level required for Internazionale in my opinion.

15. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got no money man lol
    we are a good team, not a great team and to get back up to top 3-4 we're gonna have to rebuild and let go of our old guard which will be difficult: cucho, zanetti, milito, samuel etc. and find cheap talent to replace them with or youth.

16. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Milito earns €5 million after tax so his contract needs to be renegotiated. I do not know how someone thought it was a good idea giving him a salary that high when he was 31 and for four years. Yes, he was amazing in the Treble winning season but still that is absurd especially when Financial Fair Play rules were on the horizon.

Cambiasso earns €4.5 million after tax. I think his contract expires at the end of the season. I think he should get a renewal but obviously on much lower wages.

17. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Inter likes to keep its old players and pay them well, its only last season when we started selling/letting them go in order to cut cost. And yeah it was bad management giving him that type of contract, cucho was arguably one of the best DMs around up until 2011-12 so he deserved his money.
    thorir said in 2-3 years time this "project" will bear fruition, just gotta endure and hope.

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We just can't get a win.

19. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I excuse the 1st half due to conditions but what the hell.. we just can't catch a break. Got close 2-3 times towards the end but genoa still had more opportunities than us and defensively held off quite a bit(besides pitch errors).
    Guarin should have been on sooner cause without ricky we lacked penetration and mazz needs to figure out the midfield which is leaving our defense exposed quite a bit.
    Even though we're not at our best we should not be losing to genoa, I got one foot off the mazz train.

20. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Seconded...

21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010