Infraction received

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Cevno, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I received a infraction for posting this -

So now wanting the world cup final to be tarnsihed by a big refereeing howler because the howlers in these important games are not covered up later on is a offence?

I really want the game to change for the better and show up the referees and FIFA'S incompetence by a mistake in the final to put pressure on FIFA to change for the better. But i guess the mods in the World cup referee forums do not want to.

Is this forums run by FIFA or something?

And i have to say the mods on that forum are ridiculously power hungry and too keen to show off their powers. I guess they are referees themselves so they don't even tolerate calling the referee shit or incompetent but they allow everything which is posted in defence of referees even calling players cheats.
    Several other posters have also made their displeasure known there.cmon a warning and a infraction for calling the referee meek and incompetent?
    I challenge all of the mods There on a open debate on the competence of the referees ,if they are willing to show up ,and without the use of their powers if they really believe the referee was not incompetent or meek.

What's more they also post statements such as the referee cannot be accused of being biased. Though that was not against me but another poster how can they think that human referees are devoid of human emotions.For all we know the referee can be a maradona fan yesterday.
    And how is that not in the realms of discussion or analysis ? Yes it is subjective and controversial ,but can you please suggest another forum with more tolerant and realsitic mods to discuss this?

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm told that this was a serious of posts pushing the envelope and that you were warned previously. Have you made an effort to understand the warning? The referee forum is not intended for referee bashing - it's a forum run by referees who are interested in calmly debating, discussing, and analyzing decisions of the referees as adults.

As you were told in your first warning "you might not agree with how the forum operates, but please don't just ignore the rules. There are many threads all over the site where you can call the referee a twat, please don't do it in the only one where it's not allowed."

3. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I called the referee twat and accept the warning for that .

But then the infraction received for the above post was ridiculous to say the least as i have explained previously.

And another infraction i received was for calling the referee incompetent and him not having the guts to change his decision. If that is not analysis according to mods then what is?

What kind of forum are these referee mods running where you can call players cheats,divers ,conmen to defend referee but not call the referee meek or incompetent?

4. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Saying that a player cheated or dived is sometimes used in descriptive terms when people are discussing specific decisions. However, talking about anybody (players or referees) in a pejorative manner is something we discourage. I am not aware of much of this occurring in relation to players... certainly I have never seen them referred to as conmen.

Please report any posts you believe need to be brought to the moderators' attention. Although we attempt to read as many threads as possible, given the volume we cannot vet every post made on the board.

5. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why were my posts asking people to post here if they feel the moderation is not correct and too overly done in the refereeing forum removed.

I thought everbody had a right to protest and this forum was amerivan not North Korean.

6. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So you can call the players anything and is analysis ,but saying the referee is incompetent is pejorative?

And when i said the referee did not have the guts to change the decision and seemed meek at the time ,i was infracted. Was it not also analysis?
    It was a observation i made.

The only mistake i made was calling the referee a twat for which i was fairly warned for. But the two infractions were pretty ridiculous and too referee defensive.

7. LiquidYogi

LiquidYogi Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    You were assuming that the referee knew the correct call...which he didn't. So that's a factual inaccuracy designed to criticize someone, it's like saying you can't trust LY because he wears Army boots. It's not true, it's no analysis, it's an incorrect observation and you were smacked down for it. Get over it.

8. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here are a couple examples of people unhappy with the moderation levels here and mods being too guarded and defensive.
    There are more too.

9. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It seems that a member of the technical committee of fifa and from the same confedration as Rosetti agrees with me that he was not competent enough.

And if he is blaming Rosetti FOR not being sharp enough then ,it seems from that statement that my theory was correct and Rosetti and the linesman failed to spot the touch from tevez. Which was as much a mistake of the referee as the linesman.

Specially after seeing tevez claim the goal ,they should have overturned the decision but seemed to succumb to pressure of the moment and did not have the guts(and thus is why i called him gutless) to stand up to the argentitnians who cleverly wanted them to see the big screen.

Besides even if tevez did not touch the ball he was "interfering with play" ,and the interpretation was wrong by both of the law.

And Aguirre also said the referee and his assistants knew that they had made a mistake at halftime-

I guess that is enough proof for you.

Even leaving that aside i do not know how putting forward what i felt from at the time he was having a discussion with his assistant from his expressions clearly was worthy of an infraction.
    And how assuming he knew that his decsion was incorrect and that tevez had touched the ball after his celebration any different from assuming that he did not know that his decision was incorrect or making a statement that many defensive of referees have that there is no way that the assistant referee in the england germany game could have known that ball was over the line for the lampard goal from the position he was in.
    When in fact Lampard knew straightaway that it was over the line from a worser angle and that anyone with the basic knowledge of physics would know that it would have bounced over the line.

10. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So please can i get the Infractions removed or get a decent reply to my grouses?

I have posted here for almost 4 years and this is the first infraction i received and to received for such ridiculous reason just is pretty frustrating.

I am a moderator in one forum myself ,and was a adminstrator too and i know that such forums such as "customer service" have to side with the moderators on most occasions to mantain order on the board. But sometimes you have to call a spade,a spade and it becomes neccessary to do so ,to prevent a widespread feeling of injustice.

I am not interested in posting in the referee forums in any case too much and i do not think any input from a non-referee is welcome there as well . So will probably start a thread in some other forum that go there again if there is a incompetent display again as was the case on Sunday .
    But please can i get these infractions received for just stating the obvious in acceptable language removed?

11. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    You've been told why you were issued the infraction. Saying the referee made an incorrect decision and outlining how is descriptive and analytical. Saying he is incompetent, meek, and hoping that all referees in the tournament fail is perjorative and provocative.

You are a MUFC fan. How would you react if a fan of the opposing team came into that forum after he played badly a big game and called Rooney incompetent, meek and hoping United continued to fail in the future?

I fully support the decision of the moderator to infract you for the post you made, particularly in light of the fact that it was a series of similarly-themed posts. My advice? Learn from the infraction and move on. If you do not like the way the forum operates, you are entirely within your rights not to visit as it will not be changing. From the feedback we have received from many, many non-referee visitors you are in the (vocal) minority.

I have nothing further to say on the matter. Admin may respond to you further, that is their prerogative.

12. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I said i hoped there are more howlers in the world cup because then FIFA's Hand would be forced to change for the better and a error in a more crucial stage will not result in a cover up of FIFA's faults ,With them coming out and saying that the referees had a great world cup and rubbing salt into the wounds OF the fans of the affected countries of the blunder.
    It is different to saying that i hope all referees fail and abusing all of them.
    I think u got too defensive due to the errors and thought the best form of defence is to attack and thus used such powers despite my clear rationale for my opinion in each post.
    And i am entitled to my opinion and stand by it still.
    I given detailed explanation for the reasons to call the referee meek and incompetent and i challenge u to prove that the rules mention anywhere that to criticise the referee's state of mind as per his expression and accounts of the incident is not Analysis.
    And specially when proclaiming Ronaldo as a diver is analysis and saying that spain and portugal have reputation of dicing is not perjoratory.
    Hypocrisy at it's best to cover up a mistake .Is it not?:rolleyes:

Infact with this analogy you have tied yourself up with ropes as u have shown the us vs the them attitude that some(and i stress the vocal minority) and some referee moderators have there by which u dare not criticise anything to do with the referees even if they are not doing their job competently,which means incompetent.

If you come in and say that you hoped united failed in the future ,because u wanted glazers to sell it and for the betterment of the game ,i would not agree with you but not infract you certainly. At the end of the day you would have a valid point.

Besides we have had visitors over the year to tease us ,call rooney overrated ,fat etc... Ronaldo even a diver,a cheat and what not. Now calling Ronaldo a diver or a wanker was never a infractible offence though it lead to heated discussion ,with some fans not accepting that he was a bit of a c*** and a diver .Like that you referees did not want to accept that the referees can also be called incompetent at this level too.
    Just incompetent which was said in terms of a analysis bugged u that much?

Let me assure u in terms of non-refs i am not in the vocal minority at all . I have receive rep for posts here as well as there and also many people seem to agree with me there,though you guys try to suppress it best to your abilities and such by removing posts asking to post here if u disagree with the moderation there.
    MassacheutusRef decided to interrupt one of the threads there Baldassi one there i think to discuss my reporting of a post which was perojative of Ronaldo and proclaimed him as a diver. But when he got a apt reply all of a sudden he decided that the particular thread was not meant to discuss it. That is the kind of power hungriness i was talking about.

13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cevno, you do realize that we moderators have jobs other than moderating BigSoccer, correct? You also realize that there is increased traffic in each of the fora specifically dedicated to the World Cup, correct? In light of the above two points, we mods have noted, often, that we will moderate strictly those forums specifically dedicated to the World Cup. We do this to prevent threads getting away from the topic at had and becoming flame wars or something similar.

Now, let me say this again. During the World Cup, we moderate the World Cup fora strictly.

You may not feel it is fair, but for the next couple of weeks, it is what it is.

14. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "Fair" is a legitimate excuse when someone who acutely presents details like this gentlemen did. "It is what it is" doesn't shine too much light on the issue, especially for members who pay, considering this is customer service, after all, right?

15. vhatever

vhatever Red Card

Jun 16, 2010
    USA
    This forum has the worst moderators I've ever seen. I gget warnings for posting facts, I get warnings for BEING ATTACKED by other other posters.

I don't know if they are just a buunch of bigots or they are terrible mods. But it's the worst moderatation I've ever seen on a forum. No moderation would be better than this biased joke.

16. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Even I have my reservations about certain things, but I think you're over doing it. You just registered, have a huge post per ratio and are complaining about the moderators.

Just chill out and post less. There's a certain point where playing victim becomes immature. And honestly, I don't mean to insult you, but perhaps you realize it or you don't but you're playing victim too much here.

And pubically calling moderators names isn't going to make your cause stronger. This site's been around since 1995, dude, just chill out.

17. bluedevils

bluedevils Member

Nov 17, 2002
    USA
    There are MANY, MANY non-referees who post useful contributions -- opinions, questions, analysis -- in the referee forums. The referee forums are NOT a referee-only social group.

As someone who has transitioned to do more refereeing than playing, some of the most thought-provoking questions I hear are from non-referees. 'Why do referees do it that way?' Things like that.

I am not going to comment on specific warnings or infractions issued to specific members, but I think it is a very safe bet that the people who think the WC Ref forum was too tightly moderated ARE in the clear minority. The site has been running for what, 15 years? I think the people who run the show have developed a pretty good feeling for what people want. The rules for the WC Ref forum did not come about on a whim.

I understand you making your case for being unfairly punished, but it really annoys me to see people complaining that the WC Ref forum was too heavily moderated. That was done on purpose, it was explained over and over again before, during, and after the World Cup got started. If people don't like it, they should go somewhere else.

There are plenty of referees in that forum who acknowledge the mistakes that were made by referees and ARs. There are plenty of referees who feel that referee performances in certain matches were subpar, even poor. The WC Ref forum is not just a place where referees can defend other referees.