Information about Luigi Allemandi (1934)

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Rafael Vasco da Gama, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Rafael Vasco da Gama

Jul 4, 2004
    Hi, fellows.
    I need your help. I live in Brazil and here I'm not finding details about Luigi Allemandi's life. I now he was a player in Italy's squad in 1934, and I also Know that, when he was a Juventus player, he was involved in a bribery case. But I don´t have any information about his life after retiring. I saw in a website that he died in 1978, but I don't Know how was his life between 1934 and 1978. can anybody help me? Thanks a lot.

2. Strummerman

Strummerman New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Montreal
    We had a fun article in Montreal about Moonlight Graham a baseball player who played one game in the major leagues. I love these forgotten players.

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Sorry, I can't help much with his life after retiring, but he certainly had an interesting playing career. The "lifetime ban" was imposed after the 1927 season when he admitted to conspiring to let Torino win the crucial game (their championship was forfeited). But the ban was lifted after just one year and he went on to win a second Scudetto (his first was in 1926 with Juve) with Inter as well as an Olympic bronze medal and the World Cup in 1934. He last appeared for Italy in 1936 after earning 24 caps.

http://museocalcio.way4web.net/intervista_alleman.asp