Info On Clubs

Discussion in 'Israel' started by brassmonkey, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kappa18...

My wife and I both converted to Judaism. She was a baby and my conversion was 4 years ago....when I was 24. I taught Hebrew school for 3 years after I converted, I wanted to give back to the Jewish community and I have in college to be a high school history teacher. I don't know who I support in Israeli football. I haven NOT been to Medinat Yisrael. Our friend came to the states for business and we finally met him this past summer. Israelis are some of the nicest people we have ever met. We are going to visit Israel when our 18 month old daughter gets older....so she can handle the long flight and we will stay in Israel for a few weeks.

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    TequilaJoal...

My wife and I lived on Naples Island in Long Beach for less than a year. Very nice place, right near the beach. My wife's step-sister, Dad, and step-mom all live in Southern California.

Even though the Galaxy have been wild thugs to my Chicago Fire this season, I still have a small place in my heart for the LA Galaxy.

3. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Really

I imagine that you are reffering to Omri Afek. He was on free transfer and said to be going to the Los Angeles GaLAxy in the offseason but he signed with Racing Santander of Spain's La Liga. Assaf Crispis is a young player and he didn't play all that well in last Sunday's match against Maccabi Haifa.

I would say that the league minimum is probably around the same money that youth players make in Israel. Once the establish themselves they can make as well as $500K in the Israeli league. But, that is generally players that have played in Europe are always on the national team and constantly are in good form who get paid that much.

4. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Seems nice and all.......... In California...
    i bet its sunny and warm there and everyone drives pontiacs....

well for.......i am pretty neutral in this :(

5. brassmonkey

brassmonkey Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Pontiacs suck. And California isn't all it's cracked up to be. I've been there many times(both north and south), and it's not that great, in fact, it's awful. I didn't like SF at all, or L.A. SoCal natives say the smog isn't that bad like outsiders say, but it is. I was used to living in Washington, the enviromentalist capital of the world, and Alaska, so I was used to ultra clean air. I went to L.A. and it made me sick. It's also ugly as hell. SoCal looks like Nevada with a crowded shore. NoCal looks like Oregon or western Washington, only more crowded, and with ruder people. There are a lot of homeless people walking around there too. Twice as many as when I was in Chicago. People also make D.C. out to be terrible when it comes to bums, and it is, but its definately better than Los Angeles. The Anaheim area was nice, but thats about it. And it's rediculously expensive. I lived in Hawaii, and it wasn't half as bad, price wise. If you want to go to a sunny warm place, go there, or Florida.

6. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    What is there to do in virgina???
    I never been there.......

any business or just farms? jewish people?

7. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Really

That is cool.... Did they win?, Are there any websites in english that have information on israeli soccer?

Thats too bad Omri Afek didnt come.. we have a very eclectic team here in los angeles. And a large jewish community, particularly israeli and european jews. some say the largest outside of israel. So Mr. Crispis has gotten the call up to the Israeli national team?

Cat - good luck against New England, but I predict Chicago to win the MLS cup... there team is very good.

Who is top of the Table in Israeli Soccer right now?

8. brassmonkey

brassmonkey Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Kappa, Virginia is home to the nations capitol, Washington D.C., so theres a lot here. We have other large cities too. Virginia Beach(400,000), Richmond(300,000), Norfolk(300,000). I dont like it here though. I just moved here a few months ago

9. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Isn't washington D.C in Maryland?
    Freaking tour bus no good nothing....:mad:

10. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Really

No, Assaf Crispis has never played for the full national team. Currently, Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv is top of the table with 14 points after 7 league matches. Maccabi Haifa is second with 13 points. Ashdod Sport Club is also second with 13 points. After them comes Maccabi Tel-Aviv, last seasons champions with 12 points, then Hapoel Tel-Aviv with 11 points.

11. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Teams Games Points
    Bnei-Yehuda 7 14
    Maccabi Haifa 7 13
    M.S. Ashdod 7 13
    Maccabi TA 7 12
    Hapoel B-Sheva 7 12
    Hapoel TA 7 11
    Bnei Sachnin 7 9
    Mac. Natanya 7 8
    Maccabi PT 7 6
    Hapoel PT 7 6
    B. Jerusalem 7 5
    Ahi Natzrat 7 1

12. brassmonkey

brassmonkey Member

Oct 10, 2003
    D.C. is an administrative disrict in between Maryland and Virginia, but it's ties are definately more with Virginia. It's considered by most Virginians and Washitogians to be a part of Virginia.

13. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Intresting....
    I just simply call it District of Columbus :)

any more questions?!?!?

How about my question :mad:
    Where Jeff Agoooos play?

14. brassmonkey

brassmonkey Member

Oct 10, 2003
    You asked that in another forum! Somebody answered. It is the San Jose Earthquakes

P.S. Its the District of Columbia, not Columbus

15. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    ooooo kappish.....

So i will route for San Jose Sharks from now on!!!

District of Columbia!?!?!?!?!?!?! Dammit! My shirt says District of Columbus...whats with that??!?! I should stop buying counterfeit things from black people when i go to the U.S

16. brassmonkey

brassmonkey Member

Oct 10, 2003
    No! The San Jose Earthquakes, not the sharks. The sharks are a hockey team

17. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kappa...

for the love of all things HOLY, DO NOT support the Earthquakes! Every non-American I chat with jumps on the SJ bandwagon. Plus, I'm sick of their fans talking like they have won a ton of titles and Landon Donovan is the David Beckham of the MLS, when they have only won....1!

Also DC Utd has the most titles...4 so don't pick their dirty arses.

Chicago has 3 US Open Cup trophies (the most ever in the 90+ history of the Cup) and 1 league title. Or pick KC, Columbus, Dallas, New England Revolution, Colorado.

18. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I will have to check which one i will pick. For the meantime, i am gonna make a new thread about what team i should like.

Im gonna also say, that i have found a site that sells Iron On T-shirts of soccer clubs...in hebrew..

I found a couple of MLS teams to be exact....Chicago Fire and L.A Galaxy shirts, written in Hebrew :)

Show your jewish pride in the U.S liga!