Insoles Help

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by mopdogsoc, Oct 18, 2021.

1. mopdogsoc

mopdogsoc Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Mar 16, 2021
    After one of my kids complained of heel pain (growth spurt), I did a search on here for recommendations and saw that someone had a recommendation from an Ajax biokineticist about how the Dr. Scholls half insoles/heel cups were the best option. So, maybe this is a dumb question, but do you use these on top of other insoles? I currently have a pair of Currex insoles in the cleats but wanted to get these heel cups since they are specifically for heel issues, but it seems like there wouldn't be enough room in the shoe for both. However, certainly those half insoles aren't used without anything else? Anyone have any advice on this specific issue?

2. D-Wall

D-Wall Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi there, our son has Sever's as well, and it is a bear of a sports injury. Ton's of opinions on reducing the inflamation... and rest seems to be the best option. We tried Arnica tablets, NSAIDs, ice, STEM, Arriosti therapy... and it seems like time is the best thing as they grow and their body changes. That said, we tried the heel cups but the slip.. and a few parents said they glue them in the shoes.. and that could prove expensive. We were recommended Bauerfeind AchilloTrain which has a built in heel cup, and we bought 2... Son liked them and they helped. This will go on until that Growth Plate fuses together around 15 years. And that is when their true speed will blossom too. Hope that helps.

Pete. and CoachP365 repped this.
  3. Pinerail

Pinerail New Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2022
    Same with mine. Superfeet makes hard insoles in different colors green for sneakers/shoes black fits cleats.

Also try this taping technique in study below. Worked for my kid immediately. He's been doing it for games and practices for 1.5yrs. not sure it's good to do that long but it does help keep him in field. Maybe not a good thing. You can visually see it in the way he walks after taping and he says it feels better. Give a try but maybe see a doc. Also Hampton Adams makes great tape. I've used a ton

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...YQFnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1yGbCZFruAPvSdRBC7D1MH