Inter 2016-2017 season

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by Samora, Aug 25, 2013.

1. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn that's some tough luck on Icardi. Really want to see him get more minutes. We definitely have the ability to finish 4th and go at least semis in coppa. I would love if we can qualify for the CL, but the form of Roma,Juve, and Napoli are making that hard

2. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's been interesting to see Mazzarri use Kovacic and now Guarin up front with Ricky behind on the left. I definitely wanted to see us shift to a more aggressive setup and you're right that Ricky is still being involved heavily in our offensive movements in this 3-4-2-1. With Milito still out, Icardi under the knife and Belfodil making youthful mistakes it looks like we're gonna stick with just Palacio up front.

Oh god I really hope we beat Livorno or else that would be seriously embarrassing.

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Line ups
    Inter:
    Handanovic; Ranocchia, Rolando, Samuel; Jonathan, Taider, Cambiasso, Alvarez, Nagatomo; Guarin; Palacio.
    Subs: Carrizo, Castellazzi, Zanetti, Andreolli, Belfodil, Kovacic, Mudingayi, Kuzmanovic, Wallace, Puscas, Donkor, Olsen.
    Coach: Walter Mazzarri.

Livorno: Bardi; Gemiti, Paulinho, Luci, Mbaye, Ceccherini, Emerson, Siligardi, Schiattarella, Valentini, Duncan.
    Subs Anania, Aldegani, Piccinni, Decarli, Belingheri, Lambruhi, Emeghara, Benassi, Borja.
    Coach: Davide Nicola.

Can't remember the last time i saw pupi on the bench. Bit worried about Samuel & Ranocchia as the outside CBs, they can get beat by pacy wingers imo. For our youth team we have Duncan, Bardi & Mbaye staring with benassi on the bench

4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not every day an italian scores for inter:D
    poor bardi, at least he had a good save towards the end

so much possession, there are chances but we seem to lack that final pass but with livorno defending with 11 behind the ball it is quite difficult on the other hand livorno have had almost nothing to show for it.
    we need more tempo, 1-0 at the half

MetroChile repped this.
  5. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ZANETIIIIIII!!!
    he turns around, swivels then darts into the midfield, passes it to kovacic who shows real skill and nicks it to nagatomo who scores!
    You know before this game I would have said we don't really needed our captain besides maybe holding off a score or as a defensive reinforcement but just in that short amount of time showed that he still got it and can still offer something for offense. truly amazing athlete
    finishes 2-0

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Glad to see Zanetti back. Most players at his age would have given up 5 years ago.

Serie A - Inter-Livorno 2-0: le pagelle

ZANETTI 6,5 – Entra e San Siro esplode. Subito un paio di accelerazioni delle sue, compresa quella che propizia il gol del 2-0)
    [​IMG]

MetroChile and Samora repped this.
  7. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    40 years old and Zanetti comes back from a really tough injury. He said he didn't want to retire on an injury and wanted to play one more game. Looks like he has more than one more game left in him. Massive props to him ... plus he made his presence felt right away.

The bow was funny after Nagatomo's goal. :D

Good game by Cambiasso. :thumbsup:

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I though Cambiasso would have given Zanetti the captains armband. I guess there wasn't enough time. .

9. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Tribute to Moratti ...

[​IMG]

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember when Moratti took over as president of Inter from Ernesto Pellegrini in February 1995. Interestingly, almost 6 months to the day, Javier Zanetti made his debut and has been at the club almost as long as the president

MetroChile repped this.
  11. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    SteelShot repped this.
  12. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Thohir is the new president since Moratti felt it best to hand everything over to him. The article says Moratti is the "honorary" president which must be similar to president emeritus. It's been a helluva ride. Angelomario will be on the board. LINK

I read somewhere that the agreement with Thohir stipulates he has to spend "X" amount in the transfer market in the next 2 1/2 years or Moratti has the option to buy the club back at a discount. Who knows how accurate that is.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I always liked the way he played but finally realized he was a phenomenon around 3 years ago at 37 years old when he out dribbled his opponents and either scored or an assisted. I can't remember the exact play but I recall thinking if this guy does this at 37, he has to be a star.

14. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im glad he'll stay as honorary president, he deserves it and much more. Almost a billion dollars spent during this ride and there isn't enough thank you's to fulfill what our former president had done.

Thorir talked about making the team competitive again but also financially healthy...as well as spreading the inter brand to more asian countries as well as the US.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that buy back clause exists considering how cunning Moratti can be:giggle:

15. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    after he turned 30 something he digressed his runs into the box and eventually had more of a coverage & stability role with maicon taking over the runs on the right hand side.
    Pupi is thinking of hanging his boots after this season so enjoy the few appearances he has left.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looking at him last week, even though he only played 10 minutes, he looked like he could keep on playing another few years. I know its almost impossible but it would be cool if Argentina picked for the WC next summer where he could bow out in glamor. Sadly, its a pipe dream.....

17. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great chance to go for 3rd now that parma beat napoli and with us having a great away record vs bologna we could really start seeing the start of a good run until christmas.
    Even with some of our players being sent to play over the intl. break some of them were unused subs so we could very well see a strong 1st team.
    list:
    Goalkeepers: 1 Samir Handanovic, 30 Juan Pablo Carrizo,12 Luca Castellazzi;

Defenders: 2 Jonathan, 4 Javier Zanetti, 5 Juan Jesus, 6 Marco Andreolli, 14 Hugo Campagnaro, 18 Wallace,31 Alvaro Pereira, 35 Rolando, 54 Isaac Donkor, 55 Yuto Nagatomo;

Midfielders: 10 Mateo Kovacic, 11 Ricky Alvarez, 13 Fredy Guarin, 16 Gaby Mudingayi, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 21 Saphir Taider, 90 Patrick Olsen;

Forwards: 7 Ishak Belfodil, 8 Rodrigo Palacio, 28 George Puscas.

Hugo & JJ are back and with samuel out we should see the back 3 of Hugo-Frog-JJ
    most likely see johny, ricky, cucho, taider, yuto in midfield & palacio-guarin up top

18. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sucks because we deserved to win. Aggressive, creative, defensive. Curci is a good GK though and thanks to him it ends in a draw. Guarin to me was so-so, he would get in good position or dribble into one only to shoot it into the stands. Taider was disappointing in just about every department including that chance near goal where all he had to do is lightly tap it. Took a while for our defense to warm up but we did well vs diamanti, midfield was good and palacio got involved in every attack. Ends 1-1.
    I really wanted to go above napoli:thumbsdown:

19. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    There are times when Pereira gets in the way and screws everything up. Plus he had trouble passing to teammates today.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is Zanetti hurt again?

Serie A - Le pagelle di Bologna-Inter 1-1

INTER

Samir HANDANOVIC 6,5 –

Hugo CAMPAGNARO 6 –

Jorge Pires da Fonseca Rolando 6,5 –

Jesus JUAN 6 –

Cícero Moreira JONATHAN 7 –

Saphir Sliti TAIDER 5 (dal 57’ Mateo KOVACIC 5,5 –

Esteban CAMBIASSO 5,5 –

Nicki ALVAREZ 6 –

Yuto NAGATOMO 5,5 - (dal 25’ Alvaro PEREIRA 5 –

Fredy GUARIN 5 –

Rodrigo PALACIO 6 –

All. Walter MAZZARRI 6 –

BOLOGNA
    Gianluca CURCI 7,5 –

Cesare NATALI 5,5 –

Mikael ANTONSSON 5 –

Frederik SORENSEN 4,5 –

György GARICS 5,5 – (dal 67’ José Ángel CRESPO 5,5 –

Rene KHRIN 6

Diego Fernando PEREZ 6 – (dal 74’ Michele PAZIENZA s.v.)

Archimede MORLEO 6 –

Panagiotis KONE’ 6,5 –

Alessandro DIAMANTI 6 –

Jonathan CRISTALDO 6,5 –(dal 46’ Alessandro BIANCHI 6 –

All. Stefano PIOLI 6,5 –

21. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well that's a pretty typical performance from him so I'm use to it lol. Wallace isnt an upgrade over him so it is what it is, probably see one or both leave during the january transfer window and for sure during summer.

22. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's healthy and made the bench.
    Zanetti said before the game that the team was playing well and that he should not start. Whether he's repeating what mazzarri told him or if that is his own opinion is up in the air.
    I would have taken pupi over pereira but perhpaps mazz saw that they had a weak left side and went with the more offensive player.

23. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it was a last minute goal that stopped us from getting 3pts but really we stepped off the pedal way too soon and let samp grow confidence which led them to more on goal chances than us!
    It's another disappointing draw vs a team we should have beat, & now we're headed to the toughest part of our schedule: parma-napoli-milan-lazio
    Our players didn't play badly, they just didn't play for 90 mins

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so how you guys liking Mazz.

25. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member